WATCH Angelina Jolie Admits: I Have No Girlfriends!

Thu, September 9, 2010 10:47am EDT by 19 Comments

Angie has money, fame and power — but not many girlfriend! The global icon reveals Brad is one of her only BFFs!

Angelina Jolie, 35, appears to have it all … but she doesn’t. The mom of six, who spends her downtime saving the world, has been visiting flood victims in Pakistan for the past several days. As a Goodwill Ambassador to the United Nations, the Hollywood actress is required to travel to third-world countries quite a bit. But when CNN’s Sanjay Gupta asked Angelina on Sept. 7 who she confides in about the emotional experiences she has on these missions — she revealed there’s not many people to turn to.

“I don’t have a lot of friends I talk to,” she admitted. “[Brad Pitt's] really the only person I talk to. But I tell my children why I was going, and I explain to them. Why I was packing flashlights and food. They help me pack things. It helps them to be better people to understand a little bit about the world.”

We’re shocked that Angelina doesn’t have at least one best girl friend to talk to! Do you feel sorry for her?

— Chloe Melas

Don’t Miss Out! Read More From Our BFFs at TheFrisky.Com!

1. 10 Famous Female Cheaters
  2. Surprise! Fat Guys Are Better In Bed
  3. The 8 Strangest Celebrity Deaths
  4. The Gap-Toothed Trend Leads Some To Get Their Teeth Gapped

Ella

Posted at 2:09 PM on March 11, 2011

Oh give me a break! If this story were about a man not having any friends, no one would even write a an article about it! This is just another way for women to bash other women.

Scout

Posted at 7:01 AM on March 7, 2011

Angelina is one of those rare beauties who inspire jealousy and a desire to belittle in mere mortals. It’s obvious her comment was referencing not having many to talk to about her UN work, the horror and pervasive stench of death and desperation is not a topic she could share with many. Irrespective, Angelina does not tolerate fools and would be bored by the parochial, mind numbing, back stabbing chatter of the false friendships alive in Hollywood. Combining these factors does increase the liklihood Ange would be extremely selective in her friendships, no wonder more men than women describe her personality as delightful, warm, funny, intelligent, empathic and consider her a close friend. Meow kinda sums up this comment.

bonz

Posted at 12:04 PM on March 3, 2011

How many of us actually have more then a “few” TRUE female friends?
Unless your a fake as all hell person you KNOW this is true -one ….Two watch the entire interview -This is taken out of context. Three how COULD she have more female friends? Seriously how can she trust people to NOT spill her life story to the world?

KaliGurl

Posted at 3:22 AM on September 12, 2010

I believe a person is off balance when they don’t have friends of the same sex. Women who only get along guy friends & men who only get along with women friends is a red flag.

2Binlalaland

Posted at 12:51 AM on September 10, 2010

Seriously? She is a manipulator. She has slept with so many married men and somehow we forget that? There is zero respect for her. Beauty is clearly just skin deep. Class is to the bone. She’s doing her best to redeem her past and gloss over unforgivable behavior. I for one will never contribute to her success by ever watching her movies. That includes the other liar – Mr. Pitt.

claud

Posted at 12:40 AM on September 10, 2010

it’s pretty obvious to me she has no girlfriends. girlfriends would tell you you don’t sleep with married men under any circumstances.

louise77

Posted at 8:46 PM on September 9, 2010

Bonnie knows she can lie about what Angelina said since she knows that people won’t watch the video for the truth. Angelina said she doesn’t have a lot friends and family that she talks to about her UN trips not that she doesn’t have friends at all. Nobody even said the word girlfriend so I don’t know why Bonnie even said that.

Lori

Posted at 4:04 PM on September 9, 2010

While I think being a Goodwill Ambassador is admirable, does she not see that people in her own country suffer greatly too? She does work and donates to other countries and somehow doesn’t adopt here or realize that American people suffer just as greatly as maybe the elderly couple she met there. People here have lost their homes, jobs, are on the street because of the economy here and greed. That is my beef with her. What about American citizens and children here, Angelina?

Goya

Posted at 3:13 PM on September 9, 2010

I think Angie was focused on the actual QUESTION she was asked by Dr. Gupta i.e. what does she tell her friends and family about what she sees on her missions for UNHCR.

I can see why you wouldn’t go shopping or lunch with your girlfriends and start talking about children playing in streams of raw sewage in 90 degree heat all covered with flies and lovely elders that have lost all they worked 50 years for.

The better question Bonnie is where did Angie say she had no girlfriends in this video and why do you Angie-haters push this line so much? You know it isn’t true!! I guess it is another quick and easy way to dehumanize AJ which so often seems so necessary to your type.

LittleMo

Posted at 2:50 PM on September 9, 2010

Angelina deserves the nitpicking. No matter how ill-suited Brad and Jennifer may have been, THEY WERE MARRIED!!! Every relationship of any length that Angelina has had has started with her spreading her legs for a man who was with another woman. Don’t remember the girl Jonny Lee Miller, (1st husband) was with but he wasn’t “available” to anyone with any classs. Billy Bob Thornton was with Laura Dern and Brad was married. Charity isn’t going all over the world so you can hear everyone say how wonderful you are. Go to an Indian reservation, go to the Appalachian Mountains where people have been living like refugees for generations, go somewhere where there will never be cameras, where no one will ever find out you went, and give until it hurts – that’s true charity. People look at the dollar figures of what B and A put out but don’t forget, wealthy people shield their wealth – and a charity tax write off is the most common way to do that. I have absolutely no respect for Angie at all and if she’s unhappy, lonely, or whatever else she wants to call it – she deserves every bit of it. Her & Brad both will find out 3 things with absolute certainty- what goes around comes around, karma/payback is a bitch, and what someone does with you they will do to you. And they both deserve every bit of it.

Boo Hearne Carroll

Posted at 1:54 PM on September 9, 2010

You are spending another boring evening at home with the hubby. He is sitting in his lounge chair in his shorts, beer belly hanging over the waist, beer in hand. You are in the kitchen fixing him another bowl of popcorn. The buttery kind. As you hand it to him you remark, “Honey, I met the nicest gal today at Home Depot. We were in the flower section. I invited her over tonight for a gab fest. You might want to put some clothes on.” He says, “Yeah. Like THAT is gonna happen.” Ten minutes later Angelina Jolie walks through the door. Husband goes into catatonic shock. Right. Like that’s gonna happen! Angie, you don’t need friends. You have a guy and kids who adore you. Trust me. You don’t need girl friends.

lolanyc

Posted at 1:41 PM on September 9, 2010

why is having a “man” so important… and if u have a well balanced relationship u do lunch with gf’s. or shop. once ina while. then see your man.

kitty

Posted at 12:59 PM on September 9, 2010

I for once understand her.
My Mom was my absolute best girlfriend and when she died, so did my most trusted female confidante.
i have a wonderful husband who is now my best friend.
My sons have also always been a friend to me.
When I was in the workforce I made several pals but, it’s hard to trust anyone but family…so yeah I understand Angelina…besides, in her line of work and status she needs to be able to trust and it has to be tough for her.
I can’t believe i feel this much empathy for her.

Village

Posted at 11:45 AM on September 9, 2010

Her Mother was her best friend, and when her Mother died, Angelina turned to Brad to fill that emotional void. it’s not surprising to me she wouldn’t have any close girlfriends. Who would be her peers? She really doesn’t have any.

Stuwe

Posted at 11:28 AM on September 9, 2010

I absolutley do not feel sorry for her. She is beautiful, has the ability to give, and has the BEST FRIEND anyone can ask for: her loving partner.

I think she has it made!

dvalery

Posted at 11:24 AM on September 9, 2010

Most grown women and men have only one good friend, Oprah and Gail, some people think they have more than one good friend but find out the hard way they do not,all they really have or had is associates, in Angie’s business she is smart.

Shawn

Posted at 11:10 AM on September 9, 2010

Please explain to me how “I don’t have alot of friends I talk to” equal Angelina Jolie has no friends? This site for some reason feels the need to “prop up” poor Jennifer….then takes every opportunity to “nitpick at EVERYTHING Angelina Jolie says or does.Let me give you a tip…..not every woman walks around with a “goddess circle” of friends.Angelina Jolie has a man and six children to keep her busy.I hardly think she has the time to “lunch” and “shop.”

pgilhiga