SPOILER ALERT! I didn’t think it was possible, but McKinley High got even MORE entertaining than before…keep reading to get the inside scoop on the season premiere of Glee!
I’m not going to lie — I thought Glee had lost it’s charm by the end of last season, but just like creator, Ryan Murphy, promised, the award-winning Fox show is coming back with a vengeance. I was at the screening and premiere party last night in Los Angeles and the first episode of the second season is the best EVER. Seriously…here’s why:
- Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) has competition — both literally and figuratively! Actress Dot Jones joins the cast as the new female football coach, Beaste, and gives Sue a run for her money both at the high school and in the comedy realm.
- The person who you’d least expect to see be a cheerleader tries out for the Cheerios…and it’s NOT Puck (Mark Salling). Even Sue’s #1 sidekick, Becky, can’t help but crack up.
- Charice — the girl who Oprah claims is the most talented in the world — is freaking AMAZING and puts Lea Michele to shame during her huge solo, “Listen,” from Dreamgirls.
- Justin Bieber has joined the cast! Well, okay…I lied. But his semi-lookalike has! Chord Overstreet — the new series regular — and his luscious blond locks and full lips might send you over the edge. Too bad his character doesn’t seem like he plays for my team…
- Forget guest stars! The premiere episode actually focuses on the true Gleeks, which is a welcome change. Watch out for Harry Shum Jr. (Mike Chang), his big new story line and his HOT abs. (Cory Monteith, who?) Plus, Heather Morris (Brittany) has the FUNNIEST one liners. I didn’t think they could get better, but they did.
- THE MUSIC ROCKS. Well, this is an obvious, but I loved seeing other characters besides Mr. Schuester (Matthew Morrison) rap. Opening with Jay-Z‘s “Empire State of Mind” and Lady Gaga‘s “Telephone” = sheer brilliance.
Season two of Glee premieres Sept. 21 — are YOU Gleeking out?