KIRSTIN SAYS: I Saw The 'Glee' Premiere & Here Are Six Reasons Why It's The BEST Episode Yet!

Wed, September 8, 2010 2:12pm EDT by 60 Comments
Courtesy Of FOX

Courtesy Of FOX

SPOILER ALERT! I didn’t think it was possible, but McKinley High got even MORE entertaining than before…keep reading to get the inside scoop on the season premiere of Glee!

I’m not going to lie — I thought Glee had lost it’s charm by the end of last season, but just like creator, Ryan Murphy, promised, the award-winning Fox show is coming back with a vengeance. I was at the screening and premiere party last night in Los Angeles and the first episode of the second season is the best EVER. Seriously…here’s why:

• Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) has competition — both literally and figuratively! Actress Dot Jones joins the cast as the new female football coach, Beaste, and gives Sue a run for her money both at the high school and in the comedy realm.

• The person who you’d least expect to see be a cheerleader tries out for the Cheerios…and it’s NOT Puck (Mark Salling). Even Sue’s #1 sidekick, Becky, can’t help but crack up.
  • Charice — the girl who Oprah claims is the most talented in the world — is freaking AMAZING and puts Lea Michele to shame during her huge solo, “Listen,” from Dreamgirls.
  • Justin Bieber has joined the cast! Well, okay…I lied. But his semi-lookalike has! Chord Overstreet — the new series regular — and his luscious blond locks and full lips might send you over the edge. Too bad his character doesn’t seem like he plays for my team…
  • Forget guest stars! The premiere episode actually focuses on the true Gleeks, which is a welcome change. Watch out for Harry Shum Jr. (Mike Chang), his big new story line and his HOT abs. (Cory Monteith, who?) Plus, Heather Morris (Brittany) has the FUNNIEST one liners. I didn’t think they could get better, but they did.
  • THE MUSIC ROCKS. Well, this is an obvious, but I loved seeing other characters besides Mr. Schuester (Matthew Morrison) rap. Opening with Jay-Z‘s “Empire State of Mind” and Lady Gaga‘s “Telephone” = sheer brilliance.

Season two of Glee premieres Sept. 21 — are YOU Gleeking out?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

cardcrusher

Posted at 7:10 AM on November 22, 2010

At the end of the season, Rachel will mop the floor using Sunshine, and Charice won’t be back for the next season.

CM

Posted at 8:50 AM on September 11, 2010

boooo I’m expecting more Cory scene. We love Cory stop saying cory, who! He’s wonderful

Acadiana fisherman

Posted at 6:30 PM on September 10, 2010

lighten up Lea fans!!!!! Kirstin is just waking you up. We know who is the best and the leading lady. Sunshine will never be a threat to her. Everybody is just hyping it up. So don’t get caught up and react to word! Don’t worry ‘cuz they’ll probably be friends at the end of the season.

Acadiana fisherman

Posted at 6:32 PM on September 10, 2010

words!!!

me

Posted at 9:13 AM on September 10, 2010

you know the education levles in the US isn’t what it used to be and deteriorating when a common idiom is being taken literally. Now that “the cat is out of the bag”, can’t wait for Glee to come.

fgjhfghfg

Posted at 12:34 AM on September 10, 2010

LOL… Se-ar-ch “,====my discount bag====Google to see LV Get High quality luxury bags, you will find that’s your love.As l- v- ,ch-an-el,He-r-m-es,etc

Put down.

Posted at 2:08 PM on September 9, 2010

She also give a little lab at Cory too.

lovelovelove

Posted at 12:50 PM on September 9, 2010

Lea and Charice are BOTH phenomenal singers. GLEE won’t be GLEE without a very strong, vocally talented leading actress.

Charice gives me goosebumps and she’s a fighter. You can see that whenever she sings, she gives it her all — must be due to her struggles in the past that she has this survival instinct.

peter

Posted at 6:35 AM on September 10, 2010

You are right about that … Charice and Lea are both phenomenal singers …

dc_21

Posted at 11:40 PM on September 8, 2010

who’s bashing lea???? no one.you fans are just acting crazy. lea and charice are both amazing singers..they are just doin their job and kirstin as well.

Put down.

Posted at 2:08 PM on September 9, 2010

Saying she put her to shame is bashing her. She choose to put down Lea as she usually does. She could have said give her a run for her money or something else without putting Lea down.. Lea has nothing to be a ashamed about with her singing to say otheriwse is aput down. I would have let it go if it wasn’t for this sites constant need to bring Lea down for petty reasons. Whne I see lies I will confront them.

Platinumski

Posted at 6:25 PM on September 9, 2010

LOL. I didn’t know idioms are supposed to be the new form of bashing.

She might had been writing negative things about your “idol” in some past articles, but that doesn’t mean that everything she wrote would automatically connotate into negativity. Don’t get me wrong, I love Lea, but given the circumstances I have to write an article about the premiere, I would have written the same idiom as well. Oh! So then I’ll be bashing her too?? Oh, que horror! *rolleyes*

Having an open mind would help you in the long run, my dear.
Ciao!

youtroll

Posted at 7:49 PM on September 9, 2010

It’s a figure of speech. Jeez you people are SO sensitive.

keeper

Posted at 11:06 PM on September 8, 2010

competition is only on GLee show. Fans just put serious talks between the two of them

weak writing

Posted at 2:11 PM on September 9, 2010

Fan and silly sites such at this who say Lea’s performances are shameful. Ridiculous wording is all and shotty writing.

gllllleeeekkkk!

Posted at 3:26 PM on September 9, 2010

Then why are you reading this ‘silly’ site?

relax

Posted at 10:18 PM on September 8, 2010

They are both amazing and they respect and admire each other, read their twitter and watch their intreviews. The midia should stop this against all the time, and create things were it doesn’t exist.

Hannah

Posted at 10:00 PM on September 8, 2010

I can’t help but correct number 2: Becky isn’t Sue’s sister. She’s a cheerleader with down syndrome that Sue let on the team. Sue’s older sister Jean also has down syndrome.

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 3:30 AM on September 9, 2010

Thanks, Hannah — this is great insight. You’re totally right!

Amanda

Posted at 9:54 PM on September 8, 2010

Dude, Chord Overstreet looks nothing like Justin Bieber.