OH NO! Lady Gaga's Former Tour Manager Says She Has An Eating Disorder!

Sat, September 4, 2010 11:15am EST by 22 Comments

080910_ampics_103277038

David Ciemny claims that Gaga was hospitalized six times in 2009 because she starved herself to fit into her skintight costumes!

Lady Gaga is an icon who’s ever move is followed and copied – but we hope that little girls aren’t aping her desire to be thin! The pop star’s former tour manager, David Ciemny, claims that she has a severe eating disorder that placed her in the hospital SIX TIMES last year!

“When I say she was sick, I mean physically and mentally,” David says in his new tell-all book Poker Face: The Rise and Rise of Lady Gaga. He describes being on tour with Gaga as a sick experience, saying she binged on sweets and other unhealthy foods and then would stop eating for weeks on end to fit into her body-baring stage costumes. He even claims that the 24-year-old singer once lost 20 pounds between dress fittings! Crazy – but is it true?

Unfortunately, it just might be. “It’s all about starvation! Pop stars don’t eat,” she told US Weekly back in 2009. During her interview with Cosmopolitan magazine in 2010, the singer ordered only dressingless salad and riceless sushi. Yuck.

We’re very concerned for both Gaga and the message she’s sending to her “little monsters” if David’s story is true! Aren’t you?

Russ Weakland

J

Posted at 10:08 AM on September 8, 2010

“Skinny people and Eat to Live Food choices…”

Evens here. Eating disorders and assumptions and everyone gets screwed over. Learn to think for your self and question all assumptions people.

Robyn

Posted at 1:21 PM on September 7, 2010

This girl has several dis orders. I’m sure her eating habits are just one of many.

nicebags

Posted at 10:34 AM on September 7, 2010

Good morning, dear friends. Recently I found “n-i-c-e-g-r-a-d-e-b-a-g-s”
“s-i-t-e” there are many new fa-shion, the popular
“l-u-x-u-r-y b-a-g-s” Oh, go look will give you a few surprises

kityglitr

Posted at 4:36 PM on September 6, 2010

FYI, riceless sushi is called sashimi. There’s nothing strange about it.

Yousaf M. Shaikh

Posted at 1:51 PM on September 6, 2010

I don’t know what’s worst….this fluff-based article or the idiot teenager wannabe who posted the article. It’s called spell check; look into.

Lady Gaga

Posted at 10:55 AM on September 6, 2010

I am too fat. I need to lose a hundred pounds. That should take me more than a month!

Deanna

Posted at 10:25 AM on September 6, 2010

Unbelievable. This guy is clearly lookin for his 15 minutes of fame, pathetic. He’s desperately trying to profit off of Lady GaGa. I don’t know if any of this is true, there’s no way I could. I doubt it, but I don’t know for sure and I won’t pretend that I do.

Ciemny obviously wants attention, that’s for sure. “…but we hope that little girls aren’t aping her desire to be thin.” Ok, we don’t know if this is true, so what in the HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Who’s the moron that wrote this? What, you take everything you hear and read as fact? “During her interview with Cosmopolitan magazine in 2010, the singer ordered only dressingless salad and riceless sushi. Yuck.”

Yuck? I could say the same to you. You’re an embarassment. Please stop pretending to be concerned with GaGa’s health. WHAT message is she sending??? Once again, you’ve taken what you’ve heard and automatically labeled it as true. Sad.

seriously

Posted at 5:58 AM on September 6, 2010

are you kidding me?

lady gaga doesn’t have an eating disorder… she has a brain disorder.

you people should get a real role model. preferably someone from this planet.

Tim

Posted at 3:38 AM on September 6, 2010

She hss no A**, then again thats what the white boys like.

Deanna

Posted at 10:27 AM on September 6, 2010

How relevant, you seem like a very intelligent person.

Rhatik Darkio

Posted at 9:55 PM on September 5, 2010

i bet her manager was a faty with no discipline america is in a epidemic of lazy fat people with no discipline
get up and be active damn it

mm

Posted at 1:32 PM on September 6, 2010

To Rhatik: Once again…how is eating sweets for a week than not eating anything at all “discipline”? -.-”

mm

Posted at 6:49 PM on September 5, 2010

To everyone defending GaGa’s theoretical behavior:

So…eating sweets and then not eating for weaks is healthy?

If you ask me, I think being overweight is far better than being overly skinny…and this is coming from someone who is VERY thin. You shouldn’t HAVE to stop eating to look skinny–that’s the point of being healthy, dumbasses. You should be able to eat enough to maintain your physical health, as well as love yourself enough to be happy with your image.

I like Lady GaGa, and consider myself a huge fan of hers…but are you psychos serious? Are you going to defend GaGa’s self-destructive behavior? It’s one thing to say this man is lying–which I believe he is–but to claim that she indulges in such behavior and it’s FINE, going so far as to say it’s “self-discipline”?

Bunch of goddamn retards…wait, no. That’s offensive. Those who suffer from mental retardation have enough sense not to starve theirselves to look “healthy.” -.-”

aimee

Posted at 6:13 PM on September 5, 2010

this is so dumb. lady gaga is an icon. of course she has to be thin. have you seen how many americans are obese? lady gaga looks healthy to me. she is disciplined in how she eats and it shows. if anything she is a role model to her fans, especially the fat ones.

anti-fat

Posted at 5:55 PM on September 5, 2010

Americans are too fat. Gaga shouldn’t be criticized for inspiring her fans to have some discipline about what they eat and how much they eat. A teacher friend of mine told me that she could never be thin because there are donuts in the faculty lounge and lots of potluck lunches. I said “Just don’t eat it!” and she had this blank look on her face like it had never occurred to her that she didn’t have to consume everything that was put in front of her. Discipline, people!

Brian

Posted at 5:35 PM on September 5, 2010

Why do us skinny people always get told we have a DISORDER?
Just cause we can stop eating for a bit to look the way we wish, “GREAT AND THIN” is no reason to say we are sick!
I am 49 years old and still am the same weight I was when I was 18, I do at times not eat much, and my fat friends say I have a disorder,, BUT, my doctor says I am very healthy! I look great!

TonyKC

Posted at 10:15 AM on September 6, 2010

Let me guess Brian. You are a flamer, right? You keep your weight in check with HIV?

kityglitr

Posted at 4:38 PM on September 6, 2010

Frankly, when a person (as stated in the article, which is probably very untrue) binges on fattening and unhealthy foods then turns around and starves themselves for weeks at a time, that is most certainly disordered eating. However, if you are just watching what you eat and exercising regularly, that is NOT disordered eating. Huge valley between the two, no?

Patrick

Posted at 4:35 PM on September 5, 2010

There’s a reason he’s her EX-tour manager.

Denise

Posted at 4:18 PM on September 5, 2010

If she truly had an eating disorder she would just look skinny and the girl has a very very toned body! You cannot achieve a toned and lean body if your anorexic! I don’t believe this rumor!

mimi tholsted

Posted at 12:30 PM on September 4, 2010

Eating disorder, is that whats she has? UPS! sorry!

Katherine

Posted at 8:57 AM on September 4, 2010

it could be true considering how much weight she drastically dropped from The Fame to The Fame Monster.
She used to be a healthy, somewhat curvy girl and she dropped to a stick thin figure quite fast.