Kate Gosselin Vs. Lea Michele…Who Wins The Award For Biggest Emmy Night Diva?

Mon, August 30, 2010 2:43pm EDT by 25 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

One was nominated and one was just there, but BOTH women get a thumbs down for their rude ‘tudes last night!

Both Lea Michele and Kate Gosselin certainly looked fabulous at the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards in LA last night, but we can’t say the same for their attitudes — both gals acted too cool for school!

Sure, Lea Michele was nominated for Outstanding Leading Actress in a Comedy for her role as Glee’s ultimate diva, Rachel Berry, but we are very unhappy to report that she acts pretty similar in real life, too.

“Oh my god, I totally need bodyguards. Ugh!” we heard the brunette beauty –- who turned 24 on Emmy day complain to boyfriend Theo Stockman as she left the Governor’s Ball August 29. Lea also ignored the crowd gathered outside the Emmys who sang “Happy Birthday” to her on the red carpet. Rude!

Kate, on the other hand, thinks she’s a massive star and I was shocked at her diva-like behavior! Although she wasn’t nominated for anything, hanging with stars like Jon Hamm and Tina Fey has clearly gone to her head – when the reality star waltzed down the red carpet her handler barked, “She doesn’t have time!” in response to pleas for interviews.

I only had one question for her anyway: why was she even at the Emmys?

Who do YOU think wins the award for Biggest Diva of the Emmys: Kate Gosselin or Lea Michele?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

1. Emmy Afterparty Photos! Check Out the Best Dressed!
  1. EMMY PARTIES! Get The Scoop From The Nights Best Afterparties!
  2. LIVE AT THE EMMYS RED CARPET! HollywoodLife’s Kirstin Benson Gets SNUBBED By Kate Gosselin!
  3. EMMY BEAUTY! Get Lea Michele’s Gorgeous Hair & Makeup Look!

guest

Posted at 10:23 PM on September 1, 2010

I like her on Glee. I hope its not all going to her head.

nate

Posted at 1:52 PM on September 1, 2010

My personal experience with miss Lea Michele was great, I was at a coffee shop and she arrived there, my friend that is a fan of the show, asked for a picture. She was sweet took the picture, talk about the show and about a movie that she watched on that day. Seriously a sweetheart, super polite and warm person. So I don’t believe the diva rummors about her.
I even started to watch Glee because of Lea.

susieq

Posted at 2:12 PM on September 1, 2010

That’s so cool!

nate

Posted at 3:09 PM on September 1, 2010

Yeah she talked with us, she is really funny by the way, took pictures with us and then she went away with a friend. She was amazing.

Tamara

Posted at 11:45 AM on August 31, 2010

I think it’s great that Lea’s fans are here to support her, but it’s not a secret that shes become more and more impressed with herself by HER actions. I don’t agree that people are looking for excuses to put her down. We all love reading positive things about celebrities and how cool they are, etc. It’s always disappointing to find out someone you admire isn’t as nice as you would have hoped. And to the poster who said “rumors are not news”…Lea acted this way at the Emmys and it was witnessed by Kirstin and the other reporters in attendance – it wasn’t hearsay.

C.B.

Posted at 2:26 AM on August 31, 2010

People get reputations from facts, they don’t come from nowhere. She obviously is a Diva bitch because I have been hearing these stories about her for years. It’s easy to act nice to the media and cameras. Not many people get this rep… so I am sorry unless you were at the Governors Ball do not comment, because those who were there reported this and heard her comments.

Anna

Posted at 10:39 PM on August 30, 2010

Lea Michele is a sweetheart… and people is just looking for excuses to put her down!
your try to put down this lady is lame… rumours are not news

ashley

Posted at 7:58 PM on August 30, 2010

What the hell is wrong with you? Lea Michele is one of the sweetest people I’ve ever seen. I’m sure if she had the time, she would’ve thanked each and every person that sang happy birthday to her. Not every celeb can stand there and write autographs and listen to people for however long though and this was the Emmys.

And who the hell cares about Kate? If anyone is being a diva, its you with your nonsense trash talk, trying to stir up drama where no drama was even found.

Leigh

Posted at 10:04 PM on August 30, 2010

Ashley,I hate to say it but Lea was very cold and rude when I approached her at the Emmy ball last night to ADMIRE her and her work. She has lost my admiration through her own actions and although I will continue to watch the show, Glee, I will no longer be excited to see her in any capacity. Those who achieve fame through their efforts need to remember that their FANS are the ones who put them there.

hannah

Posted at 7:49 PM on August 30, 2010

Ugh, it seems that gossip sites are desperate to call out Lea’s ‘diva’ behavior. Every single piece of footage/video/picture shows Lea being a total sweetheart all night. Add to the fact that whenever people meet her, she’s always so nice and friendly.

Every single time a rumor about her diva comes up, it’s from some anonymous person with no proof and yet, there’s a ton of evidence showing that Lea is NOT a ‘diva’ but still her diva reputation remains.

It’s a shame that people feel the need to bring others down, especially people who are so genuine and lovely, and says a lot about hollywood and society in general in that people love to bring down the confident, strong women because those traits are resented in women but celebrated in men.

Leelou

Posted at 5:14 PM on August 30, 2010

Ok, I didnt watch the emmy’s cause frankly I just dont care. I DO like to watch what everyone is wearing though. Ok, so I was going through media sites looking for all the pics of the dresses and why oh why is it that almost EVERY single site I look at has this baby popping Gossling woman on it front and center?? I was just kinda like “ok, why is she even there and why are people still caring about her?”. Personally I am just one of those people that is not amazed when a woman gives birth to a litter due to invitro. Its happens more then people know but not all these people are given a show. I have no interest in watching a family raise all those kids. If I wanted to see that I could just look out my window or go to walmart. I dont see why people are rewarded with shows for having kids. I dont care how many. Thats just me. Anyway, I didnt think anyone liked her and istn she kinda a b*tch? Of all these talented people and of all those so beautifully dressed, WHY THE HELL is she front and center?? I must be out of it cause I so dont get it. lol

jab

Posted at 1:47 PM on August 30, 2010

I think it was hilarious that Kate was in the opening number – she did/does have a TV show and was on DWTS so why shouldn’t she be at the Emmy’s? Kim Kardashian was there and no one questions that….

huh?

Posted at 4:52 PM on August 30, 2010

Kim K. has way more going on than Kate Gosselin. Gimme a break you troll.

shnookie

Posted at 11:45 PM on September 4, 2010

Because she and KArdashian are NO TALENT LOSERS!!!!!!

jen

Posted at 12:12 PM on August 30, 2010

I think if you’re a a part of a 7 billion revenue then you deserve a bodyguard! If not, then you’re still dispensable. LOL! Kirstin knew what I’m talking about.

momoftwogirls

Posted at 11:43 AM on August 30, 2010

First: even if Kate didn’t have time to do interviews because she was in the opening, WHY WAS SHE IN THE OPENING? this is supposed to be a celebration for the best of television. why would they invite the platonic ideal of trashy reality television?

Second: Lea Michelle is seems like a sweet enough girl, but she should really appreciate the fans, especially ones who are nice enough to try to serenade her on her birthday.

debora

Posted at 11:33 AM on August 30, 2010

It is like the rummors they are creating about fights at the glee set, if she was not liked by the cast why they would hang out with her all the time, or have matching tatoos with her (jenna and kevin).

debora

Posted at 11:31 AM on August 30, 2010

I agree with your opinion about the trash hate gossip, about Lea Michele they call her a diva, but I never watch or saw her be one. I went to her play years ago (SPRING AWAKENING, she was amazing by the way) and she was nice at the stage door.

patrice

Posted at 2:24 AM on September 1, 2010

I’m sure she was nice YEARS ago. She’s not nice now. Too many people are witnessing her being a diva. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

anna

Posted at 11:05 AM on August 30, 2010

Hey I read this too, the photographer even said that she is a doll. I think what cause cliks is the hate gossip, trashing people, so they just go for it. I saw her on the Glee tour and she was nice and fun with us that was waiting at the stage door.

gaby

Posted at 10:57 AM on August 30, 2010

I saw the photographer’s twitter too, she said she was sorry about a joke and he said that she had nothing to be sorry about because he knew who she was and that she was joking. And is also true that I didn’t see the gossip sites that pick on her showing the photographer twitter.

rochelli

Posted at 10:39 AM on August 30, 2010

that is a lie, I think she is a easy target and the midia pick on her, were she said that? who saw it? they never have proves, that story about a photographer in New York the photographer said it was a lie on his twitter, but guess what any gossip site published his Twitter.

Ziggy

Posted at 10:38 AM on August 30, 2010

You stilly twit – Kate was in the opening – as if she could be late just to give an interview with some lame one nones ever heard of?
Seems to me you’re the one with the ‘tude.

erika

Posted at 10:35 AM on August 30, 2010

I don’t believe this, I met her a while ago and she was super nice, talked with everyone and was polite.

dayana

Posted at 10:33 AM on August 30, 2010

It is funny that is always a rummor, someone listened and told to someone, never real facts. She was sweet in all aparences and intreviews last night and that have videos, photos and real people to prove.