LAURA SAYS: Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth Were Never Going To Work As A Couple — Here's Why!

Fri, August 27, 2010 4:23pm EDT by 7 Comments

I’ve seen Miley & Liam interact firsthand, and I predicted back in March that these two young stars were NOT MFEO!

For all of you that thought Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth would last, sorry — but I’m a realist, and I knew these two had nothing more binding than a mutual attraction!

That’s right, from the very first time The Last Song co-stars stepped out as a couple — on March 7 at Elton John‘s Oscar party, to be exact — they seemed as different as chalk and cheese. Miley, 17, was the life of the party. She ran around the room like a little monkey, making friends and chatting to everyone, including Nicole Richie and her fiancé, Joel Madden. She shook her booty to Grace Jones like she was performing a raunchy striptease, hinting at the sexy “Can’t Be Tamed” Miley she was about to become this year.

But Liam, 20, just seemed awkward at the star-studded event. Not to say this is a bad thing — I’m much more on board with Liam’s party behavior (light mingling, drinking, chatting with friends) than Miley’s over-the-top  center-of-attention style. When she tried to get him to dance, he refrained, looking embarrassed to be in the spotlight.

The Hannah Montana starlet even tried to engage in some PDA with her then-BF, hugging and cuddling up to him. He only seemed immune, only reciprocating her affection when she literally sat on his lap and forced him to kiss her. How normal is THAT for a strapping, young hormone-ridden boy?

Now that Liam has announced the couple’s split, Miley has moved on to someone even less compatible — her already attached co-star Douglas Booth. Liam has also reportedly found someone new — an older surfer chick named Katy. My next prediction: nothing is going to come of either of these new crushes, either.

Back in March I asked the question, “How long can these two make their love last?” — and it appears I’ve got my answer: precisely one year.

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Warren

Posted at 2:18 PM on August 28, 2010

Miley is so hot and beautiful. I’d love a fun girl like her. She wouldn’t have to do anything to make me want to kiss her. If Miley was close enough to my lips, she’d be kissed!

Tiff

Posted at 12:41 PM on August 28, 2010

Confidence is great, but Miley is over the top. It’s a turn off and I’m not a big fan. I do love her song The Climb, but it ends there. Way to full of herself.

testington

Posted at 11:40 AM on August 28, 2010

I feel dumber for having read this garbage.

The reason they didn’t “work out” is that they were never a couple in the first place, it was a publicity stunt to promote their stupid movie nobody went to see. Just like Jennifer Anniston and a number of her “boyfriends” They “start dating” while the movie is being filmed and deny it to build a buzz, then officially come out as a couple when the film premiers so they can promote it. Then when nobody cares anymore they suddenly publicly announce their breakup the same week the film is released on DVD. It is the EXACT same game plan that gets used over and over.

Selinah

Posted at 6:29 PM on September 1, 2010

Agreed. Miley and Douglas are next.

Brooke

Posted at 10:29 PM on August 27, 2010

I didn’t think it would work out because adults dating kids who want to be adults never works out. Saying they aren’t compatible because they have too different party styles, though, is ridiculous. My boyfriend of nearly three years now is my exact opposite, and while I might be out and about chatting up everyone at a party, my boyfriend tends to keep himself and a beer in a quiet corner somewhere, listening to someone’s story or chuckling at my antics. Opposites attract!

….personally, I don’t think Miley will hook up long-term with anyone for another ten years or so. She looks like she’s going down the Lohan/Hilton/Kardashian route where her infamy, and not any remote sign of talent, is what keeps her in the public eye. Train wrecks only work with other train wrecks, but nothing lasts forever with them.

ally

Posted at 5:39 PM on August 27, 2010

wow you sound like such a stalker, remembering everything they did last march. Creepy!!

fail

Posted at 5:03 PM on August 27, 2010

why are you all up in this girls business omg