Angelina Jolie Says She Makes Lunch For Her 6 Kids. Do You Believe Her?

Thu, August 19, 2010 11:47am EST by 14 Comments

The Salt star has said in the past that she can’t cook, so how come she’s claiming that she preps meals for her family?

Here’s an image that I find hard to imagine. Angelina Jolie standing in the kitchen in an apron, her six kids around her as she makes them lunch. Even when I squint my eyes, I just can’t see it. Yet the Salt star told British TV show GMTV this week that it’s just what she does. Although, you’d better not try to ask for any special orders, Maddox!

“The problem with my packed lunches is everybody is very, very outspoken about what they want, so it becomes … I often say, ‘I’m not a waitress!’ ” the 35-year-old says.

But based on Angelina’s track record in the kitchen, I don’t think she’s whipping up anything more than some apple slices and PB&J sandwiches. After all, this is the woman who said a couple of years ago, “I don’t cook – it’s the one thing I can’t do!” Even her partner, Brad Pitt, doesn’t think much of Angelina’s culinary skills. When interviewed by his celebrity chef pal, Jamie Oliver, Brad said the best thing Angelina had ever made for him was “cereal.”

So if it comes out of a box, it’s OK. But boiling an egg seems to be out of the question. “I’ll say to Brad I’d like to make us some eggs,” Angie told the Washington Post, “and he says don’t.”

Oh dear. So Betty Crocker she’s not. Maybe it’s one of the pitfalls of pretending to be someone else for a living, but Angelina seems to, uh, be fond of bending the truth when it comes to parenting her brood.

So she says she makes lunch, but she can’t cook. But that’s not the only thing that has my BS detector going ding ding ding. In almost every pic we see of Brad and Angie and the kids, they have a slew of minders and nannies surrounding them, yet Angelina makes out that she and Brad are the ones who tuck their kids into bed and says, “We don’t ever have anybody spend the night.” Yeah, right.

Something else that doesn’t quite ring true? Like a lot of celeb couples (hello, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes) Brad and Angie claim that they organize their schedules so that only one of them is working at a time. Sounds like a good idea, so why is Brad currently in L.A. shooting Moneyball, while Angelina is in Europe promoting Salt?

Sure, all parents know that schedule conflicts are inevitable, but Angelina, I’d believe a lot more of what comes out of your mouth if you were totally open and honest. So, why don’t you come out and admit that you really hated that straggly beard of Brad’s and did a little happy dance when he shaved it off; or tell us the truth about being a parent to six kids under the age of 10 (and tell an interviewer that sometimes all you really want to do is put on some noise-canceling headphone and pour yourself a stiff drink). Come on, Angie, you know it’s true.

–Kathy Campbell

KaliGurl

Posted at 7:51 PM on August 21, 2010

Yeah she makes sandwiches for them once a month!

Alexis

Posted at 2:04 AM on August 20, 2010

So she’s changed then? She has said before she is useless in the kitchen. I don’t know whether to believe her or not….

scarla

Posted at 6:49 PM on August 19, 2010

I must have missed something cause I thought making P&J sandwiches and sliced apples was a proper meal for kids and close enough to be called COOKING. Perhaps Rachel Ray should be called in as an expert opinion. Would Kraft Mac and Cheese be close enough for you gourmands??????????

Alissa

Posted at 2:33 PM on August 19, 2010

This is just more of Jolie’s phony-baloney image management.

She would have us believe that she and her life are perfect in every way; perhaps she even entertains the delusion herself.

I, for one, am sick and tired of her nonsense and deception.

louise77

Posted at 2:33 PM on August 19, 2010

Angelina’s kids is packing lunch for kids under 10 years old. Why on Earth would she make something more sophisticated than a sandwich for a bag lunch or even a home lunch? Angelina said they go to school and are tutored. There are photographs of the kids going to school. They’ve always said they have nannies and when they are in public I see 2 or 3 bodyguards. Considering you don’t know these people it’s ridiculous to say they have overnight nannies or they never put their kids to sleep. When have they ever worked on a movie at the same time? Never. Evertime they talk about not working at the same time it’s always been in reference to making movies. Besides 3-5 days apart is not a huge deal when other celebrities spend 3-5 weeks and months apart. They do their hardest to not spend time apart but that’s not always possible. Hate Angelina all you want (love how Brad is always ignored) but be realistic and stop making up or assuming things.

kngslady

Posted at 7:21 PM on August 19, 2010

Right On…

Hehe

Posted at 2:22 PM on August 19, 2010

It’s about time someone pointed out how she lies in every interview. She should try taping her interviews so she can see what she says in each one, that way she won’t continue to contradict herself at every turn. The woman is so pathetic with all her lies.

barb

Posted at 2:16 PM on August 19, 2010

By the way, what does she pack lunches for? I thought they were home schooled? She talked about the home schooling them in the VF interview. “We have two teachers who travel with us” and “They go to school every day 10 to 4 at home.”
Then in the Parade Magazine she says Brad takes the kids to school. She can’t keep her lies straight.

Oh, she also said in Parade “There’s never a period when Brad and I are pulled apart. We are not separated for more than three days, ever. We stay really connected.”
Gee, wasn’t it more than 3 days when she was recently in Asia promoting Salt and now again with the European promos. This woman needs to STOP THE LIES!

barb

Posted at 1:01 PM on August 19, 2010

Finally, someone in the media not drinking the kool-aid that Jolie hands out. I don’t believe she makes lunch for them but fibbing about that is not the end of the world. But I’m glad you pointed out the hypocrisy of her CONSTANTLY saying they don’t work at the same time when it’s clear they do. Yet the media buys into this and just reprints what she’s says or provides the video of her saying it.

pkz

Posted at 12:57 PM on August 19, 2010

making a sandwich isn’t cooking neither is cutting carrots so yes its perfectly believable that she is a bad cook but makes lunch boxes for her kids give this woman a break aren’t their real scandals out there for you to investigate this website has nothing better to do than attack people for the most mundane reasons.

Michelle

Posted at 12:03 PM on August 19, 2010

Kathy… get a life. no one cares what you believe or what you
think about anything. I keep getting sucked in hoping for a nice story and all the trolls here can do is act like petty little 10 yr olds.

Stormyboo

Posted at 12:00 PM on August 19, 2010

Maybe she meant to say that she had made lunch for them, once

okieborn

Posted at 1:13 PM on August 19, 2010

I think that this lady is vicious and the adoption of all the children was to have Pitt wrapped up legally.

barb

Posted at 1:58 PM on August 19, 2010

I don’t think he ever adopted them. Just a legal name change. But hey, that’s a completely separate topic.