Hilary had her “dream wedding come true” when she tied the knot with her hockey player beau Mike Comrie last Saturday, and now she’s telling all about her big day!
The 22-year-old actress finally got her “dream wedding“, saying her vows in front of 100 guests including sister Haylie Duff Aug. 14 at the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, Calif. “It feels wonderful [to be married],” Hilary gushed to OK! magazine. “If hasn’t fully sunk in yet!”
But even though Hilary’s wedding to her 29-year-old hockey player beau seemed to be be fairytale perfect, the day DID start out with one minor setback. “I started my day with a chipped tooth,” Hilary confessed. “My wedding planner snuck me out to the dentist! Thank goodness it was fixed within an hour.”
After the tiny snag, Hilary was finally ready to settle down with the man of her dreams. “I married the best person I know,” Hilary said of her new hubby. “I feel so lucky for that, and for him and his family and his love, generosity and friendship. Mike feels like home!” AWW!
HollywoodLife.com wishes Hilary and Mike the best of luck in their bright new future as husband and wife!
Check out all the details of Hilary’s big day here!
- Vera Wang personally designed Hilary’s wedding dress! “I feel like a princess wearing it,” Hilary said. “I really wanted something that was deconstructed, not perfect and prim and proper.”
- She said ‘I Do’ in the great outdoors! “We want it to look rustic,” Hilary said. ” We want an organic feel — soft colors, nothing too bright and shocking — very classic. We wanted it to just take your breath away.”
- The flowers were uber romantic. “There were a ton of flowers,” Hilary described. “I love regalias; they’re white with a teeny bit of pink. I’m not a pink girl, so there wasn’t much pink anywhere, but lots of roses. We [also] used a lot of magnolia leaves [because] magnolias aren’t in season.”
- Something blue: “Blue underwear.” Something borrowed: Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry. Something old: “My great-grandmother’s cameo, which I wore on the inside of my dress.”
- The nosh: “Mike and I have a favorite restaurant, Giorgio Baldi [in Santa Monica, CA], so they modeled this delicious truffled corn ravioli from there,” said Hilary. They also served: pigs in a blanket, Wagyu beef sliders with Gruyère cheese, miso-glazed black cod, jalapeno pineapple martinis, molten chocolate cake and profiterole ice cream sandwiches with hot fudge dipping sauce.
- The cake – pure white and sweet as heck for a bride! “It’s a white cake,” Hilary said. “It has butter-cream frosting. The cake is more buttery, and the frosting is a little sweeter. It has all these fresh flowers all over it!”
- The vows – inspiration from the Internet: “We didn’t write our own vows word for word,” Hilary said. “I researched on the Internet for three days! I read [about] other people’s ceremonies, picking and choosing what I liked. We chose a few poems and a ring blessing. I really feel like it’s our own.”
- Bridezilla WHO? Hilary worked with Mindy Weiss, who also planned Eva Longoria Parker and Gwen Stefani‘s weddings.
- Hilary’s mother, Susan Duff, walked her down the aisle while big sis Haylie Duff, 25, served as maid of honor.
- Interesting song choice, Hil: The wedding party walked to these two songs: “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles and “Pure Imagination” from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
- Table linens were shaped like magnolia leaves. Hilary is originally from Texas.