FINALLY! Miley Cyrus Returns To Her 'Hannah Montana' Roots With The New Song 'I'm Still Good!'

Tue, August 17, 2010 2:17pm EST by 9 Comments
Loading video...

Do you miss the old Miley who wore a blond wig, sang cheesy pop songs and didn’t try to be sexy or do you like her sexy Can’t Be Tamed persona better?

Now this is a sight we haven’t seen in quite some time! Miley Cyrus has been busily trying to shed all vestiges of her dorky Hannah Montana persona, but had to release her latest single, “I’m Still Good”, because she’s still under contract with Disney. Regardless, we’re not ashamed to admit that we’ve missed this innocent, young Miley.  Have you?

In the video for her new song, the 17-year-old starlet bounces around singing to her tween fans, who don’t seem to mind how badly she’s lip syncing. She’s still wearing the blond Hannah Montana wig she’s joked about burning, she’s dancing like a jack rabbit and she isn’t showing a sliver of skin. Refreshing!

That’s a big difference from the defiant Can’t Be Tamed Miley we’ve seen recently. You know the girl – she pole dances, wears her bra out in public and got a tattoo on her breast. She’s actively trying to be bad. Check out the title track off her new album, Can’t Be Tamed, here and you’ll see what we mean!

Loading video...

Both girls seem like characters to us, but we prefer the pure Ms. Montana, mostly because she looks like a girl we’d want to hang out with – not someone we’d meet at a strip club. Who do YOU prefer?

Laura Schreffler

JaJo

Posted at 6:47 AM on August 19, 2010

The Hannah songs might’ve been cheesy, but they were actually quite catchy and the best music around for that age group at the time. Now that she’s maturing she seems to lack the same creative energy, though she remains an awesome performer. You gotta give her credit for stage presence. She’s very young and still transitioning, so I think it’s just a matter of time before her creative spark reemerges. In fact, of all the musicians out there I believe Miley has the greatest potential. If she can do in the adult world what she did in the tween world, then we are seeing the early stages of one of the greatest musicians/performers of all time.

NICK

Posted at 4:09 AM on August 19, 2010

OK MILEY CYRUS IS HANNAH MONTANA WITHA WIG !! YOUR TALKING LIKE THEY ARE 2 PORSONS TOTATLLY DIFERENT AND I DONT CARE IF MILEY IS NOW DIFERENT I JSUT LVOE HER A TRUE FAN LIKE DOES

mimimi

Posted at 9:21 AM on August 18, 2010

Miley Cyrus has the right to express her sexuality and dress and dance however she pleases. She’s a young adult, not a little girl. There’s nothing wrong with showing skin. I definitely prefer the edgy, defiant Can’t Be Tamed Miley over the virginal, innocent girl that so many people want her to be. Are most Hollywood stars conservative and innocent? Are most teens and young adults conservative and innocent? Of course not. It’s fake. I’m tired of people trying to force virginal innocence on young women. Go Miley!

Warren

Posted at 10:22 PM on August 17, 2010

I always thought Hannah was pretty hot too! I have Hannah fantasies! Miley is one sexy, beautiful woman no matter what she is wearing. I love a lot of the old Hannah/Miley songs and I love the new stuff too. I love her voice even when she is just talking. Miley seems like so much fun and I’d marry her in a New York second!

mel

Posted at 7:02 PM on August 17, 2010

its hard to look at her in the blonde wig anymore becasue it just doesnt fit… she is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better off just being miley . now im still a fan of hannah but i prefer miley… and stop saying that this is the new miley and this is the old one. its still the same sweet girl but in a grown up way. love her sooooooooooo much :)

mifosmiley

Posted at 5:55 PM on August 17, 2010

i’m a 16 year old boy from morocco and i’ve been a fan for two years now and i support her whatever she does !! she’s my idol and she will be for a very long time!

medgine

Posted at 4:52 PM on August 17, 2010

i love what ever she does hannah miley its all good but cant be tamed is alot more real than anything she has done she knows what to do to last in this industry disney is a good start but it can only keep you on top for so long after that the rest is up to the the stars

Stan

Posted at 3:35 PM on August 17, 2010

I don’t think the new Miley si someone I would meet at a strip club. She seem like most of the 17 year olds around, and someone that most mature people would love to hang with. Juding by the votes at the time of this posting, so does almost everyone else.

Jess

Posted at 2:31 PM on August 17, 2010

Woah 50/50 on this poll, of course i voted for cant be tamed! :)
I don’t like the new miley saying she isnt new she hasnt changed she is just doing what she feels is right. Miley gets better and better everytime i see her. i love her!

She is has been my idol for 6 years and will be for a lot longer! :)