Christina Ricci Wears The Same Top Eight Years Later!

Fri, August 13, 2010 3:07pm EDT by 7 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Can you believe the she held on to the shirt for so long?

I have a hard time parting with certain items of clothing — whether I love the way they fit or there’s sentimental value behind the object, I can’t just clear out my closet after every season. If you’re the same way, you’re not alone! Christina Ricci may be able to scoop up a slew of brand new designer get-ups each season, but that doesn’t stop her from holding on to certain pieces she really likes, like the top she wore to the Blackberry Torch Launch Party on Aug. 11. The silk sleeveless blouse looked perfectly put together tucked into her black skirt — but that isn’t the first time she turned up in that top!

For the 17th annual IFP/West Independent Spirit Awards in Mar. 2002, the star first debuted the patterned shirt on the red carpet paired with super low white slacks, revealing her stomach. Who knew the star still had that shirt in the back of her closet? I definitely like her updated look much better, but what do you think?

-Katrina Mitzeliotis

max komsky

Posted at 3:45 PM on March 2, 2014

Superb blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers?

I’m planning too start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused ..

Any ideas? Bless you!

Sherry

Posted at 11:36 AM on August 20, 2010

Katrina – I think you have too much time on your hands if you don’t have anything better to do than to dig around in the archives looking for that first photo. Did you wave it around and yell, “A-Ha! I knew it!”?

Leesee

Posted at 11:50 PM on August 16, 2010

You constantly amaze me with the petty, shallow articles. If it’s not Angie & Jen being copycats, you rag on someone wearing the same top years apart. Who cares. Seriously… should she throw them out after one wearing???

I bet if you caught her shopping, you would say what a spendthrift she is. Get over it.

nene

Posted at 3:19 AM on August 15, 2010

so what she looks fantastic!!!

msfaye

Posted at 4:48 PM on August 13, 2010

i have clothes i have worn for years considering the cost of them (clothes) i will continue to wear them until they are unwearable. glad to see she is a star who doesn’t have a problem with wearing something twice like the rest of them. (and i can see why) where do they store those once worn clothes? but she may have a problem with it now, trying to figure out how you managed to dig up a picture of her from 8 years ago. she probably didn’t think someone would hunt around and find a picture of it years later. geez.

Sugar

Posted at 4:05 PM on August 13, 2010

The top is super cute! Good for her that it still fits after 8 years. Most of these stars are that rich once they pay all their agents etc and they don’t ALL get free clothes as promotions from designers. Maybe more celebrities should start recycling clothing to cut down on waste in this world.

gbtw

Posted at 3:42 PM on August 13, 2010

just like leftovers, much better the second time around! she looks fantastic…