Rosie O'Donnell Says: If Shiloh Wants To Be A Boy, Let Shiloh Be A Boy!

Mon, August 9, 2010 9:50am EST by 8 Comments
Getty Images, Ramey

Getty Images, Ramey

Rosie is A-OK with Shiloh wearing boys’ swimming trunks! Are YOU?

A recent photo of 4-year-old Shiloh Jolie-Pitt wearing boys swim trunks while swimming with her siblings in Berkley, Calif., sparked a frenzy of opinions on whether Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt‘s first biological daughter ought to be dressing like the opposite sex. The latest person to weigh in on Shiloh’s tomboyish ways is Rosie’ O’Donnell, who when asked on her blog “Do U think Shiloh Pitt should be allowed to wear boy’s swimming trunks in public pool?” gave an emphatic “yes.”

Shiloh doesn’t seem to care what people, celeb or otherwise, have to say about her outfits. As mom Angelina told Vanity Fair last month, Shiloh “wants to be a boy. So we had to cut her hair. She likes to wear boys everything. She thinks she’s one of the brothers.”

Maybe sis Zahara opts for frilly dresses, but Shiloh seems to want to stick to her boyish style and dress like dad Brad Pitt, and mom Angelina isn’t interested in forcing her to do anything she doesn’t want to do. “It’s not my choice.,” Angelina told Grazia. “I have a very strong-willed four-year-old girl, who tells me what she wants to wear and I let her be who she is. I think people think kids should be a certain way, but I feel they should wear what they feel like wearing and they should express themselves. Shiloh cried one night and said, ‘Please cut my hair off. I don’t want to have long hair.’ I’m not going to leave it long because somebody thinks I should.”

dforeman

Posted at 11:09 AM on August 23, 2010

What ever happened to just being a tomboy?

Rangdrol

Posted at 5:50 PM on August 14, 2010

If Shiloh, at 4, knows what she wants, isn’t that enligthening? Most kids at that age are just still growing and allowing the people around them to shape, even force their worlds. Her parents are right on, and because of it, there daughter, should she turn out to be transgendered, will be healthier, and happier because of the decisions her parents took on her behalf. Wouldn’t the world be a lot happier if all parents were so selfless when it came to their children?

CP

Posted at 2:09 PM on August 11, 2010

I think it’s to let Shiloh wear what she wants & have short hair if she wants. If she’s wearing boys swim trunks, is she wearing a top? Let her wear the trunks, but she needs to wear a t-shirt or other top.

mimi tholsted

Posted at 12:17 PM on August 9, 2010

It is not easy …..what to do?….let the child feel what she feels like….I think that is the best way….you should not change anything!…I think Angie and Brat are doing the right thing…….

Vet

Posted at 11:05 AM on August 9, 2010

I just feel sorry for the child having to live with a filthy fat pig! This bag-of-trash rosie (or, FatpigFace)should be banned from destroying a child’s life!rosie is a worthless pile of dog-$hit! Not funny whatsoever, no talent whatsoever, and ugly as a hogs @ss. Dirty filthy scumbag, just like Donald said…

Rangdrol

Posted at 5:53 PM on August 14, 2010

You have some self esteem issues. First of all Shiloh is not Rosie’s daughter, but your bigotry is evidently shaving away at your bobble-headed brain. Not only are you insulting Rosie, but you are insulting every single American man and woman who has struggled with a weight issue. Maybe you would be happier in a place like Iran, where they would most likely drop a big stone on you, just to shut you up.

gypsarella

Posted at 12:10 PM on August 20, 2010

Thank You, Rangdrol! Saved me the trouble.

haowhat

Posted at 11:01 AM on August 9, 2010

********”OMG””Fashion what you want it? Outstanding you want it? I can help
you with the most expensive luxury bag site in
******”“N i c e “G r a d e” B a g s”,*****. What is also hesitant to hurry to see”