EXCLUSIVE! Selena Gomez Tells Us She Hates Being Called A Good Girl!

Sun, August 8, 2010 10:01pm EST by 37 Comments
Loading video...

Selena definitely doesn’t like being typecast as the wholesome girl-next-door! Read on to find out why, BFFs!

You better not call Selena Gomez a good girl to her face – she tells us she’s totally over projecting an innocent image!

“The funny thing is, I really don’t like it when people say I’m wholesome. I don’t like that at all!” the 18-year-old actress told HollywoodLife.com at the Teen Choice Awards August 8. “I never said I was that and I never tried to portray it. I’m honestly doing what I feel like I’m doing…and I’d just like to figure out who I am,” she said.

In fact, the Disney starlet would like to model herself after more mature role models and be considered more adult! ” I look up to people my family loves. [My inspirations] are Rachel McAdams and Sandra Bullock,” she confided. “They’re very strong women in the acting world and really real people and I love them.”

As for her future plans, she told us, “We’re developing something for my production company that I’m really excited about and right now I’m focusing on Wizards [of Waverly Place] and hopefully it’s not coming to an end – but you never know.”

Her short-term goals are a lot simpler. “I just want to be happy,” she said. “More than anything I hope to be part of a great project with great people.”

Laura Schreffler & Kirstin Benson

david conway

Posted at 4:31 AM on September 2, 2011

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to and to miss selena gomez her self , is that i love to see selena gomez just in the motion picture in the nude and her nakes as well , love david b conway

nini

Posted at 4:38 AM on June 26, 2011

first of all selena gomez it a person not a robot she not going to do everything perfect 2nd she has done some good thing she was in the friend for change okay she helped alot and she can be a bad girl yes she can but she want to be a normla person she dont want to be called a good girl cause not everyone a good person they all a little bad in them im not saying she bad what im trying to say is selena gomez is a girl that alot of ppl love she is nice she funny and is beauitful she happy for who she is & she love herself & some people love her as will like me i love selena ggomez she is great so and she love all her fams because her true fams love her for who she is & who she becomes

loved nini.c

also know as vere
i messed up my first one will by

vere

Posted at 4:28 AM on June 26, 2011

i read some comment & she does love her self & she a girl that izs who she is the cant say wht she is cause we dont know her she herself if she messed up will she not perfect & if she hate being a good girl then let the bad girl out who cares she herself & se want to happy & want us tto be happy 4 her & our self selena gomez is a great singer & actress

Brad

Posted at 4:51 PM on March 15, 2011

Wow. There are a lot of very, very dumb comments here. All these people that have nothing to do but spread hate, really need to get a life.

david conway

Posted at 7:13 PM on February 13, 2011

ear hollywood web site , hi my name is david conway, and my comments to the disney star off selena marie gomez , i just love to more new death threats just on selena marie gomez she doesnt love her self , just end her live now pepole help me , and we ca,nt can also hate her as well , love david b conway,

david b conway

Posted at 3:50 AM on November 25, 2010

dear hollywood life web site, hi my name is david b conway, and my comments to selena gomez only i do,nt what no fans just from the tv series just to read this ok and one to read this web it,s only just beatween me and selena gomez please , i was at my locial food store i just read that in the magazine just about the hurtful comment about your race it,s looks like it,s starting it again selena gomez , and it,s not about your old image is it selena , and the reason why i know im leaving with my headacape , i was born with the down syndrume retradation headacape and part of the special oylmpics kids i know what it feels to be called bad names and to be tessed at lot , why do you think a have to drop out of high school selena gomez it,s the turth it did happend to me selena , i use to do put my self just by stoping pepole just to say a bad things just about me i just ca,nt stop putting my self out at night , you tell me selena gomez yes our no to that talk im going to ask to discard my old post as well i just what selena gomez just to read this please , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 11:53 PM on November 24, 2010

dear hollywood web site , hi my name is david b conway, and comments to selena gomez i what to say straint to her just on this hoilday and of thanksgiving and to xams is coming just if i was thankful for this hoilday just wish selena gomez just drop dead one day , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 3:21 PM on November 21, 2010

dear holly wood, web site, hi my name is david b conway, and my comments to selena gomez i do,nt have to read this web site , im not going to respect just to selena gomez at all, and why bother to do the last season 4 just when she doesnt love that old tv series image , dumb question, and how about the little kids that loves that old tv series image stubit selena gomez , i did check under the tv series episodes and they do.nt have any counts yet how many new episodes it will get for season 4 yet selena gomez stubit, the pepole that made that tv series of wizards of waverly place tv show they did not say yet just about the tv series finale episode yet selena gomez i just think that selena gomez should shunt up right now it,s almost xmas and next year and why do you think that walt disney production company whats to stop production company just if you have a problem selena gomez they might what to go over season 4 soon selena gomez , shunt up , they might do seaon 5 selena gomez just without you , , and please send this to selena marie gomez just for me please just because of the series was cancell right after november 5, walt disney company is still waiting to here just about season 5 still selena , david b conway

lmgurl92

Posted at 11:27 PM on August 10, 2010

I know exactly what she means. She never did anything that would portray her to be tight casted as a good kid. She’s only called a goodie two shoes because she doesn’t do anything bad… but she also doesn’t do anything too overly goo either. I guess everyone in Hollywood are sooo bad all the time that the ones who are grounded are concitered good…

Madison

Posted at 2:04 PM on August 10, 2010

ALL OF YOU PEOPLE CALLING HER THINGS ARE JUST HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOURSELVES….I MEAN IF YOU HAVE TO INSULT SOMEONE IT MEANS YOU NEED TO LEARN WHO YOU ARE AND GET SOME BETTER ROLE MODELS

Toni Jackson

Posted at 12:30 PM on August 10, 2010

She is a a fake ass, anorexic PRUDE!

Toni Jackson

Posted at 12:28 PM on August 10, 2010

She is a straight up PRUDE! i would never want to hang out with her. She probably carries her bible with her everywhere she goes.

Paula

Posted at 8:15 AM on August 10, 2010

What’s wrong with just trying to be “happy”?

FAIL

Posted at 8:08 AM on August 10, 2010

You are such a fake Selena

ris

Posted at 8:07 AM on August 10, 2010

She is such a complainer “she hates being called skinny” now “she hates her wholesome image” does she hate who she is..I seriously can’t stand her anymore.

Jennyfer

Posted at 7:38 PM on August 9, 2010

I think was she meant was that she’s just being herself and doesn’t want to be labeled as ‘wholesome’. She’s just a down to earth caring cutie.

It’s like in Hollywood if you have a soul & morals suddenly you’re labeled as ‘wholesome’.

Genesis

Posted at 7:37 PM on August 9, 2010

I hope her breakout adult role will be as some kick ass takes no crap from anyone female character in a Tarantino film or something xD Also, her influences are AWESOME :)

Mel

Posted at 7:34 PM on August 9, 2010

She should embrace the wholesome image. Being not many of these Disney skanks maintain it for long. She’s gorgeous, and could have an actual career ahead of her if she makes the right choices. Please don’t do a 180 just to break the wholesome image. She’s fine the way she is.

Darlenis

Posted at 7:31 PM on August 9, 2010

Oh honey, it could be much, much worse. I’d rather be called wholesome than being called slutty, trashy, etc.

Vet

Posted at 11:07 AM on August 9, 2010

Well, let’s call her what she is: “A worthless pig face slut!”

Patricia

Posted at 2:19 AM on August 10, 2010

thats what u r!!

jadelady

Posted at 7:50 AM on August 10, 2010

she’s a kid… what kind of perverted sicko calls a kid ‘a worthless pig face slut’? When exactly did you meet her and spend any time getting to know her or are you just mad because your mommy wants you to move out of her basement?

Bianca

Posted at 8:48 AM on August 9, 2010

She acts phony. i dont hate her but she thinks she like amazing or something

Darlenis

Posted at 7:31 PM on August 9, 2010

You think she thinks? :|

Diandra

Posted at 1:48 AM on August 9, 2010

I love Selena, but she gives off a wholesome image so of course she’s going to be called wholesome, and if she doesn’t like it then maybe she shouldn’t try so hard to portray that image. Then again, maybe she is just being herself. Thing is she knows how to make mistakes without it being exposed to the world.

Lena

Posted at 1:46 AM on August 9, 2010

that’s probably just who she is. she can’t help it. she also probably doesn’t like the weight that comes with being the ~good girl. She’s going to do something wrong publicly sooner or later.

Gabbie

Posted at 12:38 AM on August 9, 2010

she’s sucha fake.

D

Posted at 12:01 AM on August 9, 2010

I think she is kinda responding to people saying she fakes being wholesome more than being wholesome.
I love her sfm. Reminds me of why I stan for her <3