EXCLUSIVE! Selena Gomez Tells Us She Hates Being Called A Good Girl!

Sun, August 8, 2010 10:01pm EDT by 37 Comments
Loading video...

Selena definitely doesn’t like being typecast as the wholesome girl-next-door! Read on to find out why, BFFs!

You better not call Selena Gomez a good girl to her face – she tells us she’s totally over projecting an innocent image!

“The funny thing is, I really don’t like it when people say I’m wholesome. I don’t like that at all!” the 18-year-old actress told HollywoodLife.com at the Teen Choice Awards August 8. “I never said I was that and I never tried to portray it. I’m honestly doing what I feel like I’m doing…and I’d just like to figure out who I am,” she said.

In fact, the Disney starlet would like to model herself after more mature role models and be considered more adult! ” I look up to people my family loves. [My inspirations] are Rachel McAdams and Sandra Bullock,” she confided. “They’re very strong women in the acting world and really real people and I love them.”

As for her future plans, she told us, “We’re developing something for my production company that I’m really excited about and right now I’m focusing on Wizards [of Waverly Place] and hopefully it’s not coming to an end – but you never know.”

Her short-term goals are a lot simpler. “I just want to be happy,” she said. “More than anything I hope to be part of a great project with great people.”

Laura Schreffler & Kirstin Benson

overcoming stretch marks

Posted at 2:47 AM on April 9, 2013

We are searching for tips on the way to boost the volume of responses by myself blog, exactly how would you flourish in doing this?

Verenice

Posted at 10:36 PM on April 8, 2013

Selena gomez is a. Very nice girl even Though I don’t. Why. People call. Her. Bad. Miley. Cyrus IS bad.

Rhea Malik

Posted at 11:34 PM on September 28, 2012

Well of course your not happy with yourself. But Selena is fine

david b conway

Posted at 12:37 AM on May 21, 2012

JUST WITH ME IM NOT SO HAPPY WITH SELENA GOMEZ , MY SELF , LOVE DAVID CONWAY

david b conway

Posted at 12:29 AM on May 21, 2012

selena gomez is so fake to me just because of her just likes to be a show off and putting on a act that she loves her fan,s and love to be a role model , just when she admits that she,s not so prefect role model , love david conway

Rhea Malik

Posted at 11:32 PM on September 28, 2012

You guys shut your mouths your bullying how would u feel if ur a celebrity and people are bad mouthing you. You would feel terrible. She is my friend how dare you speak this cruel language. God is watching you and will punish you. She is sweet and is a very nice girl. She doesn’t do anything bad .

amy

Posted at 11:05 AM on December 2, 2011

she’s doesn’t like it when people call her the good girl because if she ever does something wrong, she would get lots of hate for it and her fans would be let down that’s why she doesn’t like it. she’s still a great role model but it’s important that she grows up and explores new things

Jojo

Posted at 9:33 PM on November 12, 2012

well all I have to say is I love selena yaa

Jojo

Posted at 9:39 PM on November 12, 2012

Oh also rhea dont be telling people that god will punshish them all u have to say is why u love selena u know u are taking like they are alaways talking bad. If they say something rude let them but all they know is they sould be a shame of there selfs