Willow Smith Wears Her Craziest Outfit Yet! Skulls, Crucifixes and Lace-Up Pants on a 9-Year-Old?

Sat, August 7, 2010 6:47pm EDT by 13 Comments

The stylish daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith makes yet another fashion statement while on the red carpet in Japan. But is it too much for a kid who’s not even into double-digits?

Another movie premiere, another chance for Willow Smith to knock our socks off with a new and bold fashion choice. The 9-year-old with a style all her own showed up at the Japanese premiere of big brother Jaden’s smash hit The Karate Kid with a sleeveless studded denim jacket covered in skulls, a crucifix necklace and black lace-up pants that had pink peeking through.

The little fashionista has become known for her unique sense of style, something HollywoodLife discussed with her stylist, Mariel Haenn. “Willow really has her own sense of style. She’s extremely versatile,” she told us exclusively. “She’s a rock star, and she likes everything to have a rock ‘n’ roll feel to it. An edginess.”

But do you think it’s a little too edgy for a 9-year-old to be wearing skulls, studs and pants that lace all the way up her leg?

SAB

Posted at 12:32 PM on January 11, 2012

So, what age then makes it morally ok to wear a rosary as a fashion statement?

DeAnn.C.

Posted at 9:34 PM on November 11, 2010

Willow if u do read this then your my idol and I lov your outfits.”I whip my hair”video is so cool I listen to it at least 20 times a day, you rock.

DeAnn.C.

Posted at 9:32 PM on November 11, 2010

Willow if u do read this then your my idol qand I lov your outfits.I whip my hair video is so cool I listen to it at leat 20 times a day you rock.

Luann

Posted at 12:50 PM on August 10, 2010

What’s the big deal? it’s not as thought she’s showing an excessive amount of skin or anything. She looks cute and she’s covered like a 9 yr old should be.

Mark

Posted at 11:06 AM on August 10, 2010

I want a pair of those pants!!! If anyone knows where to get them please tell me.

jhouio

Posted at 5:57 AM on August 8, 2010

OMG,$99,Designer luxury bags,search ” MyDiscountBag ” on google,get Louis Vuitton,Hermes,Chanel etc.All 80% off,and free wallet promotion is now.

Tracie L.

Posted at 5:52 AM on August 8, 2010

KIRSTEN DUNST just died of an overdose!

papa

Posted at 11:31 AM on August 16, 2010

YEA , MORE AIR FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!

v8slap

Posted at 11:23 PM on August 7, 2010

I think it’s tastefully done. You make it sound like she’s wear lace up pants and nothing else.. meanwhile she’s wearing leggins underneath. Go Willow!

Cassandra

Posted at 9:58 PM on August 7, 2010

WAIT GUYS! lets freak out about someone not dressing age-appropriate again! (thats all hollywoodlife does, right??)

orolarenan

Posted at 9:56 PM on August 7, 2010

this is amazing fashion style.

Alexis

Posted at 8:36 PM on August 7, 2010

No big deal. She isn’t wearing makeup and I see no short skirts or any Lady Gaga type clothing. Skulls are no big deal. We all have one after all right there above our neck.

Milania

Posted at 8:32 PM on August 7, 2010

Well, she comes from a wealthy, show business family and has the means to wear different clothes. I kind of like seeing what she’s going to wear next. It’s their family, their deal.