Julia Roberts isn’t the only star who refuses to get plastic surgery, BFFs! Salma Hayek, Kate Winslet and Tina Fey are just a few of Hollywood’s biggest advocates of aging gracefully!
If you think Hollywood is totally the Botox capital of the world, think again! There are a ton of celebrities who are actually anti-plastic surgery and happy to show they’ve gotten older.
Elle‘s September cover girl Julia Roberts says she’s anti-Botox because she wants her children to be able to tell when she’s happy or sad – and she isn’t alone in the great plastic surgery debate. Salma Hayek also revealed that she’d never get Botox. “I think it’s terrible these girls in their late 20s injecting their faces and lips … one told me, ‘If I kill my muscles now, I’ll never get wrinkles. ‘Can you imagine?” she said in InStyle magazine.
CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE STARS WHO WILL NEVER GET BOTOX AND FIND OUT WHY THEY WON’T!
- Salma Hayek: “I think it’s terrible these girls in their late 20s injecting their faces and lips … one told me, ‘If I kill my muscles now, I’ll never get wrinkles. ‘Can you imagine?”
- Meryl Streep: “To each his own. I really understand the chagrin that accompanies ageing, especially for a woman, but I think people look funny when they freeze their faces. In Los Angeles there’s a lot of that. I pick up on the part that doesn’t move on a face. I’m immediately drawn to it and that is the opposite of what you’re intending. You pull focus to the area that’s been worked on.”
- Rachel Weisz: “Acting is all about expression; why would you want to iron out a frown?”
- Susan Sarandon: “You can see I haven’t had Botox or these lines wouldn’t be here, but when you do that it becomes very mask like and that frightens me. I have an advantage if I’m the only one that actually looks 60, then I’ll get all those parts because there won’t be any actresses that look 60 around.”
- Drew Barrymore: “F— surgery!” says Barrymore. “I’m so curious as to what’s going to happen naturally that I can’t imagine wanting to alter things just yet. And to all those women putting botulism in their faces – we don’t know what the long-term effects are, so stop! I’d rather look like a basset hound than do that to my face!”
- Tina Fey: “You can point any kind of laser at my face, but I don’t think Botox is for me. I think it is bad. People who have too much, they look like their faces are full of candles — a shiny, shiny face.”
- Kate Winslet: “I have wrinkles here, which are very evident. And I will particularly say when I look at movie posters. ‘You guys have airbrushed my forehead. Please can you change it back?’ I’d rather be the woman they’re saying ‘She’s looking older’ about than ‘ She’s looking stoned.’”