We’ve got all the details you need to know about Ali’s new man Roberto!
On the Aug. 2 season finale of The Bachelorette, 26-year-old Roberto Martinez got down on one knee and proposed to 25-year-old Ali Fedotowsky! “Share your life with me … Ali Fedotowsky, will you marry me?” Roberto asked in Bora Bora where the final episode was filmed. Without hesitation, Ali said “yes” and jumped into his arms. But now the question is … who is Roberto?
Here are all the details you need to know about Ali’s new fiancé Roberto:
- Roberto is 26 years old.
- Hometown is Tampa, Fla.
- He was working and living in Charleston, S.C., as an insurance agent before going on The Bachelorette.
- Played Division II Baseball for the University of Tampa Spartans in 2002 and 2003.
- Graduated from the University of Tampa in 2005 with a major in International Business.
- In the summer of 2002, just after Ali graduated from Mount Greylock Regional High School in Williamstown, Ma., Roberto was just one town away pitching for the baseball team North Adams Steeple-Cats.
- Roberto possibly knew Ali prior to going on the show, while he was playing baseball. “They definitely would have moved in the same social circles,” one of Justin’s teammates told Us Weekly. “He always talked about girl who looked like Ali [who cheered for him at his games.] It’s hard to mistake her face.”
- He is moving to San Diego, Calif., to live with Ali and start his own business. “We got a place, an apartment we rented in San Diego,” Ali told Bachelorette host Chris Harrison on After The Final Rose. “Roberto’s already living there and we have to get my stuff down there. Roberto’s already set up his business there.”
- He received the “first impression” rose from Ali on the first episode.
- He’s engaged to be married to Ali. “I knew the first time I held you in my arms I wanted to do that for the rest of my life,” Roberto told Ali prior to proposing to her on the season finale of The Bachelorette.
— Lindsey DiMattina