Steven Tyler Should NOT Be A Judge On ‘American Idol’ — Elton & Jessica Would Be So Much Better!

Mon, August 2, 2010 8:03pm EDT by 5 Comments

Sure, Steven has been in the industry forever, but his presence is NOT going to boost ratings, Fox!

When  Steven Tyler confirmed he was to be the newest judge on American Idol at a recent concert, I was beyond disappointed. Beyond his cool cat persona, what can he really offer America?

Don’t get me wrong, I like his band, Aerosmith. “Dream On” is one of my favorite songs. However, I don’t find Steven appealing in the slightest, especially when there are so many better options.

Personally, I think Jessica Simpson is an inspired choice. Yeah, she’s a ditz – “chicken of the sea” and all that. But if producers are really attempting to find replacements, we need a Paula Abdul. We need a personal champion who’s good to look at, knows the industry, and will say stupid things for entertainment value.

Yes, I know I’m going to take flak for championing someone with airhead tendencies. So sue me – I like her, I think she’d be an asset.

Although Jennifer Lopez hasn’t confirmed she’s taken the job yet, I consider her to be a lock for Kara DioGuardi‘s recently vacated seat. She’s definitely not going to be filling Simon Cowell‘s shoes – she simply isn’t mean enough! That position should be taken by my main man, Elton John.

Seriously, think about this. He’s British (like Simon), he’s a diva (again, like Simon), he’s mouthy (check) and he’s still relevant after more than 30 years in the industry. Let’s not forget, Elton has absolutely stellar taste in music – he’s always on top of new artists way before they become stars (Lady Gaga and the Scissor Sisters are among those he latched on to in early days).

Go team E!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Squiddy

Posted at 5:30 PM on August 3, 2010

Laura you are so wrong! Steven Tyler is an excellent choice for a judge! He has a great personality, great talent and he tells it like it is! I don’t even watch AI but, with Steven Tyler on board I will be watching this time around-finally someone I can relate to. As for Elton John, he has a diva attitude and he only seems to help those who are homosexual, and as for Jessica Simpson, she isn’t bright heck she doesn’t even know what she is saying most of the time and that dumb blonde routine is getting very old, top that off with her having no talent and she would be a disaster. I am all for Steven Tyler!!!!

louise77

Posted at 6:19 AM on August 3, 2010

Elton was never in contention. He didn’t want to do it because it takes up so much time. Bret Michaels must be in shock. He was constantly begging and bragging that he had the job.

cristi

Posted at 10:14 PM on August 2, 2010

Think Gene Simmons would be great.Elton would be good to.Jessica like her but not so much for a judge.

Ty_C

Posted at 9:18 PM on August 2, 2010

You know, after reading that article I find myself in complete disagreement. I grew up listening to country music, but even I know that Steven Tyler and Aerosmith are THE BAND. Other than Abdul and possibly Elton John, none of the contestants know music like Tyler does..and isn’t that what the show is about? The music?

scarla

Posted at 8:58 PM on August 2, 2010

“Dream On”…. Steven Tyler is soooooooooooooo wrong for American Idol…couldn’t agree more.
**************Elton + Jessica + Randy*********************
And NO MORE Justin Bieber wannabee teen contestants !!!!