Lea Michele’s makeup artist tells you how to get her super pretty, golden summer look!
Something about wearing a heavy eye or lip in summer just seems a little off. If you’re looking for a makeup look that’s still sexy yet seasonally appropriate, look no further than Lea Michele’s ridiculously pretty golden makeup she wore to the Glee Academy Event in Los Angeles on July 27. “We decided to go for a very light summer makeup look,” says celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis, Lea’s go-to beauty pro. “It was very romantic,” Melanie says of the look that only took her twenty minutes to achieve.
- “I started with the eyebrows,” Melanie says. “I always start with brows to frame the face.” She lightly filled in Lea’s arches and groomed them into place.
- To give Lea’s face a satin finish, she used a cream-based foundation and a bit of concealer.
- For her eyes, “I use a brown kohl pencil. I rarely use black because I think it’s too harsh,” Melanie says. She used CoverGirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Brown Blaze. “They have a really good texture and they blend really easily,” she says. She lined all along the upper lash line, very close to her lashes and along the outer half of her lower lashes as well.
- Then, “I use a gold cream eye shadow on the eyelid, blending it with the liner,” she says. Melanie used Shiseido The Makeup Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow in H1 Goldlights. “For a more summery look, I like things with a shimmer, it gives depth and it’s easy to blend,” she says.
- The secret to Lea’s bright-eyed look: “I always use a light gold highlighter in the inside of her eyes to open them up,” Melanie says. “I use that same color on the brow bone very lightly as well.”
- “Then, I take a dark brown golden powder just on the outer corner of her eye to smoke it up a little bit but not much,” Melanie says. “Blend inward on the crease just to give some definition. Bring the darker color underneath as well.”
- To finish off Lea’s eyes, Melanie curled her lashes. “She has long lashes,” Melanie says. No fake lashes here! She then applied two coats of mascara on Lea’s top lashes and one coat on her bottom set.
- “For her cheeks, I did a peach color on the apple of the cheek so when she smiles that color goes on the apple,” Melanie says. “That makes it a summer look. That peach makes it always fresh, young and girly.” She used Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Dolline. “It’s the best peachy blusher you can ever find. It fits really everybody!” Melanie says.
- “On her lip I chose a light gold orange. I used the gold-flecked Chanel Glossimer in Seashell lightly to give a little bit of depth,” Melanie says. “I wanted a softness to the look altogether.”