Preparation is clearly underway for Chelsea’s big day! New details on what’s going down!
Airplane pilots beware: The Federal Aviation Administration has placed a ban on flights around Astor Courts, where Chelsea’s wedding will take place, reports CBS News. Planes are forbidden to fly below 2,000 ft and the ban goes into effect at 3:00 p.m. on Sat and lasts until 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
As we previously reported, the whole wedding will cost about $3 million. Celebrity guests in attendance will include Oprah as well as heads of state and titans of industry. Unfortunately, mother of the bride Hillary Clinton did not invite her boss President Barack Obama!
“I was not invited to the wedding,” President Obama said on a pre-taped segment of ABC’s The View on July 29, “because I think Hillary and Bill, properly, want to keep this thing for Chelsea and her soon-to-be husband [Marc Mezvinsky].” Plus, “you don’t want two presidents at one wedding! All the secret service, guests going through (metal detectors), all the gifts being torn apart …” the Prez joked.
– The wedding planner is Bryan Rafanelli of Boston. Jeff Leatham, artistic director of the Four Seasons George V hotel in Paris, is doing the flowers. Jimmy Vali, president of Vali Entertainment in Norwood, N.J., is coordinating the music.
– Security at Saturday’s wedding on the grounds of Astor Courts, a private, French-style mansion overlooking the Hudson could cost $200,000 because of all the high-level politicians and global celebrities.
– Place settings cost $100 a person.
– Invitations cost $150 a person.
– A hand-painted runner down the aisle.
– $6,000 a table setting for food and drink from multiple vendors.
– $600,000 for air-conditioned tents.