President Obama & Michelle Say They Weren't Invited to Chelsea's Wedding — Is That Rude? PLUS What Does The Prez Think About Snooki?!

Wed, July 28, 2010 9:30pm EDT by 23 Comments

Hillary: What a booboo not to invite the Boss to your daughter’s July 31 nuptials!

How’s this for a shocker? Secretary of State Hillary Clinton didn’t invite her boss - who’s the President of the United States, for crying out loud – to daughter Chelsea‘s July 31 wedding! Isn’t that just the height of rudeness?

“I was not invited to the wedding,” President Barack Obama says in a pre-taped segment on ABC’s The View July 29, “because I think Hillary and Bill, properly, want to keep this thing for Chelsea and her soon-to-be husband [Marc Mezvinsky].”

Although our Prez joked about the lack of an invitation, saying, “You don’t want two presidents at one wedding! All the secret service, guests going through (metal detectors), all the gifts being torn apart”, we’re still baffled at how Hillary and former President hubby Bill, failed to invite Obama and his family to the $3 million affair in Rhinebeck, NY.

Several wedding etiquette websites like The Knot say that inviting your boss to the big day is a nice gesture but not necessary. “First of all, keep in mind that you’re never required to invite anyone. It is a nice gesture to invite your respective bosses, especially if you have good relationships with them. And there is always the chance that he won’t come, especially if he doesn’t know you guys very well personally and it’s a large, impersonal office,” the website says.

But if you’re the Secretary of State and your boss (Obama) hand-picked you, well…

We’re going with Bonnie Fuller on this one.  HollywoodLife.com’s Editor-in-Chief says, “That’s rude, poor etiquette and shocking!”

At least Barack didn’t look too upset about the snub in the rest of his appearance on The View! He stayed cool as the women asked him some tough, hard-hitting questions and other not-so-serious ones.

“I don’t know who Snooki is,” the President confessed in response to one question about the Jersey Shore. When the women asked him about the Mel Gibson scandal, he replied honestly, “I haven’t seen a Mel Gibson film in many years.” And, perhaps most shockingly (or not), the President revealed, “I do not have Justin Bieber on my iPod, but he’s a very nice young man.”

All joking aside, we’re glad the President answered all questions honestly and openly, but we’re definitely not forgetting about how the Clintons slighted the President!

What do YOU think about it, BFFs?

Laura Schreffler

icq hack

Posted at 1:04 PM on May 20, 2012

Whats up very cool website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?I’m satisfied to find numerous useful information right here in the publish, we’d like develop more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

chuck

Posted at 10:27 PM on August 1, 2010

People are really sick now days give the man a chance and most of all we are all the same the Clinton’s not inviting him to the wedding was rude but come on let it go the wedding is over

Jen

Posted at 3:31 PM on August 3, 2010

I gave the man a chance when I volunteered for his Senate campaign. I quit after witnessing too many fraudulent actions during voter registration. Yet, I still believed he was the lesser of two evils, so I held my nose and voted for him in ’04. He did absolutely nothing but sell books and run for President. I am a Chicagoan and have been fed up with our dirty politics for a long time. The fact that so many of you fail to recognize the sleaze within this administration just goes to prove that it is you, the Obamabots, that are sick in the head. We are not all the same, some of us are awake while most of you are asleep. WAKE UP!

Cag

Posted at 2:24 PM on August 1, 2010

Why would President Obama be invited to Chelsea’s wedding? They are not friends. It is not the parents of the bride and grooms place to decide who is invited and who isn’t. That is the decision of the bride and groom. I wouldn’t invite my parents bosses so why should Chelsea?

Bede(venice,Italy)

Posted at 12:51 PM on August 1, 2010

I think it was proper for the clintons to invite the Us president to their only daughters wedding.His presence there would have implied the representation of the American people.This issue of security is uncalled for,The American security is equal to the the task.Too bad indeed.

Freewhat2

Posted at 11:51 AM on August 1, 2010

People are Really Confused and Twisted..THIS IS CHELSEA’S WEDDING..It Has NOTHING To Do With Politics.. This Is A Young Woman’s Special Day PERIOD!!..All this Gossip about the President Is The Reason Why I’m Sure She(CHELSEA)Didn’t Invite the Obama’s and I Don’t Blame Her…Look Chelsea’s Wedding, Chelsea’s INVITATIONS. HELLO!!

Linda

Posted at 10:54 PM on July 31, 2010

Frankly who cares, the President has more important things then to attend chelsea clinton’s wedding. Clinton really doesn’t care that much for President Obama anyways which I think he has a lot of nerves with the things he did while in the white house so he can get off of his high horse. I voted for Clinton when he ran for President and he truly disappointment me.

Jen

Posted at 11:05 AM on July 30, 2010

I don’t see why Chelsea Clinton would invite Obama nor do I think that his daughters would invite Clinton if the roles were reversed. When it comes to family, I believe in loyalty and respect. If someone made a slew of degrading comments against my mother and father, I would not invite them to my wedding either.

I suppose vacuous cheerleaders can dismiss the Obamas’ hatred of the Clintons and Jewish people. I cannot. Why wouldn’t the bride yell “Foul!” and refuse to invite her mother’s tyrannical boss. Why would the groom disrespect family members and friends by inviting the clearly anti-Semitic Obamas?

Why are so many of you “liberals” so quick to judge? I don’t understand the new Democratic Party’s hatred against women, Jews, and white Americans. Furthermore, I don’t understand this movement of hate against the upper LOWER classes. I don’t understand why so many of you hate America.

Can you explain what caused you to feel this way? Do you realize your bigotry? Do you realize your racism? Will you ever be able to look in the mirror and not hate yourself because you’re white or because your parents worked hard to make sure you had a better life than they did?

Do you need to hate the middle/working classes and turn all of America into a welfare state to make you feel less ashamed that you didn’t grow up in a ghetto?

All this hatred, misogyny, bigotry, and racism because a generation of parents refused to spank their spoiled children. So many of you need to take a look around your glass house. Correct your own intolerance before you try to enforce teachable moments on everyone else.

Since apparently many of you only care about appearances, I suppose this matters: I am an American and I happen to be ethnically mixed –Black, Hispanic, Native American, and White. Like many of America’s founders, I am a Deist. However, my relatives are religiously diverse –Christians, Jews, Witnesses, Catholics, Atheists and Wiccans.

I am “educated” working class, my parents were “uneducated” working class, my extended family includes members from across the spectrum of rich and poor, “educated” and “uneducated.” We have independents, libertarians, democrats, and republicans among us.

In my immediate family, we do not discriminate. People earn the opinions we have about them. We don’t just strap on a dangerous label and hand over our support.

chuck

Posted at 10:24 PM on August 1, 2010

you are sick in the head

SHUgirl2011

Posted at 3:25 PM on July 29, 2010

I honestly always thought it was proper to invite your boss to an event like this, especially what’s going to be the wedding of the century. Though Obama did speak out saying he wasn’t invited, I do understand where the Clintons are coming from in that they want to keep this event all about Chelsea! And why shouldn’t it be, it is HER wedding day!

mehh

Posted at 2:24 PM on July 29, 2010

i thought president obama responded well to the question of whether he was invited or not. i don’t think he meant it in a bad way, he was just explaining the truth, which makes sense. maybe the clinton’s should have invited him just as a nice gesture, but in the end it’s the bride and groom’s choice and they probably just didn’t want the hassle.

SurrealTime

Posted at 11:28 AM on July 29, 2010

The excuses they are all giving for Obama not being invited are all hilarious and an obvious smokescreen. Security will already be on high alert, and be supported by multiple agencies. This will be an event attended by a ex-president and numerous government officials. The FAA have already set up a no flight area around the complex, that means expensive air support.

The truth of the matter is that the Clintons do not like the Obamas. And all this will become crystal clear in another year when Hillary resigns her position and states that she will run against Barack for the Democratic nomination.

galey

Posted at 3:08 PM on July 29, 2010

Couldn’t agree with you more surrealtime – that is exactly my opinion as well………

sandi

Posted at 3:20 AM on July 29, 2010

i think she should have invited obama, it’s a nice gesture. this doesn’t mean that he has to come.

Milania

Posted at 12:42 AM on July 29, 2010

Of course the Obama’s should not have been invited. That would mean security would have to be increased to ridiculous levels. Men walking around with ear pieces scouring the crowd….NICE ambiance to add to a wedding..!!! Also, the President would take away attention from the bride. So no, the President should absolutely not go to the wedding. Chelsea’s dad will be enough of a distraction.

le

Posted at 12:39 AM on July 29, 2010

This is Chelseas wedding and she may not even know Obama. Just because her mother does and works with him doesn’t mean she knows him well, plus the focus would be on Obama and more secret serveice, etc, etc. This is her day and should go smooth. I think the Obamas understand they would be a nice distraction, but still a distraction and I don’t think Chealse is the type who invites people to show off. Didn’t she say that all guests are people she grew up knowing and I don’t think she’s known Obama long. Dpn’t make the girl feel bad Obama. He should have not said anything. I think he’s the one being rude by putting her on the spot and I bet that if she did invite him that he would not have attended. This isn’t Hillarys wedding, it the daughter. I doudt Al Gore was invited or Roberts or others her mother knows well, but not her. I hope she has a lovely private, elegant wedding…Best wishes to them both…

Donna

Posted at 1:16 AM on July 29, 2010

Totally agree with you. This is the Bride and Groom’s day, and the President would totally take away from their day and the extra security costs that you would end up paying for are no way needed here, the Obama’s are not friends of the couple, they have no business being at this wedding. It has been stated over and over that anyone at this wedding will be personally known to the couple, not just parents friends, so the President, I feel, should not have opened his mouth. If asked, simply say it is a family occasion and should remain that, and leave it at that.

Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster

Posted at 10:06 PM on July 28, 2010

Yeah..Dosvidaniya.. Tovarishiii….
We all know American Women are RUDE…UNHAPPY…FEMINISTS… he he… I told ya.. So if “failed @ presidency..wanna be Feminist HILLARY CLINTON…
All RACIST women I know were VOTING for her..that is when I thought O.M.G. even if obama is black 7 I’m not.. better than RACIST American Women like “Hill For President”

gbtw

Posted at 9:58 PM on July 28, 2010

you guys reported 9 days ago that the white house press secretary announced that the prez would be unable to attend… why would he announce he couldn’t attend if he wasn’t invited? more likely, she discussed it with him and he said no, so they didn’t bother inviting him.

delia

Posted at 9:53 PM on July 28, 2010

I think it would have been a nice gesture to envite them, but not a necessity. After all it is Chelsea’s wedding, and maybe they preferred to envite friends and relatives.

What I do think is a shame though is to pay that much for a wedding in the first place.

scarla

Posted at 9:50 PM on July 28, 2010

I think the president issued a paparazzi decoy….wouldn’t be at all surprised for the Obamas to be in attendance.

gbtw

Posted at 10:00 PM on July 28, 2010

interesting thought… maybe.

tamm

Posted at 9:34 PM on July 28, 2010

they can invite who they want.