Want A Victoria’s Secret Beach Body? The Angels Reveal Their Diet & Exercise Secrets for You!

Sat, July 24, 2010 3:15pm EDT by 60 Comments

Supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr and Candice Swanepoel reveal their diet and workout secrets!

Dying to look like a Victoria’s Secret Angel but have no idea where to start? Supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr and Candice Swanepoel dished their step-by-step diet and exercise plan at the 15th anniversary Swim Catalogue party at Brent Bolthouse‘s new LA club, Trousdale, March 25. And believe it or not — it’s not as hard as we thought!

We were positive it took hours of intense cardio and strength training in the gym to get one of the hottest bodies in the world, but these ladies actually use a simpler approach.

“I love waking up; I box; I do a lot of resistance…three or four times a week,” Candice, the 21-year-old model from South Africa dished. Alessandra prefers a slower-paced workout. “I’ve been trying pilates now, and I think it’s amazing,” the 28-year-old Brazilian said. “I love yoga,” Miranda, 26, said, agreeing with Alessandra. “I’ve been practicing it now for about 10 years and I love it!”

Yoga and pilates? Sounds reasonable to us! And shockingly enough, Alessandra, Miranda and Candice all eat like normal humans, too. The key, they say, is moderation. Here are their diet diaries:

Miranda:
“For breakfast — yogurt with blueberries, raspberries, apple, lemon after that. Sometimes some wheat-free toast with avocado on top. And then for lunch — some salad, vegetables, grilled fish, steamed vegetables. Almonds or almond butter.”

Alessandra:
“I like to wake up and have eggs benedict with a cappacino and orange juice. And then for lunch, I’ll have rice, beans and chicken or meat. And salad because I love salad. At nighttime I would have like Japanese food, like sushi, or some Japanese barbeque. And I love chips. Salt and vinegar – ah! I’ll go into the airport and buy like three bags of them. And I can’t help myself!”

Candice:
“I love a good breakfast. I love croissants. Eggs, bacon. I love vegetables, I like omelets. Raisins.”

And, like all of us, even models have guilty pleasures!

“Chocolate fondue is my favorite thing in the world,” Alessandra confessed. “[Mine] is probably chocolate lindt balls,” Miranda admitted. “Brazilian bread!” Candice said with the same excitement we reserve for McDonald’s fries.

It makes us happy to know even the hottest girls indulge every now and then! What do YOU think of Alessandra, Miranda and Candice’s healthy diet and exercise plans? Are you surprised? Sound off below!

–Kirstin Benson, Reporting by Michaela Myers

Check out our exclusive videos from the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show!

mary

Posted at 9:53 PM on May 15, 2012

im 6′ and i am 12 and a half… i am doing modeling this summer.

Mayann

Posted at 10:07 PM on April 25, 2012

I wish I could get my body to look like yours:)

Annie

Posted at 9:23 PM on April 9, 2012

Oh God. Some of you need to look up their exercise videos and interviews. They work extremely hard to keep their bodies in top condition. They’re not too thin and if you think they’re unhealthy you really need a reality check. I know people who are 5’7 – 5’8, naturally as skinny as these women, who eat whatever they want. It’s called ‘fast metabolism’ and ‘good genes’, Some people are lucky, others have to work for it. Also, these aren’t regular models, they can’t look like skin and bones modelling underwear, they need to have muscle, boobs and butts; which you don’t get by starving or not eating enough. Instead of judging them, why don’t you take the time to actually go watch videos about them and their routines and see for yourselves. Look up Adriana Lima, for example. It might surprise you. the reason people think they’re too thin is because everyone’s so used to seeing overweight people. It’s the norm. The girls are perfectly healthy, you just don’t see people like them around much.

madison

Posted at 5:18 PM on April 2, 2012

this is so crazy! they eat worse breakfasts than me. people do tell me im skinny but they’ve never seen my stomach that sticks out like im pregnant. people asked me if i was pregnant. but all these girls who are commenting and looking up victoria secret bodies are all the same. YOUNG! these models are in their 20s. enjoy who you are. exercise and stay healthy. these models were just like you.

Morgan

Posted at 9:26 PM on March 29, 2012

Hi my names Morgan I’m in middle school I’m not going to lie I’m not happy with my body ….and when I see the models and skinny lean girls it puts me down cause. Don’t feel pretty and boys don’t give me the time of day I’m not fat by all means and believe it or not iv been told befor I should be A model but I’ve never had the confadence. So can u tell me what I’m doing wrong

Alison

Posted at 5:43 PM on May 2, 2012

Your not doing anything wrong! I’m in high school and my advice is don’t worry about what other people think or say because your only going to be with them for probably 5 more years (if your in 8th grade) then you will never have to see them ever again in your entire life. I know 5 years might seem like a long time but believe me girl it’s not! Also, this article does show how ‘healthy’ these girls are but I don’t know one person that actually looks like this, or that looks relatively like this, and my friends and I are all in-shape but it’s just too much to be this thin…its not unhealthy I just think excessive. Society keeps telling teenage girls to be skinnier, work out, buy skimpy clothes, and granted I would like to be skinnier but no matter how skinny you get you won’t feel skinny enough. Also about the boys, I have not had one boyfriend in my entire high school career so it’s totally normal to not be close to any guys….think of all the college guys in just a few years!!! There wicked hott so just save all your guy cravings ’til then! I hope I helped :)

BJ

Posted at 9:24 AM on March 19, 2012

Truth and I’m sorry but for runway you have to be much taller if you really want to be a model
Focus on photo shoots

Alexa

Posted at 1:32 PM on March 18, 2012

I am 13 yrs old i am skinny and tall with light brown hair an light brown eyes. Im looking fowatd to making a modeling career when i grow up. All I want is too be like yall:)

Alexa juarez

Posted at 1:27 PM on March 18, 2012

I really want to have that body!! I’ll try anything to get that! Any tips?

Erin

Posted at 10:23 PM on January 24, 2012

Hi guys I was just wondering what you thought about me being a victoria’s secret angel(: I’ve always wanted to be one and I am 5’4-5’5 and 100 pounds. I have really long legs and they are very thin. Same with my arms. What do you think? (:

Veronica

Posted at 10:51 AM on February 17, 2012

The minimum height for runway is usually 5’7″ but you could still do print modelling!

Caitlin

Posted at 5:17 PM on January 22, 2012

I would love ro be a Victoria Secret model! I’m 14 and 5’5, could I be on?

marissa

Posted at 1:12 PM on March 22, 2012

Like the comment above, the min. height for a runway model is 5’7 but there are other options! :)

simran

Posted at 10:22 AM on January 10, 2012

…. what is wrong with you people. they are not anorexic their body types are just naturally thin. it isn’t as hard for them to keep the weight off as it is for other people. i am very skinny myself and i understand where they are coming from. they just eat healthy and exercise.

and they OBVIOUSLY do not eat all the foods they just named every day. they were just naming foods they enjoy to eat on different days. they do not feast every morning.

jessica

Posted at 6:01 PM on January 9, 2012

i was reading the diet plan because i want to lose wait! one concern do miranda and candice eat dinner?

please comment back

thanks in advance,
jessica

katy

Posted at 12:21 AM on December 1, 2011

I am 14 years old and stand at 5′ tall. I want to be a victorias secret model for the longest time and wondering how I can do so?

luca

Posted at 7:34 PM on January 1, 2012

unfortunately the first step will be to grow at least 7 more inches. Like it or not but runway models are required to be on the tall side of female height and 5 feet will be rejected.

Now, on the chance that you have one serious growth spurt left, use this time to focus on developing healthy habits. Ditch the junk food, sodas etc. Exercise regularly (yoga, join a soccer team, etc). You’ll be better off even if you never have a chance to be a model

sky

Posted at 1:45 PM on January 16, 2012

you will never be able to be a vs model. i hate to be the one to break it to you, but all the the vs models are at least 5’9″. at 14 years old and only 5′ tall it is highly unlikely that you will grow 9 more inches. take it from me, because im 15 and i had to wait until i was 5’8″ tall to even be considered by an agency.

Lauren

Posted at 6:53 PM on November 8, 2011

It seems people are reading into the “food diaries” a bit too much. Candice is not saying she eats ALL of those things for breakfast — she’s just saying those are the TYPES of things she likes to eat. She probably has one croissant each morning.

Plus, if you factor in a healthy dose of portion control, these lists become very understandable. Teeny side salad, half a cup of grilled vegetables. 6 oz of fish and 12 almonds for dessert would make even The Biggest Loser trainers proud.

Just saying.

ava

Posted at 1:56 AM on August 26, 2011

heyy im a girl and im 13 yrs old and i really want to grow up to be a victoria secret angel they are just breath taking so amazing i cant wait to grow up they are beautiful

vicki

Posted at 11:30 PM on August 1, 2011

They are really perfect looking, thats for sure! It’s pretty obvious however their not doing heavy weights, or resistance type of training based off their muscle tone (or lack of). Looks like they do pilates, yoga, and aerobics, and eat a lot of veggies and lean protein, probably never eat pasta. This makes for a very lean build with only slight muscle tone. If your willing to commit to a lifestyle like that then you can make your body as close to their as it will become naturally. I’m currently working towards this look myself going from figure competitions. It’s not an easy transition.

daisygurl

Posted at 7:47 AM on February 27, 2011

i mean thats totally cool that they eat a lot for breakfast and lunch but only one of them said what they eat for dinner. hmmm im guessing they dont eat anything. So beautiuful and whether u admit it or not…we are all jealous.

HealthFirst

Posted at 11:39 PM on December 27, 2010

Hmmm, obviously they are not being truthful. You think YOU can become and emaciated sack of bones eating like they claim to? Absolutely not. Look at them, they say they box, or do Pilates — no, they would have muscle and with muscle comes a certain appearance of bulk – subtle – but it would be there. This makes me ill. I am a recovered anorexic and I looked almost exactly like the middle one in the top photo at my LOWEST weight. I am 5′ 9″ and was at 115 lbs at that time. Seriously people, if you want to look like that, STARVE YOURSELF. A DEAL WITH ALL THE CONSEQUENCES THAT COME WITH IT.

Sina

Posted at 12:34 AM on February 28, 2011

Figured this one is anorexic w/ distorted view on reality. I am a model, and I eat more than they do, I eat as much as a man. They are not sack of bones, they are normal looking, at least to me, b/c I look like them. Reg. ppl don’t get it, models are picked, as was I, and they are so b/c of genetics. Some ppl are just naturally thin,as some are naturally brown eyed, or long haied, or good in math. Just b/c you had to starve yourself, doesn’t mean we (they) do. Sorry, it’s just life. Stop giving models bad rep. Some abuse themselves, but many are just naturally thin, that’s why they were chosen in first place. Pce.

kylin

Posted at 3:36 PM on March 23, 2011

Oh and one more thing,what type of model are you? No offense but are you like a plus size model? or just like a fitness type of model?

kylin

Posted at 3:38 PM on March 23, 2011

oops my bad replyed to the wrong person! ment to comment on the person above you

Alice

Posted at 10:40 PM on March 28, 2011

Not everybody has to starve themselves to have that body. I’m 5’9 my self and I weight 115 pounds and eat a lot!! Try to give them some credit.

kylin

Posted at 3:31 PM on March 23, 2011

I read a diferent article on what their trainer says he has them doing and he said that he has them box on occasion and he limits alot of things because he doesn’t want them to build too much muscle being how skinny they are required to look.

kylin

Posted at 3:40 PM on March 23, 2011

Just to let you know in the second sentence it is not, “and emanciated sack of bones”,it would be an emanciated sack of bones for your information.

ava

Posted at 1:54 AM on August 26, 2011

ohk seriously people like you make me so mad why hate just because you were anorexic stop and fyi 115 for an anorexic isnt that small in 5’5 and 103 so does that mean im anorexic no people are just built different these girls are just built smaller dont look at these pictures and hate you must have screwed up body image issues if you are doing that. and by the way i want to grow up to be a victoria secret angel so does that mean im “emaciated sack of bones with lil muscle and that im anorexic no i didnt think so

Alex

Posted at 6:06 PM on October 20, 2011

Alright, so I know that you’re young but it’s really not okay to talk about someone who admits to an eating disorder like that. Everyone has a different body type, that’s true, so for this person 115 at 5’9 is very small. They are lucky to have received help before it got any worse. It’s not right for you to judge someone else and talk down their problems, you don’t understand what they went through. Your dreams are great, but they are not right for everyone. There is a lot of pressure in being a model, so best of luck, just go into it confident in yourself and not needing validation from others.

jessica

Posted at 6:03 PM on January 9, 2012

you tell em’!!

Charli

Posted at 7:37 PM on January 1, 2012

so not only are you a recovering anorexic you are a personal trainer which is how you know that boxing and Pilates simply must result in big bulky muscles.

Try again. Their muscle tone is exactly what you get from the type of exercise they do. which is why my clients love such things

AlwaysFierce

Posted at 11:35 PM on November 30, 2010

They are all so beautiful, and I think their bodies are PERFECT. They do not need to gain wait, but i DO think that they aren’t quite telling the truth about their diets lol… i dont even eat that much :)

sarah nadine

Posted at 8:39 PM on November 27, 2010

1 thing i kno are these girls are gorgeous! why must ppl hate on them there beautiful its i like to see the gurls on top teking crap go nd get paid $$ just to get ur photo taken , there gorgeous face it.. watch i sarah nadine will be a Vs model i think i have the look nd the body for it and yes. :) iv been trying pushing my self ince i was 11.

Tiffany

Posted at 11:18 PM on July 29, 2010

Everyone’s bodies are different, Jesus. This is what works for their bodies-of course they probably have professionals find out what’s best for them in terms of food and workouts but I think if anyone here treats their body right and enjoys good sessions of cardio, they can get an amazingly great looking body just like them. I personally googled this because I’m always wanting new dieting tips and great workouts :) I love my body and I want to make it look and feel it’s best.

Akira

Posted at 9:33 PM on December 6, 2011

Thank you!Girls, girls, girls…..we do not have to starve ourselves! Yes, i am extremely jealous of these modes’ bodies, but try not to be so hard on yourselves. I am 14 years old, i weigh 145 and I’m 5’7″. i think i’m fat, but i have no body fat. weight doesn’t really matter to me, because everyone is built different. EVERYONE. We are all uniquely made individuals, and we are all beautiful in our own ways.

Rhiannon

Posted at 2:07 PM on April 15, 2010

I remember watching the VS fashion ’09 show behind the scenes stuff and the VS models have to work out 6 days a week to stay in the shape they are in on top of eating healthy. Plus all the models are 5’8″ or taller… which means everything gets portioned out on their body…

Mary

Posted at 9:01 PM on March 28, 2010

They’re lying.

IONE

Posted at 12:10 PM on November 7, 2011

Exactly- they are lying plain and simple. It is no way that a person can work out like they say they do and not have any muscle tone. i’m not knocking their physiques, i think that they are all beautiful girl, but they don’t eat as much as they say they do..point blank.

debbie

Posted at 9:33 PM on March 27, 2010

All three of these models look like they need to eat a sandwich! They are all pitifully skinny. Doesn’t anyone else think their arms look like twigs ready to snap at any moment??? I do not want my daughter to look like this…she is healthy and strong! What is wrong with the ad executives who think this look is okay…and normal??? Shame on the fashion world…and Victoria’s secret…for brainwashing the girls of today into thinking that this look is desirable! Feh!

lisa

Posted at 9:22 AM on June 2, 2010

plz! this is normal for most of the world just b/c most americans are fatso doesnt mean this isnt possible. you sound fat and jealous.

Monique

Posted at 11:19 PM on November 1, 2010

aome of yall sound like haters,, them models are so sekc,, && i eat fastfood &im american && i have a really sekc body wa flat belly too.

blizz

Posted at 4:13 PM on February 7, 2011

its called fast mutabulism…duh! of course ur going to be skinny!

Sarah

Posted at 1:36 AM on November 22, 2010

Hi I’m from South Africa, I agree with you about your daughter, she shouldn’t have to get as skinny as the girls above if shes not a model, but models have no choice, it’s there job and if they put on weight the clothes or bikinis made for the catwalk and so forth, won’t fit them and they will lose there job. It’s the people incharge of everything that decide what size is desirable to them and they feel will look good in the outfit and the girls just have to conform if they want to be models. I’m 5’11 and 130 pounds but I have thicker thighs than the girls above and thats because I can’t help but eat things I enjoy, it goes straight to my butt and thighs, and this also leads to me batteling to keep my thighs firm, thats why I came to this site, I’m looking for a diet and excercise plan to get my thighs firm like theirs but not skinny. You see everybodys preference is different, I prefer slightly more meat on my legs wouldn’t want them to be quite as skinny as those models, but for them it’s their job. They’ve got no choice. But I must say, Miranda’s eating plan is definatly the only realistic one if you’d like to be her size and you also have to weight everything and then count the calories of everything that you eat, I know this from when i was cosidering being a model. Perhaps the other two where talking about what they dream about eating, lol, or eat what they eat once a month, but you definalty can’t maintain their look eating that on a daily basis. At the end of the day as long as we look after our bodys they’ll look good no matter what height or shape you are.

blizz

Posted at 4:26 PM on February 7, 2011

i agree with u on this. everybody is beautiful in their own way…haa ppl swear you hate on these vs models…well at least not me. im perfectly happy with my thick FIRM body. DONT need to hate on these models at all, what so ever.

Kim

Posted at 6:03 PM on May 13, 2011

Actually, some people do desire this look, and not because it’s advertised. I personally like the thin look but it’s got nothing to do with media influence. I wish people would stop being so “anti-thin”. In this society, you either want every women to be skinny or every women to be “curvy” (nice way of sugar-coating the word “fat”). Why can’t everyones opinions be respected?

April

Posted at 10:09 AM on December 13, 2011

soo true! can I get an AMEN! lol the REALIST comment I have seen yet!

Corynne

Posted at 12:59 PM on March 26, 2010

why is Miranda Kerr’s the only one I believe. I eat eggs benedict and chips … hence the reason I don’t look like a VS model! haha

TERI

Posted at 10:54 AM on March 28, 2010

Eat puke, eat puke, eat puke

Ashley

Posted at 8:20 PM on March 28, 2010

&& you’re a jealous sore LOSER.

Mary

Posted at 9:03 PM on March 28, 2010

She is only a loser if she wants to be a model! Don’t you need parents permission before using the interweb?

razzyberry

Posted at 12:23 AM on April 15, 2010

why is it so weird that they eat and stay slim. I’m sure that the girls practice moderation. I recently lost 10 lb by eating small, healthy, nutrient packed meals every few hrs and having treats every now and than. These days portions are a lot larger than they should be, so just cutting down on how much we eat, and what we eat makes a huge differance.

lisa

Posted at 9:23 AM on June 2, 2010

this is why us is fat. ‘only models are skinny!’ lol. most of civilized world is skinny. america is just fat.