Want A Victoria’s Secret Beach Body? The Angels Reveal Their Diet & Exercise Secrets for You!

Sat, July 24, 2010 3:15pm EDT by 60 Comments

Supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr and Candice Swanepoel reveal their diet and workout secrets!

Dying to look like a Victoria’s Secret Angel but have no idea where to start? Supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr and Candice Swanepoel dished their step-by-step diet and exercise plan at the 15th anniversary Swim Catalogue party at Brent Bolthouse‘s new LA club, Trousdale, March 25. And believe it or not — it’s not as hard as we thought!

We were positive it took hours of intense cardio and strength training in the gym to get one of the hottest bodies in the world, but these ladies actually use a simpler approach.

“I love waking up; I box; I do a lot of resistance…three or four times a week,” Candice, the 21-year-old model from South Africa dished. Alessandra prefers a slower-paced workout. “I’ve been trying pilates now, and I think it’s amazing,” the 28-year-old Brazilian said. “I love yoga,” Miranda, 26, said, agreeing with Alessandra. “I’ve been practicing it now for about 10 years and I love it!”

Yoga and pilates? Sounds reasonable to us! And shockingly enough, Alessandra, Miranda and Candice all eat like normal humans, too. The key, they say, is moderation. Here are their diet diaries:

Miranda:
“For breakfast — yogurt with blueberries, raspberries, apple, lemon after that. Sometimes some wheat-free toast with avocado on top. And then for lunch — some salad, vegetables, grilled fish, steamed vegetables. Almonds or almond butter.”

Alessandra:
“I like to wake up and have eggs benedict with a cappacino and orange juice. And then for lunch, I’ll have rice, beans and chicken or meat. And salad because I love salad. At nighttime I would have like Japanese food, like sushi, or some Japanese barbeque. And I love chips. Salt and vinegar – ah! I’ll go into the airport and buy like three bags of them. And I can’t help myself!”

Candice:
“I love a good breakfast. I love croissants. Eggs, bacon. I love vegetables, I like omelets. Raisins.”

And, like all of us, even models have guilty pleasures!

“Chocolate fondue is my favorite thing in the world,” Alessandra confessed. “[Mine] is probably chocolate lindt balls,” Miranda admitted. “Brazilian bread!” Candice said with the same excitement we reserve for McDonald’s fries.

It makes us happy to know even the hottest girls indulge every now and then! What do YOU think of Alessandra, Miranda and Candice’s healthy diet and exercise plans? Are you surprised? Sound off below!

–Kirstin Benson, Reporting by Michaela Myers

Check out our exclusive videos from the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show!

Elle

Posted at 11:13 AM on April 8, 2013

OK, now let’s be clear. I don’t think these beauituful women are liars. I really think they tend to eat what they say, and they eat well. They exercise regularly, but not overdo it. Having VS shape is that simple, and I believe it.
Granted, it must be also said that for regular people, it is THAT much harder to enjoy dieting. For them, it means they have to cook their own meals, bring them to work, and most probably they wouldn’t afford or wouldn’t know how to prepare food using more exotic/unusual products, so they become really bored and irritated with their menu that lacks diversity and taste.
Count in all the stress that some regular jobs cause, not being able to get rid of it in some SPA place, and so you have occasional need/desire for junk food or sweets. You may control yourself and stick to your regular healthy menu, and as a result, not really enjoy the “beautiful” shape you have.
So it would be great if magazines stopped promoting this desirable image of a perfect body as a necessity in order to “achieve” happiness.
They should better promote healthy dieting for the sake of healthy rather than figure, and doing sports for the sake of health as well. Model-like figure should be a nice side effect, rather than an aim.
Just saying.

Liv

Posted at 3:05 AM on February 15, 2013

Beautiful liars! As if they eat eggs Benedict, bacon and croissants! That is not the kind of food that keeps them in this kind of shape. Miranda Kerr sounds a lot more like it. Notice she doesn’t say what she eats for dinner? Because she’s probably never eating any! Plus they’re burning 800 cals plus working out everyday. Hats off to them for it. If we all did this we would all be looking SUPER lean too! Borderline unhealthy without the advice of a nutritionalist I’m sure. If only we had the pay check and the fame to inspire us to always look this good!

Janet lee moreno

Posted at 12:19 AM on January 21, 2013

its so hard to be a regular person eating diet, although its feel good being lite weight. Every time I look at other people eating and being big {size figure} I look at my self, just want to stop eating and throw up. I want to be sexy, beautiful, & thin. Knowing its not easy but willing to try, eat a lite breakfast, lunch, & snack. No more eating after 6 pm.

Samantha

Posted at 10:42 PM on December 28, 2012

Love this so much working towards looking like them !!!!!!!!!!!! They are an amazing inspiration

Tish

Posted at 1:54 AM on September 17, 2012

Oh my gosh I love these girls so much! they are so beautiful and confindent

lyndzee

Posted at 1:13 AM on May 20, 2012

I think these girls are amazing people to look up to when it comes to looks because they know how to maintain a healthy diet, excercise, and STILL endulge every once and a while. I gotta ask though….do they ever become worried about how much junk they eat??? cuz I know it’s important to have boobs and a butt. I, personally, love the abbs haha:p I’m working on my own bad boys haha;)