Bonnie Says: I Want To Be One Of Kate Gosselin’s Kids!

Fri, July 23, 2010 12:16pm EDT by 57 Comments

INFphoto.com, Getty Images

Stop, stop the bad mom attacks on poor Kate Gosselin.

There are far worse mothers in America, I can assure you than the infamous mom of eight.

If you want to get all worked up about negligent mothers then I can direct you to the pages of The New York Post, for any number of examples of mothers, who go shopping and leave their babies alone or worse allow their boyfriends or baby daddies to beat their little ones. Save your rage for them.

And when it comes to celebrity mothers, I’m fine with you finger pointing at Dina Lohan, who should take big blame for her hot mess of a daughter Lindsay.

But leave Kate alone! I have no problem with her turning her adorable eight into TV stars — in fact, I want to be one of her brood.

I want to go camping with Kate and Sarah Palin in Alaska. How fun would that be?. Alaska is gorgeous, you can bet the Gosselins are going to get the best camp site, the best tents and the best cookout in the state.

And who wouldn’t want to play with Willow, Piper and baby Trig.

But that would have only been my latest adventure as one of Kate’s kids this summer. I would have escaped my home in Pennsylvania for Discovery Cove animal park in Orlando, hung out in the super posh Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in LA while my mommy was on Dancing With The Stars, and had lunch in NYC’s Chinatown.

Furthermore, I’d have the cutest outfits to wear at all times, my own personal bodyguard/piggyback provider, TV production assistants willing to fetch me anything I needed and I’d be banking a paycheck.

Who wants to grow up and THEN be starting with a bank account of zero. Kate’s kids will get a step up in life — with money they’ve already made, when they turn 21.

If I were one of Kate’s kids I’d say thanks mom, for giving me an ultra exciting childhood, adventures and experiences I never would have had as the daughter of the average nurse, and for setting me up with some financial freedom, so that I could pursue the career or passions I wanted , instead of having to scramble for dollars when I was a young adult!

So back off Kate bashers and admit it — wouldn’t you like to go camping in Alaska this weekend, for free, and with your mom and the Mama Grizzly herself?

Loading video...

–Bonnie Fuller

Click for more pics of the Gosselin clan!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Read More About The Gosselins:

1. Kate & The Gosslettes Go To Alaska AND They’re Going Camping With Sarah Palin!
  2. Gosselin Kids Aren’t Being “Unlawfully Exploited” Says Labor Dept. Do You Agree?
  3. Kate Gosselin v. Jon’s New Girlfriend Ellen Ross In A Bikini Battle! Who Has The Better Bod?

Reader 49

Posted at 10:02 AM on July 26, 2010

Odd, if you don’t like someone, there is the assertion you must be “jealous” of them. That is just not true, and I absolutely know I do not want to be Kate and I sure wouldn’t want to be one of her kids. They are treated like clever little animated props (cute matching outfits and all) without any recognition of them are as people.

Needing an audience to live my life has never been on my wish list. The narcissistic nature of these “reality” shows, all of them, is deeply disturbing and using children to get this attention is even more troubling.

Kate has put herself before the public eye and uses her kids as a means to get that attention, so she is subject to public opinion including criticism. Since just following Kate and the kids around the house is no longer that interesting, they obviously need to pump up the storylines with ideas like the chickens and endless trips. Just in case you forget, these are working “vacations” that rotate around the demands of the production and not the fun for the kids. I guess to an adult like Bonnie having a body guard and being treated like a “celebrity” looks thrilling, but it just looks like a job to me. I hope the kids do have the financial freedom Bonnie finds so alluring, because they should have some compensation for living in a fishbowl so mom can maintain her “career.”

Oh, by the way, it is possible to live a full happy life and have a job you love with passion – even nursing – and NOT be a celebrity.

Angie

Posted at 1:39 PM on July 26, 2010

Reader? You have no idea what you’re talking about. Those kids have very distinct personalities, and the cute little matching outfits NEVER hide that! I guess you think that kids that go to school and wear uniforms are being forced to “hide” their personalities too. As someone who goes to one of those schools I can tell you, we all have different personalities, even though we dress the same, and everybody can tell us apart, even though we all wear the same skirt/shirt and shoes.

Get over Kate “needing” an audience. She’s doing a reality show with her kids. So do a lot of other people. If you think it’s wrong, don’t watch any of those shows, don’t do any of those shows. She doesn’t get attention because of the show. The show was on for YEARS and she wasn’t a celebrity. She gets attention because last year her then husband started partying with college girls, and this crazy focus shifted on to her and Jon and their deteriorating marriage. If it was the same old show with the kids and Jon and Kate and none of that other stuff happened, Bonnie wouldn’t be writing about Kate, Kate wouldn’t be on magazine covers, none of that would have happened.

You just showed your jealousy, btw. You are angry that Kate’s a celebrity. You want her to have a full anonymous life as a “nurse.” What YOU want or think makes no difference to KATE. She’s living her life on HER terms. She’s a “celebrity” because of Jon cheating on her, and everything he did after that. Don’t you all realize that?

Sandy

Posted at 7:51 PM on July 25, 2010

Bonnie, you’re brave and you’re right! The haters are going to hate you for it – but since they probably already hate you because of previous positive comments you’ve made about Kate, you’re already used to it.

Keep telling the truth, Bonnie.

All these haters who are so fixated on Kate and her kids don’t seem to care a bit about all the other reality tv families out there who also have kids on tv. Oh, these haters are so concerned that the GOSSELIN kids are being forced to WORK, that their Mom is MEAN and that the kids are MISERABLE. No, the haters are miserable and transparent. They want to be one of Kate’s kids too. They want to be KATE. Notice they have no problem with Tori Spelling or the Kardashians doing what Kate is doing.

I’m glad somebody out there can see the real truth behind their hate.

Keep the comments coming, Bonnie! Well done!

Debbie

Posted at 7:37 PM on July 25, 2010

I think the Gosselin kids would rather have a warm and loving mother, who actually spent time with each of them, playing and bonding. It looks more that they are being dragged around the country by nannies and paid help, and their mother only pretends to be their mother during staged photo-ops and filming when she is being paid.

Angie

Posted at 8:08 PM on July 25, 2010

Right, right. And you know that their mother only pretends to be their mother blah blah blah…HOW, DEBBIE? Do you realize how ignorant you sound? How ugly and cruel?

Their mother loves them, takes care of them just like all mothers do and the proof of that is that the KIDS are warm and loving. How do you think that happened? Kate is a warm and loving mom who knows that it takes more than cuddles and kisses to raise children. They need discipline too, and she provides that as well. I hope you don’t have kids, because you sound like you don’t have a clue about what it takes to raise children.

sara

Posted at 5:54 PM on July 25, 2010

Oh and I might add that most of these comments were written by one deranged maniac with lots of usernames – but you already know that eh? LOL!

Angie

Posted at 8:11 PM on July 25, 2010

Yep, you’re right, Sara, and of course Bonnie knows that. All these different posters with the same IP addresses….

LOL

sara

Posted at 5:53 PM on July 25, 2010

Nice article Bonnie! I want to be one of those kids too, haha!
Sorry to see the maniac Kate haters (those who make internet stalking and hate their full time jobs) have leaped in to spew their venom at you. Ignore, ignore, ignore, lol!

LEVI

Posted at 10:54 AM on July 25, 2010

Sorry Bonnie but ya can’t be one of her kids, ya don’t look like a China Doll..hahahaha..she would have considered your looks as a mutt and thrown your puss into the wild for the fox to feed on..hahahaha

joanne

Posted at 8:45 PM on July 24, 2010

Uh Bonnie, the kids are 6 and 9 and I am pretty sure, having been those ages once, that they just want to be kids, not performers, not laborers, and not providers for their family income. I think the Gosselin kids are being abused in the worst way under the guise of entertainment and you Bonnie should be ashamed of yourself. Your childhood might have sucked Bonnie but at least you had one, without cameras in your face.

lola B

Posted at 8:14 PM on July 24, 2010

I can’t wait to see how Kate’s kids will be thanking her when they get older. That’s one tell all book I’ll look forward to reading. I’m sure they’ll be no money left since Mommy Dearest would have spent it all. Kate is an insult to real mothers who work for a living and take care of their own children. let her actually take care of them herself then tell us how hard it is. She gets 22k per month in child support. Is that not enough to support her 8 yes count em 8 kids?? She’s not working her kids are to support her. It is totally wrong on many levels. Find one picture where whose kids actually look happy when they have the cameras shoved in their faces.

Abby

Posted at 6:46 PM on July 24, 2010

WOW, Poor lil Bonnie must have had such a tough child hood. Bet you make your mama and daddy proud saying such rubbish. Takes a Sheeple to be insecure, selfish and self absorbed to bow and kiss their queens arse all day

Lauren

Posted at 3:28 PM on July 24, 2010

Bonnie after reading your article I actually threw up in my mouth.
You are nothing but a paid mouthpiece for TLC and Julie Carson May.

NO MORE LIES

Posted at 2:56 PM on July 24, 2010

Bonnie you obviously think that some of us dont know insider scoop and know people who have witnessed Kates behavior in private…

You are protecting a evil woman.

Wow

Posted at 6:12 AM on July 26, 2010

Amen.

Unbelievable

Posted at 2:47 PM on July 24, 2010

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie.
Guess you never heard or seen that Kate utilizes a wooden spoon and spanking to discipline her children? Those kids look absolutely MISERABLE in each and every picture that I’ve seen from this stupid Alaska trip to meet the other nitwit mother Sarah Palin. And if you think any of the Gosselin children will not have issues when they’re older because of their exploitative childhood, you, my dear are nuts and part of what’s wrong with this jacked up society!

Lobo

Posted at 2:44 PM on July 24, 2010

Another thing Bonnie, what ignorance you show with the statement on the clip that you don’t even know how they hug Jon??? I cannot stand Jon either, BUT he is their FATHER. Again, you are projecting an ADULT view about him. THey love their mom and dad. Shame on you for putting that on film. THINK BONNIE, THINK before YOU speak.

Lobo

Posted at 2:42 PM on July 24, 2010

Oh, Bonnie..(sigh) you just don’t get it. What ADULT wouldn’t be impressed staying at fancy hotels, eating at fancy places? YOU are projecting an ADULT view on what these 6 year olds should like or not. THINK back when you were 1 through 6 years old. Did you care if you sleep on 400 count sheets? Ate at expensive resturants? NO, you didn’t care, plus just how much do you think 1 through 6 year olds REALLY remember of a vacation? When you go, go, go, it all blurs. THINK back when you were that young. THINK for once. These kids are WORKING to support themselves. Kate cannot take them on a vacation unless it is paid for by TLC. A camera is shoved in their faces, a mic boom next to thier mouths. THINK for once. Stop sounding like a teenager who is SO impressed by meeting a rock star or even worse a TV REALITY”star”. These kids will have money, sure. BUT NO PRIVACY. THeir childhoods are GONE. So will be their teenage years, and adulthoods. UNLESS they get off TV and stay off. People DO forget. PLEASE THINK PEOPLE. For once of the KIDS, not what would IMPRESS YOU a supposed adult.

gerrie

Posted at 8:24 AM on July 24, 2010

Kate is doing a great job. Thoses kids are having a great time, making money and seeing places they would never have been able to see. They are will clothed, housed and loved. And see is doing it without the help from her deadbeat ex.

Denny

Posted at 10:11 PM on July 23, 2010

You must have never seen the show! Kate is a monstrous mother and was an even worse wife.
She manipulates the media and her cadre of demented followers but people are catching on. She is as fake as her boobs and hair.

Real Deal

Posted at 7:04 PM on July 23, 2010

wow…….obviously, sucks to be a kate defender

Bambi

Posted at 6:34 PM on July 23, 2010

Nice article Bonnie. Makes perfect sense to me. I think it is time people quit judging Kate Gosselin. It’s a free country and she has the right to live her life and raise her kids as she sees fit. I agree with you…don’t even begin to say the Gosselin kids are abused. Such abuse all kids should be so fortunate to have…and its not just the money. I had a chance to briefly meet these kids and they are very bright, polite happy bunch and it is so obvious that Kate loves them…she is a very hands on Mom contrary to rumors otherwise. Thanks for being brave enough to publicly support her…she deserves much better press than what she has gotten.

Real Deal

Posted at 7:01 PM on July 23, 2010

go back to your obama worship while he works hard to kill the America way and further entitlement environment of those like kate

Joe

Posted at 6:29 PM on July 23, 2010

Thank you Bonnie for providing a rational, sane view of Kate Gosselin. I’m with you 100 %….I think Kate is providing a wonderful set of life experiences for these kids. They have private education, so many traveling experiences…a beatutiful home with so much room for them to roam and play, papparrazzi free. A loving mother who provides organic home cooked meals and has a great sense of humor to parent this large family. Best of all she doesn’t have to work 50 or 60 hours a week and put them in day care. Darn it…she gets to be with them and earn the paycheck all at once! Sounds pretty smart to me! I think people are just jealous or just wanting to project their opinions on how to tell Kate to live. The video above with the lady named Kathy shows our unreasonable naysayers are! You make perfect sense and it’s nice to see someone take up for this beautiful mother once in a while!

Cheryl

Posted at 6:13 PM on July 23, 2010

$$$ makes up for the loss of privacy?
$$$ makes up for the loss of their childhood?
$$$ makes up for the loss of their family?
$$$ makes up for the loss of their parents dignity and self respect?
$$$ makes up for humiliating personal and family moments on the ‘net and DVDs for all time?

Gotcha, Bonnie. $$$ trumps everything for you.

Marcia

Posted at 2:03 AM on July 26, 2010

Great comment!

Anna

Posted at 2:43 PM on July 23, 2010

Children learn from the parents if the parents do not do drugs work hard and spend their time with the kids the kids will be ok. Many kids today get everything they want but do not see any good examples like hard work.

Lola b

Posted at 2:40 PM on July 23, 2010

Kate’s kids look miserable all the time they are being forced to work. They have nothing to be thankful for unless buying mommy new boobs and designer clothes is on the list. There may be worse mothers but that doesn’t make Kate a good one by a long shot. She is a terrible selfish person and needs to stop having her kids support her and get a real job.

guest

Posted at 2:16 PM on July 23, 2010

This is one of the most incoherent pieces of writing I have ever come across, even on this site. It sounds like some kind of drunken rant with random thoughts just popping in and out. Besides the illogical order and slew of typos, I have to ask, what’s the point? This delivers no news and your thesis that Kate is a great mom is not even close to proven by saying they got the ‘best camping site’ and mentioning general examples of bad moms that are apparently all over the New York Post. Its a good idea amidst all of the Kate-bashing pieces out there but this an extremely unprofessional rough draft. I mean at least fix the comma issues in the first sentence.

guest

Posted at 2:16 PM on July 23, 2010

Marcia

Posted at 2:07 AM on July 26, 2010

The article also foists adult wishes and values on children.

Wow

Posted at 6:34 AM on July 26, 2010

And shows the adult writing it has no comprehension what is happening to the hearts, minds, and souls of the CHILDREN living with khate. She doesn’t seem to be able to connect to what children really want AND to what children really need. IMO I think she’s damaged in some way, she’s hopped from mag to mag, was “going to” start her own company, but didn’t, ended up here online w/ a 12 person crew; I thought for most people it was the other way around = start online in hopes of moving to print. It seems like every magazine shes worked on has gotten more tabloidy with her on it. IMO HL will never reach TMZs level. Never. TMZ reports, for the most part, accurately, not these speculation pieces I’ve seen all over this site. Maybe she can’t achieve true sucess in life, and looks up to those people she thinks ARE sucessful – like Khate. If my guess about that is accurate, I feel sorry for her. Maybe she’s trying to relive her youth? She’s what, 54? and writes like a ninth grader; maybe this is her way of reliving adolesence again. I dunno, just my speculative opinions worth two fiddy, but I believe this article reveals far more about the author than the subject matter.

Barbara

Posted at 10:01 AM on July 29, 2010

Great comment. I don’t have any children of my own (and like Bonnie, I’m in my fifties) but I remember very well what it was like to be 6 and 9 years old – and none of my wishes involved meeting celebrity politicians, having a luxurious lifestyle or being famous. Those are adult aspirations. I’m a little appalled that Bonnie has four kids and yet has no empathy or insight into children’s minds.

Miserable kids

Posted at 12:36 PM on July 23, 2010

You are an idiot, Bonnie. I’ve been following you for about a year and always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you write certain things because you know people will react? But no, I’ve decided you are lacking any type of mental intelligence. When those kids are in rehab or jail, at least they will be dressed well. When once commits suicide, will you pray that you were that kid in so much pain they wanted to end their life?

You exploit these kids too. They are miserable and they won’t have a pot to piss in when they are 18. Contrats for being an ignorant selfish child-exploiter. Trying to get YOUR own show?

Wow