Bonnie Says: I Want To Be One Of Kate Gosselin’s Kids!

Fri, July 23, 2010 12:16pm EDT by 57 Comments

INFphoto.com, Getty Images

Stop, stop the bad mom attacks on poor Kate Gosselin.

There are far worse mothers in America, I can assure you than the infamous mom of eight.

If you want to get all worked up about negligent mothers then I can direct you to the pages of The New York Post, for any number of examples of mothers, who go shopping and leave their babies alone or worse allow their boyfriends or baby daddies to beat their little ones. Save your rage for them.

And when it comes to celebrity mothers, I’m fine with you finger pointing at Dina Lohan, who should take big blame for her hot mess of a daughter Lindsay.

But leave Kate alone! I have no problem with her turning her adorable eight into TV stars — in fact, I want to be one of her brood.

I want to go camping with Kate and Sarah Palin in Alaska. How fun would that be?. Alaska is gorgeous, you can bet the Gosselins are going to get the best camp site, the best tents and the best cookout in the state.

And who wouldn’t want to play with Willow, Piper and baby Trig.

But that would have only been my latest adventure as one of Kate’s kids this summer. I would have escaped my home in Pennsylvania for Discovery Cove animal park in Orlando, hung out in the super posh Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in LA while my mommy was on Dancing With The Stars, and had lunch in NYC’s Chinatown.

Furthermore, I’d have the cutest outfits to wear at all times, my own personal bodyguard/piggyback provider, TV production assistants willing to fetch me anything I needed and I’d be banking a paycheck.

Who wants to grow up and THEN be starting with a bank account of zero. Kate’s kids will get a step up in life — with money they’ve already made, when they turn 21.

If I were one of Kate’s kids I’d say thanks mom, for giving me an ultra exciting childhood, adventures and experiences I never would have had as the daughter of the average nurse, and for setting me up with some financial freedom, so that I could pursue the career or passions I wanted , instead of having to scramble for dollars when I was a young adult!

So back off Kate bashers and admit it — wouldn’t you like to go camping in Alaska this weekend, for free, and with your mom and the Mama Grizzly herself?

Loading video...

–Bonnie Fuller

Click for more pics of the Gosselin clan!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Read More About The Gosselins:

1. Kate & The Gosslettes Go To Alaska AND They’re Going Camping With Sarah Palin!
  2. Gosselin Kids Aren’t Being “Unlawfully Exploited” Says Labor Dept. Do You Agree?
  3. Kate Gosselin v. Jon’s New Girlfriend Ellen Ross In A Bikini Battle! Who Has The Better Bod?

tryecrot

Posted at 6:54 AM on August 28, 2011

Unbelievable

Posted at 8:30 AM on August 4, 2010

Gee, Bonnie. The kids sound terrified to be returning to the $1.3 million dollar crib, don’t they?

ghjgj

Posted at 9:04 PM on July 28, 2010

LOL… Search “MyDiscountBag” on google to Get High quality luxury bags, 100% genuine leather.sells lv ha-nd ba-gs,c-ha ne1,

DENISE CHANEY

Posted at 6:21 PM on July 28, 2010

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT KATE GOSSELIN NEEDS. She needs to move back in the house that she and jon lived in together in P.A and figure out how to make it work, because that house had plenty of room for the whole family. Even if it takes a little struggle on her part, I mean come on now she pretends to figure out everything on the show. The mansion she lives in now is not for her children, it’s for her. The show table for 12 has no problem fitting there family in there three bedroom home. As we all agree kait is just being greedy. PS. That’s how we should refer to her not Kate Gosselin but GREEDY KATE.

DeniseChaney

DENISE CHANEY

Posted at 5:02 PM on July 28, 2010

You go mother of 3 i agree.

momof3

Posted at 12:59 PM on July 27, 2010

I have three kids. It takes a lot of work and a lot of energy and a lot emotional investment to mother them. There’s structure and boundaries and fun and chores and a lot of love in our home. Sometimes there is sulking and cries of “it’s not fair”, but even at 11, 13 and 17 the kids know that they are better off than most. And we do it without matching outfits, celebrity visits, paparazzi, love offerings from the church, and being dragged around the country by paid help. We have no paid help. Just two working parents who put the kids needs ahead of their own, who make mistakes and own up to them, and do their best to learn from them. My kids, who ARE actually kids, don’t want Kate Gosselin as a mother. They mock her, and see her as a wannabe fake celebrity.

DENISE CHANEY

Posted at 5:03 PM on July 28, 2010

i agree.

Amanda

Posted at 11:46 AM on July 27, 2010

Did you know that TLC, when forced to pull permits for the Gosselin children to work in the state of PA, purposefully pulled the wrong kind of permits? They pulled permits allowing the children to work on the theatrical stage. When State Representative Murt (who has spear headed the the investigation into child labor in PA) found out, he asked the legislature to ensure that the Gosseline children had the correct permits, under which they would not be able to work on a reality show until they were seven years old (which is what the law states in PA). Why aren’t you reporting on this? This is a serious child labor violation by a MAJOR corporation. They are pulling FALSE labor permits! And you are publishing pieces about wanting to be a Gosselin child??? It will take you about 2 seconds of internet searching to find info on this.

DENISE CHANEY

Posted at 5:05 PM on July 28, 2010

lock her up.

Jan

Posted at 10:02 AM on July 27, 2010

Bonnie, have you ever watched an episode of the show, either version? Based on what you have written, I would say not. Based on her “reality” (which I really would rather underline instead of put in quotation marks) show, her interactions with her children are generally cold; it’s as though their asking her questions, complaining about a sibling, trying to help out, in other words what it means to be a parent, annoys her and she could really care less. Life is not about the trips you take or the celebrities you meet. She doesn’t provide what they really need-a loving mother. Don’t you think if she was in fact a loving mother, that would come across in the shows? I just hope for the kids sake, we don’t have to read about them in the same vein as we do Lindsay, when they reach that age.

Loa b

Posted at 7:51 AM on July 27, 2010

I have 4 children also and believe it or not I raise them on a nurses salary. My parents raised 9 children with no reality show. Kate has made millions and get 22k per month in child support. Is that not enough?? Get real. She is a fame whore who is forcing her kids to work. She doesn’t need to support their lifestyle. Why does she need a million dollar house and 2-3 nannies for kids that age. Let her get a real job. Kate has choices, she’s making her kids work to support the life style SHE wants.

sharon

Posted at 8:28 PM on July 26, 2010

Miss Bonnie,
I will be interested in your opinion after you have watched every episode of Jon and Kate, Kate Plus Eight, all her interviews and read about her life. The Truth. You don’t have any business writing about what you obviously know nothing about. I will never read anything you write again. You have no credibility.

Maria

Posted at 2:00 PM on July 26, 2010

Hey Bonnie, here’s an idea. If you understand the cost of raising a child and why Kate has to put her children out in the public eye, then why don’t you blog what your children do day in and day out for the next 6 months, providing pictures and videos of their every movement for the voyeuristic entertainment of others.
Then have your children unbiasedly interviewed by a neutral party and see if THEY agree with it.

I think it would make for a great article series.

Jobe

Posted at 1:33 PM on July 26, 2010

I think kids who support their parents by being filmed on reality TV don’t have a good life. Neither Kate nor Jon have real jobs, and their kids are not being protected by the laws in effect to protect child actors in the industry. Reality TV falls through the cracks, and TLC and Jon and Kate are getting rich off the children. Probably Bonnie as well.

Reader 49

Posted at 1:17 PM on July 26, 2010

If you have children, then you how much it cost to raise them. You were also adult enough to accept that responsibility when you chose to have each child. Kate and Jon were not a couple of kids that didn’t understand the demands of a job or how much it cost to support a child. As you said, this an enterprise with the children as the commodity being sold to the public. Even a child actor has to perform only a limited and controlled amount of time, and then they can go home and live a their own life without public scrutiny. They have some protection under the law to regulate how much time they spend in front of the camera. Not the the kids of the Gosselin enterprise. You said you would like to be one of Kate’s kids, but would you put your kids through these manufactured scenarios and the intrusion into their private lives to pay the bills? They aren’t doing this so the kids can have a decent childhood but to support a lavish lifestyle and all done at the expense of the children’s privacy.

GirlyGirl

Posted at 12:13 PM on July 26, 2010

Yes, it must be great to be one of Kate’s 8. Who wouldn’t want to earn 10 cents for every dollar paid while getting a poop pulled from their rectum on national television?
Yes, there are worse mother’s out there… that is stating the obvious.
How ironic that you mentioned Dina Lohan! Do you think that the Gosselin children will grow up any healthier than Lindsay did? What the Gosselin children are doing might seem like innocent fun to some; but their sold out childhood is one of the worst examples of child exploitation in our reality television history.

bonnie fuller

Posted at 11:38 AM on July 26, 2010

Barbara- actually I have 4 kids. That’s why I understand the pressure she feels to support those kids. It’s a huge responsibility and she’s doing the best that she knows how. She doesn’t know how else to get the money she needs to support their lifestyle, other than keep the family enterprise going. And if she is a loving mother i think her kids are getting some wonderful, invaluable experiences.

Robin

Posted at 4:28 AM on July 27, 2010

Yes, the KIDS are supporting her “lifestyle”…her hair extensions, her tooth veneers, her botox, her manicures and pedicures, her breast enhancement, her tanning sessions, her shopping sprees…not to mention the kids are providing employment for the multitude of nannies, groundskeepers/landscapers, cleaning people…because Kate is a lazy…and does NOTHING unless the cameras are rolling.

If she needs to make her KIDS work to keep her in high-style then she’s living WAY beyond her means.

Barbara

Posted at 2:32 PM on July 28, 2010

Bonnie, please look closely at the pictures of the Gosselin kids – look at their faces. In every single shot, they look miserable, stressed out and unhappy. It doesn’t look as if they appreciate all the ‘wonderful experiences’ they’re having.
I stand by my position. Kids don’t need a luxurious lifestyle to be happy. They couldn’t care less about meeting celebrity politicians. What they do need are loving parents who are sensitive to their feelings.

Barbara

Posted at 11:29 AM on July 26, 2010

Ms. Fuller obviously does not have any kids of her own, because she has zero insight into what children need or want. Does she seriously think that kids care about meeting the Palins, staying in five-star hotels and having a bodyguard?

rachel

Posted at 10:09 AM on July 26, 2010

Do these kids look like they’re having fun? you must not have kids because you sure don’t know what kids want….why the hell would these kids give a rip about meeting Sarah palin or her kids? It’s for Kate not the kids…You’re an idiot

Barb