SAY WHAT?! Leonardo DiCaprio Claims It’s Been Harder To Meet Girls Since Starring In ‘Titanic!’

Thu, July 22, 2010 6:30am EDT by 8 Comments
Leonardo DiCaprio Pics

Even though he’s one of the sexiest actors on the big screen, Leonardo DiCaprio says dating has been harder than ever since he starred in the legendary James Cameron film, Titanic!

Leonardo DiCaprio was only 22 years old when he became an international heartthrob after starring as the leading man in James Cameron‘s critically-acclaimed blockbuster Titanic — but despite all the fame and success, Leo, now 35, says he still struggles with normal issues like anxiety and meeting women.

“I had better success meeting girls before Titanic,” the Inception star says in the August issue of Rolling Stone. “My interactions with them didn’t have all the stigma behind it, not to mention there wasn’t a perception of her talking to me for only one reason.”

Leo — who’s been dating model Bar Rafaeli on-and-off for the last five years — also admits he’s grateful there wasn’t celebrity gossip  like TMZ around when he was younger.

“I got to be wild and nuts, and I didn’t suffer as much as people do now, where they have to play it so safe that they ruin their credibility. I didn’t care what anyone thought…It was also about avoiding the tornado of chaos, of potential downfall. It was, ‘Wow, how lucky are we to not have hung out with that crowd or done those things?'” Leo says, explaining, “My two main competitors in the beginning, the blond-haired kids I went to audition with, one hung himself and the other died of a heroin overdose… . I was never into drugs at all. There aren’t stories of me in a pool of my own vomit in a hotel room on the Hollywood Strip.”

Leo’s new sci-fi thriller, Inception, hit theaters last week and has already grossed nearly $90 million.

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

chelsey

Posted at 3:21 PM on April 10, 2012

hi leonardo i love you sooooo much you are always in my dreams i dont think anyone con be hotter than you especially in titanic!wow

angela Becksted

Posted at 11:54 PM on April 8, 2012

Dear Leonardo, you are my faverite actor. I love you so much. I love all of your movies. My faverite ones are Titanic, Shutter Island, and Inception. But loved the other movies too of course :) I have thought a lot about meeting you. But I don’t know if that would ever happen. Seeing how I’m just a normal girl. And your a actor. But I do want to say. Your doing great and I love your movies. Keep up the good work hunny :) can’t wait to see you in another movie :):):)

leonardo decaprio

Posted at 3:23 PM on April 10, 2012

you are cute to but really i love my gf thnxs

carly

Posted at 2:31 AM on March 6, 2011

leo is my hero im writing a book about him i have 28 pages so far i cry somtimes cuz i think i will never get to meet him but ihope one day i will

Keira

Posted at 1:04 AM on August 26, 2010

well I love Leonardo he can come my way :) ill be with him forever :) he is the love of my life :) I love you Leonardo marry me :)

Lee

Posted at 12:07 AM on November 24, 2010

Hi Keira it’s Leo. Let’s go out some time. How can I get a hold of you.

sierra

Posted at 4:24 PM on January 29, 2011

its never going to happen

sierra

Posted at 4:25 PM on January 29, 2011

again never going to happen