Malia Obama's the Same Height as Her Mom, Michelle!

Mon, July 19, 2010 3:32pm EST by 30 Comments
Getty Images (2)

Getty Images (2)

But even though she’s growing like a weed, we imagine 12-year-old Malia Obama still looks up to the first lady.

The first daughter, 12-year-old Malia Obama, has had such an explosive growth spurt, she’s actually the same height (5’10″!) as her mom, Michelle, as this picture shows. The pre-teen was photographed with her parents and little sister, Sasha, over the weekend in Maine, where the first family toured the local sites, played tennis and hung by a swimming pool at the Bar Harbor Club.

As you can see, Malia is Michelle’s not-so-mini me — she even has the same hairdo, strappy flats and wears a cardigan (one of Michelle’s signature style pieces).

In a recent speech, the President talked about his daughter’s surprising stature, saying, “She may be 5’9″, but she’s still my baby.” He went on to say that she just got braces, which he especially likes because it keeps her looking “like a kid. She’s starting to look too old to me.”

Our big question is, how tall will Malia ultimately be? Will she clear six feet, like her dad? Using a calculation method from the famed Mayo Clinic, her adult height could be as much as 6’1″, which would put her eye to eye with the President — and make for some interesting showdowns with Dad on the basketball court.

Ashlee

Posted at 3:22 PM on January 20, 2014

Malia and I are the same age now (15) with the same birthday (July 4th, 1998) and she is sooo much more taller than I am. Now she is at about 5’11 to maybe 6′ . I ,on the other hand, am around 4’10-4’11. For us to be, what my friends call us, “Twins”, its such a big height difference. It amazes me !!!

aj

Posted at 9:03 PM on February 6, 2012

hi

jane

Posted at 11:03 PM on January 29, 2012

What a beautiful little girl. I commend her parents for doing what they can to keep her out of the spotlight as much as possible. I am glad to read that she is no Amy Carter.

triture

Posted at 7:23 AM on December 19, 2011

well she is too tall 4 her age but she looks beautiful and looks more like a super model,she should take onb modeling i think she will rock.go on gal u hieght is great

Donna

Posted at 3:24 PM on December 18, 2011

Is it really u iwant to be in movies n be a singer wat should i do? n 5’7 tall

Sierra

Posted at 2:34 AM on December 5, 2011

Wow!! Malia is tall!! She’s only a day older than me and I’m 5’3 as of right now!!! (my birtday: July 5,1998)

Juivy

Posted at 7:32 AM on November 25, 2011

And got beat with the ugly stick just like her mom. Barry is at war with his penis.

Rene Ferguson

Posted at 12:15 PM on December 2, 2011

What a disgusting thing to say! Shame on you. She’s a kid and a lovely one in every way, by all accounts; well mannered, intelligent, respectful of others, and already quite beautiful. Where does your nasty spirit come from, I’d like to know?

Arlet

Posted at 11:29 AM on January 4, 2012

Oh shut up. you are ust jealous that you are a fat 5’0 guy.

Ashlyn

Posted at 6:32 PM on November 12, 2011

OMG!’ I’m only 12 years old and I’m 6 feet tall wow malia is growing really fast!! XD

Temi

Posted at 11:54 PM on November 15, 2011

i know how your feeling! i was 5’11 when i was 12 and was evntually 6′ when i was 14. i think im gonna stay this height hough, cuz all the shrimpy little boys i though were so little before just shot up and are waaay taller than me now. lol

nicole

Posted at 6:45 PM on November 7, 2011

im 14 and im 5″9 i thought i had it bad whoa she is really tall some ppl would kill to be our height girl hopefully ill be 5″10 or 5″11

gigantic baby

Posted at 6:00 AM on January 22, 2012

I’m 10 month’s old and I’m 8 stories tall

Chantell

Posted at 11:45 AM on October 21, 2011

I’m 12 i’m in 7th grade and im worried that im going to be tall when i grow up because i’m almost 5’6″. Do u think i will only grow to be like 5’8?

jodean

Posted at 11:38 AM on July 5, 2011

I’m 12 and I’m 5’7!!

Edi

Posted at 2:40 AM on March 24, 2011

My daughter was six feet tall at fourteen. She is now 15 and 6’1″. Dad is 5’6″ and i am 5’9″. I think she may be finished growing except on a day to day basis. Depending on if her heels are 2″, 3″, 4″. LOL! She is beautiful and can not date until she completes college. That’s the rule! Malia you are BEAUTIFUL (Sasha too!)

Sarah

Posted at 1:51 PM on January 14, 2011

I’m 30 yrs old, and only 5ft tall……OMG, I am so jealous!

QueenHWD

Posted at 7:18 PM on January 10, 2011

Omg Malia is growing up so fast! She’s not that much younger than me but she makes me feel old lol! But yeah with that height she would be the PERFECT model or basketball palyer or even playing volleyball because that height shouldnt go to waste but her parents are the best so they wont let it go to waste either…but they should watch out because she will be in college before they know it!!!But she is tall like me and Im 14 and 5’9 wow its amazing

Taurie

Posted at 12:26 AM on November 9, 2010

Dang I’m 5’10” now and Im 16!! If she’s already that tall at 12 then she’s gonna be 6 feet!!

Fantasia fan

Posted at 12:53 AM on October 25, 2010

she needs to model she will get booked everywhere her career will take off so fast and will last a life time.

Jen

Posted at 2:43 AM on January 8, 2011

Her dad doesnt want her to become a model :(

Jude

Posted at 7:42 PM on December 11, 2011

Modeling requires the right body shape and size. Her mother is about a 5’3″ tall size 8 on top, but 6’3″
Amazon sized 14 on the bottom. Unfortunately, most girls inherit their mother’s shape. Hopefully, she will inherit body shape from her paternal side of the family, and modeling will be an option.

maddie

Posted at 12:56 AM on September 2, 2010

r u the real selena gomez

keke

Posted at 1:47 AM on July 21, 2010

whooa they are like mother like dather
she i think that was her birthday they mayne be do
sutff like this all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaby

Posted at 12:03 AM on July 20, 2010

well, you know, the food nowadays… lol

barb

Posted at 10:59 PM on July 19, 2010

Why its more than amazing, it’s unfreakin’ believable. Golly! What a story! I wont’ be able to sleep tonight.

mellyy

Posted at 12:54 AM on September 2, 2010

Oh my gosh woww!! and i thought i was tall hehhehehe

selena gomez

Posted at 12:55 AM on September 2, 2010

Shes growing to be just like her mother :)

maddie

Posted at 12:56 AM on September 2, 2010

r u??

selena gomez

Posted at 12:57 AM on September 2, 2010

ah no, not me, im shortt hhehehehe :)