WATCH! Kristen Stewart Slammed By Costar — Stop Complaining Or Quit Acting!

Sat, July 17, 2010 5:11pm EST by 46 Comments

Loading video...

Adam Brody, Kristen’s ‘In the Land of Women’ costar, says the actress needs to stop whining all the time or just find another job!

Kristen Stewart may be one of the most sought after and hounded celebrities around these days, but she is not getting an sympathy from former costar Adam Brody! Adam gave an interview to Diablo Cody for her new online talk show, Red Band Trailer, where he said of Kristen’s notorious complaining: “It’s only gotten worse, I’m sure, being a celebrity. At the same time, I don’t have a lot of patience for people who moan about it too much. Because there are many things you could do. It’s like, quit … you don’t need to be an actor, so it’s like if it’s that much of a problem … there’s the door.” Wow!

Adam was himself a hounded young celebrity when he was one of the breakout stars of the hit show The OC, so he has been through a somewhat similar experience as Kristen. He also choose to take time off following his time on the show and now opts for smaller independent films. His next film, The Oranges, will team him up with Gossip Girl‘s Leighton Meester!

What do you think about Adam’s statement? Check it out in the interview above!

CHECK OUT KRISTEN’S FAB ‘ECLIPSE’ FROCKS!

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

jen

Posted at 10:55 PM on July 19, 2010

if she’s not good, why people can’t stop raving about her latest stint in Welcome To The Rileys? If she’s a terrible Bella, then what the hell did those millions of others pay for? Just remember hija, quality goods always equate with high price.

Miley?:))))) You must be kidding! Lolllzzz…

jen

Posted at 7:14 PM on July 19, 2010

she’s on top of what she does. The hottest in Hollywood. That’s why she’s always in the “pick list” of those “forgotten” who want to stage a dramatic entrace to HW life. Just hit on Kristen and Robert, PRESTO! instant publicity! Well, its another way of whoring yourself to fame. Just ask Lucifer Cody about her payola. She’s a pro.

jen

Posted at 6:59 PM on July 19, 2010

@michelle

Her movies has earned billions. Now, you’re telling us that she’s not good at what she does!? Where’s the logic in your argument?

Bookworm

Posted at 10:03 PM on July 19, 2010

It’s pretty naive to say that making money equals quality. Being a celebrity, being in entertainment, and making large amounts of money doesn’t really take talent anymore (i.e. Miley Cyrus).

Kristen Stewart really isn’t a very good actress. I remember someone writing an article about who was more overrated, Kristen Stewart or Megan Fox. Kristen Stewart is a one-trick pony. Essentially, she plays the same one character (herself) in every single movie she’s been in. I guess she’s spastic and offbeat enough for people to mistake her ‘acting’ as being deep, but it’s not really. She’s just a boring human being who plays herself over and over again. Personally, I give more credit to Robert Pattinson because to see him in person and then him as Edward, they are two very different individuals.

Michelle

Posted at 3:51 PM on July 19, 2010

She should quit acting because she’s not good at it.

lisa

Posted at 6:23 PM on July 19, 2010

what? n you would win an oscar halarious xD

lisa

Posted at 6:24 PM on July 19, 2010

meant hilarious, i was laughing too hard

Michelle

Posted at 6:46 PM on July 20, 2010

I never said I was an actress but if I was I’d BE A GOOD ONE! I would talk in a boring voice with constant blinking and mouth-twitching! THAT WAS THAT KSTEW tramp does!
SHE SUCKS AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT! face it

hmm

Posted at 7:43 PM on July 20, 2010

Kristen stewart is the worst actress and for those who argue and question why her films are such a success then/? well first of all its just the twilight series and second of all the twilight series was already popular way before the films came out and therefore already had a huge fan base.

lisa

Posted at 2:46 AM on July 24, 2010

oh yeah everyone will love u and when it rains chocolate will fallout of the sky, everything will be rainbows and sunshine with you as an actress.

Debra

Posted at 2:00 AM on July 26, 2010

Soooooo True :D

Debra

Posted at 2:01 AM on July 26, 2010

Why dnt you juss stop ”Laughing’ and STFU! (:

maria

Posted at 1:30 PM on July 26, 2010

This is only if you are talking to Lisa. Behind the sarcasm she makes a good point, you can’t judge until you have tried acting in movies and done better yourself. In that case, you STFU! At least she not ranting on these websites how much she hates Kristen, she just laughs at the idiotic people who do.

AngB

Posted at 12:27 PM on July 19, 2010

I don’t believe he chose to take time off and now chooses to film smaller films, I think he isn’t getting any other roles and is not in big demand. He has no idea of the scrutiny Stewart and other celebs get by paps and is a complete douche to make such a comment. Stewart only complains about the intrusiveness of the paps, not any other facet of being an actor. He is obviously envious of her popularity right now. It’s sad because this just makes him look like an ass.

ur face

Posted at 8:01 AM on July 19, 2010

everyone has their opinions soo these people shouldnt get mad at him i mean they will disagree but still….i dont really like her but she is way better than miley cyrus!

jen

Posted at 7:57 PM on July 18, 2010

the oranges? Really?? Loolzzz…

right

Posted at 5:39 PM on July 18, 2010

this guy have God damn right,…. there’s the door Kris.He is not afraid to tell what he think.I like it!

whatagirlsaid

Posted at 2:15 PM on July 18, 2010

he’s just another person from millions of people who’s hobby is criticizing such a good and down to earth actress as Kristen Stewart. What do they all mean? F.E. if i hate my teachers and other people that annoy me like purple Barney and scream at me like in agony, should i quit school? I think the same thing is with Kristen Stewart. She likes acting, but hates paps that want to publicize every second of her life!

Austyn

Posted at 12:06 AM on July 19, 2010

He didn’t mean it like that. Saying once or twice, ‘oh, i hate it that i have no privacy,’ is one thing. She bitches and moans about her FANS! He’s saying, if she doesn’t want fans, well theres one way to get them to stop.

Robert Pattinson

Posted at 1:55 PM on July 18, 2010

He claims that he can’t stand all this new technology such as Twitter because within 20 minutes there will be a large crowd around him.

“I can’t remember what my normal life is like,” the New Moon star told a Scottish newspaper in a new interview.

“Because of internet stuff and Twitter, there will be a crowd if you are in a place for more than half an hour…I’ve learned never to stay in the same place for more than 20 minutes.”

Rober Pattinson

Posted at 1:53 PM on July 18, 2010

Robert calls his fame “a burden” and says that he finds pushy strangers and fans “grueling and repulsive.”
Being well known is a real burden. I’m less open and have noticed that I’m actually getting paranoid.If people push themselves on me I find it gruelling and repulsive.
If I even think someone wants to approach me I feel the need to scream, ‘What do you want of me’. Then later I think, ‘What if this person only wanted to be nice?

amali

Posted at 5:50 AM on July 20, 2010

Robert Pattinson???

autumn

Posted at 11:05 AM on July 18, 2010

THATS SOO FUNNY LOL HAHAH

jen

Posted at 10:39 AM on July 18, 2010

Can’t act! Can’t act! PATHETIC IGNORAMUS!! Twilight is making its next billion and all you can say is can’t act, can’t act! Who wants to watch a terrible movie with an equally terrible actors on it?? Oh..Anna is a very good actress. In fact, she garnered an Oscar nomination from her effort in Up in the air. Now, can you imagine her as Bella in Twilight??

Just stop hating people. Its bad for your skin.

crmomof2

Posted at 9:36 AM on July 18, 2010

Kristen doesn’t complain about the fame. She has consistently said that she loves to act and understands that, if she wants to continue to do what she loves to do, she must accept what comes with it. She has complained about the paparazzi, but so has almost every other celebrity who has been subjected to the scrutiny that she gets subjected to. Adam will never experience what it is like to be 17-20 year old girl, cornered in a dark parking lot by 25 or so men yelling obscenities at her. When she gets upset that is what she is referring to. Adam Brody has not achieved that level of fame therefore he really can’t speak from the position of knowledge but more from a position of jealousy because his career has not taken off like Pattinson’s or Kristen’s. It’s a shame that he spoke like that, Kristen has never said an ill word about someone that she has worked with. Even if he was referring to Kristen, he should have been more diplomatic and more professional about his statement.

And to those who say that actors have it easy, you must remember that every job has its pitfalls. Stephanie Meyer said that when they went back to shoot the Tent Scene, Kristen had a severe stomach flu. Yet she continued to work and didn’t make excuses for herself. The Red Carpet appearances are only a small percentage of what all actors have to deal with.

yuyu

Posted at 7:16 AM on July 18, 2010

I like the robert pattinson doll…!!!!
hahahaha… soo cute!!

and i think that Adam is just right!
I heard that many players were already talking about Kristin’s complaints…

And…she’s a terrible actress

Tee

Posted at 7:05 AM on July 18, 2010

Here you go again. Twisting things and taking them out of context. Most likely out and out lying. I seriously can’t imagine Kristen complaining about something she says over and over that she loves to do. If she did complain she was probably having a bad day and that it had nothing to do with doing her job. I honestly don’t know how you people can live with yourselves writing this BS day after day. You must not believe in God or Karma but one of these days both are coming to get all of you. Also you pathetic jealous haters don’t know anything about Kristen to have anything to say about her. I also don’t see how something that happened over 3 years ago is newsworthy.

tink

Posted at 1:26 AM on July 18, 2010

She probably won’t have a choice after Twilight. She’s a terrible actress. Seriously, she plays every character the exact same way! The sputtering, rapid blinking, ect. There is zero variety.

Acting 101: everyday mannerisms and why you should GET RID OF THEM!

So, by the time Summit squeezes out the last of the twilight saga, she’ll be washed up and even the indies will be tired of her. Rob has a future, Taylor’s the next Disney star, but Kristen…nope. I don’t see it happening.

(I respect all of you who like her tho)

obgyn

Posted at 1:25 AM on July 18, 2010

I agree with him. These celebrities act like it’s such a task and we,(the public) should cater to their every need.
Rubbish! Celebrities have it so easy. Why don’t she quit and look for a real job, and if she doesn’t have a college degree that’s in demand, she may pound the pavement for a while, only to end up making $10-$12 dollars an hour, like most uneducated people her age. Everything is done for these celebrities and they enjoy mountains of freebies, unlike real working people who need the freebies. She should thank God every day for her acting jobs.

annamorphos

Posted at 1:23 AM on July 18, 2010

I’m sorry, I have to agree with Adam, and, yes, Kristen Stewart complains. It’s true, if you don’t like something..quit. How many of us have sat across the table from someone complaining about their job, and we all say “Then why don’t you quit?”

You want to know why she doesn’t quit? Because she’s just like every other celebrity…it’s all about the money.

mona

Posted at 12:08 AM on July 18, 2010

Looks like he is ready to come out of hiding starting with gaining attention by throwing costars of the bus!!!! Look out Adam, the media is coming for you next!!!!

mona

Posted at 12:09 AM on July 18, 2010

sorry that’s under the bus!!!

Jasmine

Posted at 9:51 PM on July 17, 2010

I think his words got twisted so I’m not going to take this article seriously. Everyone can have an opinion so if that’s his opinion then that’s fine. I doubt she really cares anyway.

Teresa

Posted at 8:31 PM on July 17, 2010

Quien es este chico? No lo conozco.
El es un irrespetuoso al hablar de sus compañeros actores.
El no es nadie para hablar de esa manera. Cuando el sea acosado por 20 paparazzi y le griten si tuviste sexo con Pattinson entonces recien hablemos.
Brody is a loser!

hypocritical

Posted at 8:27 PM on July 17, 2010

october 2006- Adam Brody’s Middle Finger Salute. Adam Brody gave paparazzi the middle finger salute as he grabbed a quick breakfast — coffee, a yogurt parfait, and a pastry — this past Thursday from Abbot’s Habit Fresh Roasted Coffee in Venice, CA. It doesn’t seem like Adam to flip off paparazzi like that but he possibly could have been adjusting his sunglasses. Maybe?

Krystal

Posted at 6:19 PM on July 17, 2010

He didn’t say directly that it was KS. He just said celebrities in general

Annie-R

Posted at 6:09 PM on July 17, 2010

I’ll start this out by saying Kristen Stewart reminds me a bit of my daughter, so sometimes I get a bit defensive for her (tho I don’t know her). That said, WTF? I watched the video of Adam Brody and he did not say KS needs to stop whining. He said actors need to stop whining and if they don’t like it, quit. Diablo Cody mentioned Kristen Stewart as someone who gets a lot of papparazzi attention, he made a body gesture, a hmmp sound but no where did he make the connection.

Before I saw the interview I was thinking that the number of times Kristen Stewart has complained about the media attention is about 1/10,000 of the times that her complaining has been reported in the media. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t publicly complain as often as blogs talk about it.

And despite the fact that this post irritated me, I am glad I discovered Diablo Cody’s Red Band Trailer. Her I will read/watch again. Ok, getting off my soapbox now.

jon-paul

Posted at 9:31 PM on July 17, 2010

I really must agree with Annie. However, my version is a bit more go for the throat kind. Personally, I don’t see how this Diablo Cody ever got a show or why would anyone care to be interviewed by her? She had an opportunity to totally set-up Adam Brody who wasn’t buying the b/s at all. I feel it was a very cruel attempt by Ms. Cody to start rumors and gossip about KStew so she could benefit by having her (Kristen’s) name uttered on her show. It was unprofessional, sleazy, unkind, demeaning, just about all of those also describe the way Ms. Cody is –btw, who hired that ‘train-wreak’? They love her so much she’s doing interviews out of an Airstream?

Kathadoodle

Posted at 2:34 AM on July 19, 2010

Diablo Cody is hilarious. She was making a valid point and interesting conversation (like a talk show should have). I highly doubt “cruel” is the right word to use and btw you should do your research and maybe you can repeat those words to her Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. She wrote the screenplay for Juno, she created United States of Tara, and is highly sought after screenplay writer, journalist, and author.

gbtw

Posted at 2:34 PM on July 19, 2010

thank you. i didn’t want to watch the clip but was certain the connection to kristen was misrepresented. i don’t care about her one way or the other, but i guess everyone says she complains just b/c she doesn’t act bubbly and smiley- it’s the look on her face, not her words, i think. in any case, i have no opinion on her, really- but i like this guy’s point that the complainers should just go elsewhere.