Angelina Jolie Defends Daughter Shiloh's Clothing!

Mon, July 12, 2010 8:45am EDT by 22 Comments
Ramey, AP

Ramey, AP

The mother of six calls her daughter’s clothing choices ‘fascinating!’

Angelina Jolie has come to the defense of daughter Shiloh Jolie-Pitt and her unique style choices saying she is happy to let her children express themselves and be who they are. “I think she is fascinating, the choices she is making. And I would never be the kind of parent to force somebody to be something they are not. I think that is just bad parenting,” the actress told Reuters.

Angie went on to say, “Children should be allowed to express themselves in whatever way they wish without anybody judging them because it is an important part of their growth. Society always has something to learn when it comes to the way we judge each other, label each other. We have far to go.”

For her part Angelina admits that even though she was acting, crew members were put off when she had to dress as a man for her role in the upcoming Salt. “It was fascinating,” she said. “The stunt guys I usually hung out talking to, didn’t want to hang out with me.”

What do you think HollywoodLifers? Is Angelina right in letting Shiloh dress like a boy?

CLICK HER FOR MORE PICS OF SHILOH’S BOY CLOTHING!

Read more on why Angie is the best mom here!

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

nothanks

Posted at 10:17 PM on January 29, 2013

So it’s okay if a child wants to wear a mini skirt and we should allow that while there are all kinds of predators out there? Hmm no thanks.

Shubham

Posted at 8:07 PM on August 29, 2010

What was that?

tessa

Posted at 1:23 PM on August 6, 2010

I think people are giving this child too much credit. Shiloh Pitt has been dressed like this for over a year. That would make her approx. 2 1/2. She cannot drive to buy her clothes or drive herself to a salon to chop her hair off. It’s being encouraged. She may be a tomboy, but come on, Angelina Jolie buys the clothes, drives to the salon, etc. This women is in such need for attention, she is now using her child – I guess it’s cool to Angelina to have a girl that may or may not have gender issues. Quite honestly, while it’s fine that she’s a tomboy – she looks very masculine now. You can be a tomboy with a ponytail!

katherine

Posted at 6:30 PM on December 6, 2013

She has older brothers…and if you look at pictures she wears a lot of their clothes. It is not surprising that she may identify with them. And even my kids pick their own clothes. We go online all the time, and they make selections for the new school year and then again for summer. We set a budget and they then get to pick.

RJ

Posted at 10:44 AM on July 14, 2010

My 12 year old son has hair past the center of his back. He has chosen this and we accept his choice. People always think he is a girl and it is no big deal. we laugh at it. Even when he is totally dressed like a boy, people still say she. I think it is great to mess with cultural stereotypes – shows how fluid they are.

Del LaGrace Volcano

Posted at 3:58 AM on July 14, 2010

Shiloh is four years old! What is with people? This should be a NON story!

kate c

Posted at 2:36 PM on July 13, 2010

People! Seriously leave the kid alone and her mom…everything is going to be just fine don’t worry your pretty little heads.

cookie

Posted at 1:37 PM on July 13, 2010

It is understandable she doesn’t care about Shilo being a tom boy, she is a lesbian herself, so what do you expect? I just hope the idiot Brad and this B****h angelina get their pay back for what they did to Jennifer, and they will, we all pay back, any bad or good we do, so as to me, she can go to hell and rod

kate c

Posted at 2:37 PM on July 13, 2010

What is rod?

smiledoc01

Posted at 4:43 PM on July 13, 2010

Quit being bitter and move on. Everyone else has.

berrie

Posted at 12:11 PM on August 6, 2010

Who left you ,you bitter hag!

brittaanyjadee

Posted at 10:43 PM on April 16, 2011

the whole jen thing is just rumours !

segamad

Posted at 9:24 PM on July 12, 2010

Only a child from a wealthy family could do this and not affect them in society. Try allowing an avg. Jane or Jack do this and see how they are picked on in school.

I believe you should allow your children to express themselves but like this article here, they are judging her. Such a shame media controls society.

Eileen

Posted at 8:33 PM on July 12, 2010

What I find fascinating is that there are people in 2010 who are concerned about how a small child dresses. My amazing 25 daughter and 22 year old son used to both be mis-identified as a member of the opposite sex when they were small. Both spent the first 3 or 4 years of their lives in Oshkosh overalls. As a chile Shiloh’s age, people thought my daughter was a boy because she was very outgoing and adventurous. My son had gorgeous curls to his shoulders until he was four and decided he wanted “a big boy haircut.” We promptly took him for one and videotaped the whole event. My daughter, two years older, decided she wanted short hair, too, so she got a pixie cut. While people may have confused their sexes, they never were confused themselves, and the most frequent comment we ever heard was, “What happy children you have.” Enough said.

cgable63

Posted at 6:28 PM on July 12, 2010

so many world issues at hand and people are concerned with how angelina dresses her child? really? leave the woman alone to raise her kids. hats off to her to not pressuring them. she’s doing a fine job.

sarah

Posted at 5:18 AM on July 25, 2010

I agree with the part with how the world has much more problems at hand! Lol lol, I can’t believe this is actual “news”. Ridiculous.

Lisa C.

Posted at 6:26 PM on July 12, 2010

I’m so happy to see this issue come to the forefront of our attention via Hollywood. Angela is setting a great precedent. As the mother of a gender non-conforming child, I know what it means first hand when your child has a preference for expressing him/herself in the opposite gender. I know she’s got her hands full with family and career, but I can’t even begin to say how welcome she would be if she ever wanted to “represent” parents of such a misunderstood group of people. Go, Angelina!!!

cgable63

Posted at 6:32 PM on July 12, 2010

@ lisa c.: thank you. i’ve been a tom-boy all my life. my mom has never pressured me to dress otherwise. i love her for that. my daughters find it amusing, but nothing more than that. you are a great mom for the love and support you child. you rock.

kitty

Posted at 1:35 PM on July 12, 2010

Angie is doing a great job with her kids…she’s a wonderful mom.

gbtw

Posted at 1:51 PM on July 12, 2010

i agree!

InTheKnow

Posted at 11:37 PM on July 14, 2010

She also has tons of money and probably doesn’t do much without help. It’s okay for her to call her daughter’s clothing choices “facinating” because her daughter will never feel the affects of true society. It is rediculious that she lets her daughter dress this way. I feel so sorry for this little girl and the wack job mother she was born to.

sarah

Posted at 5:20 AM on July 25, 2010

I somewhat agree with you too… I mean… the society these days is very mean and narrow minded! so yeah.. there could be severe consequences in letting her daughter get too much freedom.