Team Edward? Team Jacob? You're All Insane! I'm Team Bella & You Should Be, Too! She Deserves Better!

Tue, July 6, 2010 2:25pm EST by 18 Comments
Courtesy of Summit Entertainment

Courtesy of Summit Entertainment

Face it, NEITHER of these monsters is right for Bella; they’re abusive, manipulative and they put her life at risk!

Wow! Over the weekend we asked all of you to pick a side — Team Edward or Team Jacob — and you responded with an overwhelming 70 percent that you’re totally Team Edward. And while I understand the appeal of Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, I’ve always been bugged by this Edward vs. Jacob nonsense — mostly because neither one of them belongs with Bella!

I admit to being just a casual viewer of the Twilight films and a non-reader of the original Stephenie Meyer books — but here’s how I see it: If Bella can attract the best-looking vampire and the best-looking werewolf in her high school, I’m willing to bet she could capture the attention of at least a few decent-looking humans. Sure she’s dark, angsty and super awkward… but it’s high school. In Forks, Washington. Aren’t those pre-requisites for all students?

It’s a little ridiculous that this young, attractive girl has only two choices: a guy who has to constantly fight the urge to feast upon her blood, and another guy who occasionally becomes covered in gnarly hair and howls at the moon. That doesn’t sound like much of a choice to me. Where are all the nice, human boys?

And I’m not the only one who thinks Bella deserves better. Ms. Magazine blogger Carmen Siering offers up a scathing (and totally accurate) critique of Bella’s non-choice, saying “The fact is, both [Edward and Jacob] show signs of becoming potentially abusive partners.” Carmen refers to the way Edward disables Bella’s truck to keep her from Jacob, and the scene in which Jacob forces Bella to kiss him against her will, among several other examples.

What do you all think? Are you on Team Edward or Team Jacob because you personally like Rob and Taylor, or do you ACTUALLY think that one of these monsters would be a good match for poor, innocent Bella?

– Andy Swift

Someone

Posted at 9:24 PM on June 3, 2012

TEAM EDWARD FOREVER IDIOTS!!!! Who could like a smelly mutt like Jacob

Kaelyn

Posted at 7:42 PM on November 20, 2011

Team edward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All u Jacob fans are idiot! Edward is the one for Bella. He can pretect her better. And if you have not seen the new breaking dawn……… Bella turns into a vampire!

lol not really

Posted at 7:13 PM on October 10, 2010

team mike newton!!! whos with me???

Team Jacob.(:

Posted at 4:18 PM on July 27, 2010

I am team JACOB all the way. There are many many many many reasons that i am team jacob….
I have team jacob Converse, posters, shirts, bags, & so much moreeeeeee. Im like in love with jacob & Proud of ittttt…… Read the books, seen the movies, & everything else & i stand by JACOB 900000000000000000000000000000000000000 percenttttttt…
TEAM JACOB FOREVER.(:

PS. I would like to “LA PUSH” edward off a cliff(:

♥anonymous:)♥

Posted at 1:04 PM on July 9, 2010

okay..
your a team bella?
well i am too..
but the choices is only between EDWARD and jacob..
so Im Totally! really! definitely! TEAM EDWARD..

im willing to be single until i find my EDWARD :))

Etty

Posted at 12:38 PM on July 7, 2010

I have to admit that I would be extremely annoyed if I had a boyfriend like Edward. But in this case both Edward and Jacob are perfect. They are not her only choices. There are human boys that like her, but she prefers the supernaturals. And Bella may be innocent but shes strong and she can handle them both.

M

Posted at 2:27 AM on July 7, 2010

Edward is willing to let Bella go if she chooses Jacob Black and would not her him, because it would hurt Bella. The books make that clear, but I thought the movie did too. Plus the fact that Edward is trying to protect Bella’s “virtue” shows a bit of character too.

Brianna Quirk

Posted at 10:45 PM on July 6, 2010

ok…u may be team Bella….but i am …………….TEAM RENESMEE!!!!

emma

Posted at 9:03 PM on July 6, 2010

Edward is perfect. There should be no teams because no one would not choose Edward in real life even if they pretend they would go for the underdog and choose Jacob. Bella is lucky to have someone who loves her so selflessly.

jacob iz the 1 4 me!!!

Posted at 8:46 AM on April 16, 2011

yuk yuk yuk wat ru harping on about? jake is cute, tall and so totally fit!! how could u like edward?

Medison

Posted at 6:31 PM on July 6, 2010

I am Team Tyler van (the one who tried to kill belle)
Belle is not a good rule model , she takes the feminism 100 years back where children more impotent then education .
and both men are abusive partners.
I used to love the film when I was in 8 grade but I am happy that I saw the light.

mona

Posted at 4:46 PM on July 6, 2010

Because this is a fantasy and a love story from a book, yes I must say I am Team Bella first which by the way means I am also Team Edward!!!! Go Team Bella!!!!!

NonTwilightFan

Posted at 3:09 PM on July 6, 2010

After this I’m Team Andy Swift! Bella deserves better!!

ali

Posted at 2:58 PM on July 6, 2010

pattinson all the way. Stuff twitching Stewart and pug faed lautner

mischka

Posted at 2:52 PM on July 6, 2010

at the end of the day, its all from S. Meyers’ books, have you read any of it ? lets assume not, Edward & Jacob are ‘actually’ vying for Bella’s attention, and people are just picking sides.. so there

Brianna Quirk

Posted at 11:07 PM on July 6, 2010

i agree…my brother or sister hav not read any yet they hav sides…Team Jacob..just cause he is hot… i piked my side cause i have a personal connection to that side in particular and that is the guy im looking 4

MTHollywoodlife

Posted at 2:37 PM on July 6, 2010

I’m not even going to read this post. Because I am SO Team Jacob. You, Andy Swift, are stupid.

Jon

Posted at 7:40 PM on July 14, 2010

Why is Andy Swift “stupid?” Because he feels Bella deserves better? An opinion doesn’t make you stupid but narrow mindedness does.