Wake Up & Smell The Coffee, Lindsay Lohan — You're Spending 90 Days In The Clink!

Tue, July 6, 2010 7:50pm EDT by 7 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Lindsay Lohan has been sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating her probation in her DUI case. But it doesn’t end there!

Judge Marsha Revel has laid down the law on what is a heavy sentencing on Lindsay Lohan. The judge added 90 days inpatient rehab after her 90 days of jail time that will start on July 20.

A visibly crushed Lindsay, 24 couldn’t hide her tears when sentenced today in Beverly Hills court. She is required to keep her SCRAM bracelet on until she returns to the court in two weeks. The evidence was overwhelming that Lindsay had violated the terms of her probation with an amazing performance from prosecutor Danette Meyers.

Lindsay’s dad, Michael Lohan, is upset with the ruling. “The system failed and it failed my daughter,” the outspoken father said on the courthouse steps.

READ LINDSAY LOHAN’S STATEMENT TO THE JUDGE:

“I wasn’t expecting any special treatment aside from the understanding that I have to provide for myself, I have to work. My schedule is, unfortunately, very different. Having said that, I did do everything I was told to do and did the best I could to balance jobs and showing up.”

Watch Lilo’s breakdown in court here

Jacalyn

Posted at 1:19 PM on July 8, 2010

Its more like wake up and smell the chick next to you.Maybe this will save her life and show her that there are consequences for her actions.I hope she will do rehab after her 90 days.Jail doesnt clean you up but it will hopefully offer enough time of clarity she will want to go to rehab and change her life.

Nick

Posted at 11:59 AM on July 8, 2010

Lilo, hopefully someday you will look back on this and realize you cannot rush recovery!

F.U. L.L.

Posted at 2:58 PM on July 7, 2010

Lindsay’s dad, Michael Lohan, is upset with the ruling. “The system failed and it failed my daughter.”

What?! Eff that! Your daughter failed the system. You know, that societal system that says we agree to obey the laws of the community.

LoopsFroot

Posted at 2:54 PM on July 7, 2010

I believe that this judge saved Lindsay’s life. Lindsay needs a severe wake up call and hopefully this is it..

staubber

Posted at 7:16 PM on July 6, 2010

The prosecutor and the Judge were awesome, someone has to get this girl help, and yeah lets see what she does between now and jail

Listening to her address the judge, all about how she had to work, has to be out of town to work, she was working in Cannes??? But, If she is working so much, they why can’t she pay her bills?

gbtw

Posted at 7:01 PM on July 6, 2010

i hope this judge has saved lindsay’s life. i wish she could’ve gone straight to the clink tho. i’m afraid what she’ll do before then. she should be on a suicide watch.

xoxoqt4lyfe

Posted at 7:00 PM on July 6, 2010

THIS IS A TRAVESTY! IDK WHAT I’M GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF :'( … probably go drink away my sorrows (irony?)
(or what lilo will do with herself for that matter)