WATCH THIS! The 'Paranormal Activity 2' Trailer That Is Too Scary For Theaters!

Thu, July 1, 2010 10:00pm EDT by 16 Comments
Loading video...

While millions of you were watching The Twilight Saga: Eclipse at midnight, many complained the Paranormal Activity 2 trailer was too scary — and now it’s been removed from theaters!

The Paranormal Activity 2 trailer that has been deemed “too scary” from moviegoers in Texas has been removed from screens in what is believed to be a well-played publicity stunt!

Our sister site Deadline.com says Cinemark executives are pulling it from several of their theaters after speaking with people at Paramount.

“I actually went to a couple theaters last night, and a ton of girls jumped out of their seats and screamed. All I can tell you is people complained and Cinemark pulled it down,” a studio executive told Nikki Finke.

But we think you, the Hollywood Life Nation, should have your say in this controversy! Is it really that scary? Sound off below!

Russ Weakland

Internet Girlfriend Online

Posted at 12:14 PM on June 11, 2012

Magnificent points altogether, you simply gained a logo new reader. What could you recommend in regards to your post that you just made some days in the past? Any positive?

hediye

Posted at 10:36 PM on May 29, 2012

I have been browsing on-line more than three hours lately, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It is beautiful worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the internet might be a lot more useful than ever before.

desperate wives online

Posted at 9:16 PM on May 3, 2012

Hi there, just become aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it’s truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate in the event you proceed this in future. Lots of other folks shall be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Wallpapers HD Bumblebee Transformers 2

Posted at 1:42 AM on May 3, 2012

Great weblog here! Additionally your website lots up fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink to your host? I desire my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Hollywood Florida Hotel

Posted at 3:55 PM on May 2, 2012

Magnificent issues altogether, you simply received a emblem new reader. What might you suggest in regards to your submit that you made some days ago? Any certain?

jailbreak ipad

Posted at 4:19 PM on April 30, 2012

Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue together with your site in web explorer, may check this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a good section of other folks will leave out your magnificent writing because of this problem.

Leelou

Posted at 4:46 AM on July 5, 2010

Ok, this was also premiered in front of an Twilight audience…..which is mainly teen girls. Twilight is their version of a eerie movie. You should expect then to be, well, wusses. I saw the trailer and to get scared by that is just stupid. To complain about it is just worse. Suck it up, kids. It’s just a trailer.

Jessie

Posted at 4:12 AM on July 4, 2010

Maybe don’t bring little kids to a movie like Eclipse, bad parents. This wasn’t scary at all.

just my opinion

Posted at 11:28 PM on July 4, 2010

It scared the crap out of me! But I am, admittedly, a wuss. But as for parents taking their kids to see twilight, seriously, I know this woman who takes her four children (oldest is 9) with her to line up on opening night for like 3 hours to see these stupid movies, just because she cant get a babysitter (they are all at the movie hah) and simply CANNOT wait for any other night. it is so pathetic.

Diane

Posted at 12:36 AM on July 2, 2010

ii think this is perfect ; continue to bring this movie out to theaters :) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony

Posted at 12:29 AM on July 2, 2010

I just saw the preview and I thought the first one wasn’t scary at all but holy crap this preview scared me. I am a fan of horror movies too and this really creeped me out.

laura

Posted at 12:23 AM on July 2, 2010

Yes i agree my 9 year old went to got see Eclipse and when this trailer came on everybody was sreaming and jumping off their seats…she started to cry. too scary if lil ones are watching the Eclipse.

VRod

Posted at 12:20 AM on July 2, 2010

I went to see twilight tonight and saw the trailer! It looks good…… But there were kids screaming and crying as well as adults screaming! I guess the movie is sure to do what it was intended to do….. Scare people.

marley

Posted at 11:42 PM on July 1, 2010

I agree with sammy. I’m a teen and I’m actually really glad they played the trailer and so was my 10 year old cousin. The trailer was great and perfect timing too. I don’t know why people are so bothered with the trailer being showed. Its going to be showed on t.v too. So are they cut paranormal’s trailer from the t.v too. I think it was very smart to show the trailer in the premiere of Eclipes because many people did go watch it and would see the trailer and better yet it would grab people’s attention towards the movie. Plus eclipes was Pg-13 not PG. So I think it was fine for the trailer to have been shown and people are just over reacting. Its just a movie and my little cousin and I can’t wait to see it! :)

Jasmine

Posted at 11:22 PM on July 1, 2010

I was at the midnight premiere and after seeing both Twilight and New Moon prior to the starting of Eclipse I have to say that this trailer did generate a lot of screams and jumping out of seats. However, living in Houston, TX and attending the movie at a Cinemark theater I would agree that the trailer should have been attached to a different movie not Eclipse because a lot of kids and teens went to see this movie and it being nighttime made it worse but it shouldn’t have been pulled completely from the theater.

sammy

Posted at 10:58 PM on July 1, 2010

ohh twilight chicks afraid scary movies? of course they complained, they were there to see twilight.