Bonnie Says: Chris Brown Shouldn't Be Smeared, But Mel Gibson Should Be Shunned!

Thu, July 1, 2010 8:10pm EDT by 94 Comments
Loading video...

Today there was incredibly disturbing news about two male stars of two very different generations.

Chris Brown, the 21-year-old R&B singer, who gave a tearful homage to Michael Jackson at the BET awards on June 28 was accused of using eye drops to fake his tears during an emotional and well-received performance.

The night was seen as a redeeming comeback for Brown, who had horribly assaulted his then-girlfriend Rihanna, almost a year and a half ago on Feb. 8, 2009.

After undergoing counseling, community service and publicly apologizing more than once, many people including myself felt that Chris now deserved a second change- to prove he could be a far better person, who would never lay a hand on a woman again.

But THEN, came the new accusation that his tears were fake with the implication that his remorse was false too.

Next, came word that RadarOnline.com had heard a tape of Mel Gibson, 54, once a well-liked star, venting in a racist, hate-filled rant against Oksana Grigorieva, the mother of his youngest daughter, 8 month-old baby Lucia.

He screamed that she looked like a “f***ing pig in heat,” and threatened that “if you get raped by a pack of n***ers, if will be your fault.” He called her other horrible names and threatened to “burn the f***ing house down.”

Not surprisingly, the couple had each filed restraining orders against each other, earlier this week.

It is disturbing, disgusting stuff!

It is scary to think that a little baby could be exposed to such violent, vicous rants, possibly fuled by alcohol.

Mel is known to have abused alcohol in the past, and famously went on an anti-semetic tear under the influence in 2006. At that time he nastily told a police officer : “f***ing Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.”

So here’s the deal– Mel — you’re done with second chances. You are unredeemable! Your problems are deep and you clearly are remorseless! Your racism and anti-semetism are unforgivable!

But Chris Brown is a different story. He has been falsely accused– smeared — by the accusation that he faked his tears with eye drops while performing his Michael Jackson tribute.

WE know that because our reporter stood within 10 feet of Chris backstage before, during, and after his BET performance and watched him like a hawk. Chris NEVER used eye drops – his tears WERE real!

Listen- trying to destroy a 21-year-old with a false accusation is just as bad as not condemning Mel Gibson for his disgusting behavior!

What do you think BFFs? Let me know.

— Bonnie Fuller

1. New Photos Will Show Oksana Grigorieva Bruised and Bloodied By Mel Gibson.
  1. Exclusive! Expert on Mel Gibson’s Tirade Against Oksana: ‘Physical Violence is Very Likely’
  2. Exclusive! Child Services to Absolutely Investigate Whether Mel Gibson’s Baby Is Safe
  3. BREAKING NEWS: Mel Gibson’s Racist, Misogynist Rant Caught on Tape, Tells Ex-Girlfriend She Would Be ‘Raped by N***ers’
  4. Mel Gibson’s Ex Oksana Grigorieva Claims He Was Physically Abusive And Seeks Restraining Order, Actor Denies Charges.

Bethanie

Posted at 1:51 AM on July 3, 2010

3″Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Matthew 7:3-5 (New International Version)

No one’s perfect sweetie.

Me

Posted at 10:22 PM on July 2, 2010

People don’t realize that Chris grew up in an abusive household. Usually, kids that witness that, end up in the same type of relationship that the parent they most identified with, was in. He is a total “Mama’s boy”. Mama was in a relationship with someone who hurt her, guess what…he follows in her footsteps and gets with someone who hurts him. The struggle comes when he has had enough (b/c he is HUMAN), yet he doesnt want to react, b/c he saw how that type of behavior hurt the person he loves the most (MOM). Once he does “snap”, it hurts not only b/c of what he himself did, but because he saw the pain his mom endured. This person you HATED SOO MUCH for hurting your mom, you just did something they would do, and you hate yourself for it, but YOU’RE HUMAN.There is a whole show called “Snapped”, about women who had had enough and reacted. It’s SOOO important to set a good example for your kids.

Me

Posted at 10:08 PM on July 2, 2010

Unfortunately, I dont think it would be a good idea for Chris’s pics to be released. This country is abnormally cruel to black men and they don’t care about them being harmed (see Tiger Woods/wife with golf clubs, that Missouri football player/fiance threw him off back truck and left him like roadkill,Gary COleman/ex-wife arrested for domestic violence, had restraining order filed, refused to help while bleeding, didnt go to hospital with him, pulled the plug after 1 day,but walking around freely).

It won’t do any good. It will just give the media more stuff to give him a hard time about. They will crack jokes and do comedy skits and call him weak. No one truly cares that Rhi was abusive. A quick Google search would bring up that info.

James

Posted at 9:49 PM on July 2, 2010

You see the two people with so much hate is the two that is probably getting paid by that person who is blackballing Chris. This person is even paying people to come on these sites to spread hate for Chris. No one other than his fans have been speaking up for him until Chris performed. This is a blessing that you Bonnie was sent to tell us the truth. One thing I just have to say I myself did not like what Chris had done but he is paying for it everyday not only from the Judge??? But I have a feeling that the real truth will surface very soon. If only we can get those pictures of Chris that somebody was paid not to release them.

patricia

Posted at 8:46 PM on July 2, 2010

Hollywoodlife.com/ Bonnie I want you to just read all the hate that a couple of people have. It could be one of them spreading these lies also

Eduardo

Posted at 8:03 PM on July 2, 2010

smooth 88 instead of praying for other people. try a little of that prayer b.s for yourself. thats right for yourself and pray that you never find yourself in that kind of a situation and we will see how quickly you change you tone..
what not so smooth now !!!

Smooth88

Posted at 9:35 PM on July 2, 2010

Wow buddy…I’m a very prayerful person thank you very much. I pray for myself as well as my loved ones and I am very blessed and I thank God everyday. I’ve been in a relationship for a little over 6 years now and neither of us has ever laid a hand on each other. Maybe you should try praying that you will never find yourself in a situation where you lose your temper and hurt the one you love and have EVERYONE judge scrutinize you. See how quickly YOU change YOUR tone when it’s YOU asking for forgiveness…I’m not going to call you names, I’m a adult and that’s just immature.

And not only am I smooth, I’m WAVY! hahaha! =)

Eduardo

Posted at 10:11 PM on July 2, 2010

smooth88 you should consider yourself lucky friend and again pray for yourself and your loved ones because you never know what you have till you lose it.
i don’t speak from anger smart ass i speak from experience you see my aunt is one who now is six feet under thanks to an abusive boyfriend.there is nothing more than i dislike is someone who preaches and doesn’t know the first thing about god or love till they feel the pain of loosing the one they hold most hold dear. and fell that pain each and every day especially during the holidays.
the second thing i dislike from people like you is to excuse this kind of behavior by saying things like yeah but it was just this one time. you should pray for yourself. pray that you never get angry at you loved ones and wind up losing you temper and hurt the ones you love. i promise you pal you change you tone real quick so quick you won’t see it coming!!
i tell you from experience it’s not a pretty sight dear friend….

Eduardo

Posted at 10:13 PM on July 2, 2010

i don’t speak from anger smart ass i speak from experience you see my aunt is one who now is six feet under thanks to an abusive boyfriend.there is nothing more than i dislike is someone who preaches and doesn’t know the first thing about god or love till they feel the pain of loosing the one they hold most dear. and feel that pain each and every day especially during the holidays.
i tell you from experience it’s not a pretty sight dear friend….

Smooth88

Posted at 10:55 PM on July 2, 2010

A lot of us should count our blessings. And I do consider myself lucky and you should too! We’ve all lost someone close to us and the pain is always deep. But we always remember those people, and they always have a special place in our hearts. I also speak from experience; I’ve also lost friends due to violence. But I do not let those feelings that I have for those responsible affect how I feel about other people and their situations because their situation is not my situation. I also have friends who have committed violent acts and friends who have done other things who totally regret their actions to this day! They have been forgiven, they have changed and they have never repeated that act again.

By me stating that the CB/Rihanna incident happened once does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT equate to me “excusing” what happened, never! All I was trying to say is that it is not a habit of CB’s and that he IS redeemable, he IS capable of changing if only people would give him the chance. We do not want people who have done bad things to continue doing bad things, we want people who have done bad things to change and do good things. He messed up MAJORLY and he does deserve to be punished for his crime, and he was punished, and he is taking his punishment. How long is one person suppose to suffer from a mistake they made once, a mistake they are getting help for and a mistake they vow to never make again?

I know a lot about my God and I know a lot about love and compassion and healing and forgiveness and redemption. I have no violence in me. Of course I am human and I get angry at times, but never enough to lash out at anyone. You don’t have to worry about me there, I promise you. But like I said before, I hope you do not find yourself in a position where you are being judged by the world for something you regret and are asking for forgiveness. I promise you your tone will change. It will be a very humbling experience.

And I say this with the utmost love and respect, from human to human. That’s real.

Venus

Posted at 11:20 PM on July 2, 2010

Wow! *standing ovation* that was beautiful! God, love, compassion, healing, forgiveness and redemption! You were preaching! Lol that was a beautiful message or should I say sermon?

I agree 1000%. No one is asking anyone to go out and buy his music, or to go to his concerts, or watch his movies, or to go out and obtain an official “Team Breezy” Stan card, or to even like the dude! You don’t have to like him, just let the kid LIVE!! Let him grow and mature! He’s only 21 and has decades ahead of, don’t write him off now without a chance to prove himself! Rhianna ain’t worried about Chris, so why is everyone else still stuck on “lynch the boy”???

Me

Posted at 7:44 PM on July 2, 2010

Annnd of course, Mel gets a pass and is back at work the next day. Annnd of course, Charlie Sheen still hasn’t DECIDED what punishment he would like to take and no one has a problem with it. HOw is it that no one cares that this man keeps hurting & threatening women and doesnt seem to ever have any remorse? HOw is this fair? He will end up killing some woman, but I guess that won’t be a big deal either b/c you all will just let him get away with it, YET again.

But of course a young black kid works for a year and a half to redeem himself b/c of something he did as a TEENAGER (1st time in trouble) and society wants him to keep suffering. I call racism!

ASHLEY

Posted at 6:42 PM on July 2, 2010

It’s weard that someone I don’t want to call any name went to Chris hometown VA radio station and was telling someone there Chris fans should not support him. And the bad thing is this same person blackballed him from everything. Chris was to tour and all of a sudden they said he could not come. But they knew about the situation with Chris so someone propably that same person had him block from going to the UK where he sold out venues and he had just came back from Brazil with a sold out venues. I don’t like what Chris did but there is three sides to every story. Rihanna,Chris and the truth and someone out there know the real story. But why so much hate for Chris. I’ll tell you one thing this person that is hating on Chris must have alot of money to throw around to block anything Chris does. Media, Radio Stations, Overseas,banned from affairs Grammy’s etc. It was said that there were three people who call theirselves boycotting BET because Chris performed. And this is three well known money making people.

GoChris

Posted at 5:17 PM on July 2, 2010

Thank you Bonnie!!!

GoChris

Posted at 5:13 PM on July 2, 2010

I’m so tired of seeing little jealous white boys all over Chris’s articles……. YOU ARE MAD because all the ladies love CB…. LMAO

Bobby B.

Posted at 5:45 PM on July 2, 2010

And he loves them back…with his fists lol

Myrlande

Posted at 4:59 PM on July 2, 2010

OMG is all I have to say… Leave Chris Brown alone..! In regards to Mel Gibson, I guess he’s finally reach the grumpy old man stage…

Bobby B.

Posted at 4:36 PM on July 2, 2010

YOu can type all the essays you want, but…

Bottom Line: C Brown is pure criminal trash and those who defend him are just as trashy. Oh he can dance so lets ignore that hes an attempted-murderer lol..uh no.

If he ever drops another horrible album it will suffer the same fate as the last and he will be back to cryng and begging on twitter. great watching this pathetic worm squirm lol. DOnt worry CB fans im sure some other piece of garbage yet talented person needs your help…hey call up Mike Vick or OJ!

Smooth88

Posted at 4:45 PM on July 2, 2010

God Bless you…

Eduardo

Posted at 7:59 PM on July 2, 2010

smooth 88 may be you should try and explain your less than intelligent response to the thousands of women who are abused everyday by men like mr brown and then wind up six feet under!! or better yet smart ass maybe the next time i go to the cemetary to place flowers on my aunt’s grave who got stabbed ten times by her boyfriend you can explain it to her you loser!! don’t you get it you jerk abuse is abuse not matter that it were one time! it’s still
unacceptable behavior you moron!!!!

Smooth88

Posted at 10:16 PM on July 2, 2010

I am definitely not going to call you names, there is no need for that, but YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! Abuse is abuse and it is unacceptable! Not ONE person said that abuse was acceptable! I certainly did NOT. I said that they were BOTH wrong. I disagree with you saying my response was less than intelligent as all I did was repeat facts from the case. I’m curious as to what part of my “essay” got you so upset.

I definitely feel for those women who are abused everyday, those type of stories break my heart, they really do. But you cannot compare the two situations like that because they were not the same and happened under different circumstances. Those women’s situation is not Rihanna’s situation and that is one of the things I was trying to explain earlier. Rihanna was not “abused everyday” like those thousands of women you mentioned. Chris Brown has NOT abused “women” (plural) nor did he abuse Rihanna everyday like those “a-holes” that you mentioned. That is what I was trying to explain. It was a ONE time incident and YES it was still UNACCEPTABLE, I never said it wasn’t.

My heart goes out to you, your aunt and to the rest of your family. I also had a friend who was stabbed multiple times.

scrappy

Posted at 2:29 AM on July 6, 2010

and you know it was a “one time incident” how? rhianna said it happened more than once, it was the first time he got caught. but all means, believe him when he says it was the First time.

GoChris

Posted at 5:00 PM on July 2, 2010

BobbyB, LOL Don’t be jealous and Chris has many many many fans and that is why he won the fandamoneom and Rock the Mic award because of his fans.. Sorry you lose, Chris performance was fabulous and the haters knows it… The boy is HOT!!!

Smooth88

Posted at 5:26 PM on July 2, 2010

Girl…don’t even worry about him. You see the things he wrote? It is one things to disagree with what CB did and choose not to support (everyone has the right to do that) and another to just flat out hate. He is CLEARLY full of hate and is miserable so he tries to put other people down (even though his words have NO affect on CB’s life and wallet) to make himself feel, if even just an ounce, better about his life. I honestly can’t imagine having that kind of hate in my life. That is why I prayed for God to bless him, he needs it. lol

ASHLEY

Posted at 6:00 PM on July 2, 2010

go back on bossip you clown

Smooth88

Posted at 3:43 PM on July 2, 2010

…some people have allowed themselves to hate someone they have NEVER even met before so much that they will choose to believe any sort of ridiculous story because it gives them a reason to continue to hate (i.e. eye drops to cry) even when there is more sound and believable PROOF (i.e. Hollywoodlife being an eyewitness to him NOT using eye drops) that states the contrary. I think those “some people” have some issues and take way too much part in group-think.

“hmmm hollywoodlife said that they were 10 ft away from CB before, during and after the performance and know for a FACT that he did not use eye drops, but…I will believe US weekly’s far more ridiculous story only because I hate this celebrity I really know nothing about” …haha like come on! (i saw one commentor say they still believe US weekly and I just had to laugh…

Smooth88

Posted at 3:34 PM on July 2, 2010

Chris is not a serial abuser who was hitting Rihanna out of the blue. They both were angry, they both got in a fight, and it was a ONE TIME INCIDENT! In the 20/20 interview, Rihanna said from her OWN MOUTH that she did not lose consciousness and that CB NEVER hit her before and that it was the first time he “retaliated” (notice the choice of words). She also said from her own mouth that the more they fell in love with each other, the more dangerous they became with EACH OTHER. They were BOTH at wrong. So CB f**ks up ONE night…he apologizes, he takes his punishment, he does what the law is requiring him to do and does it well, did not place any blame on anyone but himself. Why can’t he get a chance to be better? He is going through counseling, are we to say that all forms are counseling are useless and will never help anyone? He can definitely change! He has never been in trouble before, and he has never been in trouble since. Everyone that knows him says he is a good kid. What makes people so sure that he will commit that violent act again? Especially when he’s getting help and after all he’s been/going through. I think a lot of people allow the media to influence their way of thinking far too much. I did not take the media’s word for it, but I formed my own thoughts about this situation. I’m 99% sure that you will never see CB in the news for hitting another female again (I say 99 only because I am not God). I also agree, that some of the things he did afterward were in poor taste, but he’s getting better and he’s maturing a lot as he should be. I say give Chris another chance. I think he made ONE huge mistake that he apologized for many times and is working on changing and getting better. Both Chris and Rihanna are trying to move on, and I wish them both the best.

Smooth88

Posted at 3:33 PM on July 2, 2010

The search warrant affidavit was not Rihanna’s words. If you go on the smoking gun to see the papers, you will see that it was NOT signed by Rihanna as is REQUIRED in an OFFICIAL POLICE REPORT, but by the detective in the case. The affidavit was completely one sided because CB was not there to give his side, instead he did it at the police station when he turned himself in. The affidavit was meant to convince a judge to allow the detectives to get the phone records. The actual police report was not released, only details from it.

Smooth88

Posted at 3:33 PM on July 2, 2010

A lot of people seemed to ignore the fact that Rihanna has a history of violent behavior (and CB does not) and that in the beginning of all the drama, TMZ reported that in the actual police report (not the search warrant affidavit, there is a difference between the two) Rihanna admitted to being the aggressor and attacking CB first while he was driving. TMZ also said this right before the preliminary hearing (I think it was June 20th, check their archives) when Rihanna was about to testify, TMZ said that Rihanna will have to talk about how she was the instigator and aggressor. CB originally pleaded not guilty and TMZ reported that his lawyer was going to use “self defense” as a possible defense in the case. TMZ was ready to clown CB for that too. If you haven’t noticed, the two lawyers Geragos and Etra were actually working together to work out a plea so that the case did not have to go to trial because BOTH parties did not want that. Etra, Rihanna’s lawyer said that Rihanna wanted CB to take the plea to avoid trial, so that is what happened (in a press interview afterwards, Etra said that Rihanna was very happy with the plea deal). CB pleaded guilty and took the deal and both parties were cool with that. The stay away order was a surprise that Rihanna and her lawyer tried hard to fight against. The stay away order wasn’t just for CB, Judge Schnegg said it was for Rihanna also, they BOTH have to stay away from EACH OTHER; Judge Schnegg knew that they were BOTH violent that night. We saw Rihanna’s picture (bruises and a busted lip) but we never saw CB’s mugshot and there have been talk that he also was bruised up pretty badly. The person who called 911 was a Rabbi in the neighborhood CB and Rihanna stopped at, who heard Rihanna screaming, he specifically said that she was NOT screaming for help (so she did not feel like she was in danger), but was just screaming in CB’s face and CB was standing there very calmly before he walked away. All of this information has been reported, but many mainstream outlets did not touch on it in detail. Instead they only focus on what they want, and what sells a story, what evokes emotion from the readers to get them to continue to tune in and to make CB look like some crazed monster. It’s all how the business works. They exaggerate and leave out details to make a story to make $$$.

GoChris

Posted at 5:07 PM on July 2, 2010

You are absolutely right, that is how it went down.. You are good!! but you did have proof, TMZ did report that she was the one that was abusive to him then and on other occasions….

TRUTH

Posted at 5:11 PM on July 2, 2010

Thank you Smooth!! You summed it up pretty nicely!!

For those who are comparing CB with repeat abusive offenders are MORONS! Yes he made a mistake, paid the price and have moved on!! All you who are passing judgement are not GOD! HE IS THE ULTIMATE JUDGE!!! I pray that you who are passing judgement won’t be in a situation where you will need forgiveness!!HYPOCRITES!!

Thank you once again Smooth for speaking TRUTH!!!!

Me

Posted at 10:01 PM on July 2, 2010

Love it! Unfortunately, much of society lacks critical thinking skills. Who usually bites in a fight, the winner or the loser (sorry CB)? Biting is a defensive move when there seems to be no other choice…in a headlock or hands are occupied ((DRIVING?)),etc. If I’m driving a car, HOW am I able to bite you unless a body part of yours is around my mouth/head for at least several seconds? If I am in a car with an ATTACKER, so I refuse to get out ANNNND get rid of the keys so my attacker can’t leave me? NO! That sounds like something the attacker would do, not the “victim”.

Sigh. Whatever. Karma Karma Karma all in due time. If a violent person (Rhi) never gets punished or forced to get counseling, they will continue their behavior.

Chris, keep your head up. I have known women who beat on their men and it’s NOT OK (and scary b/c men tend to be stronger) , no matter what this country says. Men are also human and have breaking points. Now that he is older, I hope he knows that love doesn’t involve abuse. He doesn’t have to follow in the footsteps of his mom. If they show abusive tendencies he needs to GET AWAY immediately.

Men should not hit a female, but if she is hitting a man, she is telling him to not treat her as a female, but as a FOE.

lynette

Posted at 11:48 PM on July 2, 2010

I AM ELATED WHEN I FIND SOMEONE ON A BLOG WHO IS SENSIBLE, I ALSO FEEL THAT CB SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO ENJOY HIS LIFE, HE IS EXTREMELY TALENTED AND IF THIS IS GOD’S WILL THERE IS NOTHING THE HATERS CAN DO BUT TRY TO LIVE THEIR OWN LIFE!!

Smooth88

Posted at 3:33 PM on July 2, 2010

This is going to be super long because I have a lot to say after reading some of the comments here…I apologize beforehand.

Yes, we know that CB hit Rihanna, but I think people are putting him in the category of a repeated domestic abuser (ex. Ike Turner, James Brown, CB’s stepfather), someone who bullies and tries to overpower their spouse, someone who beats on women for no reason but to only prove their dominance. Those are the type of men who have issues and feel that a man must have dominance over the woman as if she is his property. That is not the case with CB and Rihanna. CB is not an overpowering misogynist and Rihanna isn’t a scared and weak woman.

Alex

Posted at 3:21 PM on July 2, 2010

Us little people (who buy CD’s and movie tickets) will decide who will stay or go, not the entertainment mags or sites…..sorry Bonnie, but I love your site :)

My Voice

Posted at 12:02 PM on July 2, 2010

I just want to say that this clown Martin is typical of the people who will condemn Chris Brown but will make excuses for Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen and for those that can’t see what I’m saying,YOU BETTA ASK SOMEBODY!

Boo Hearne Carroll

Posted at 11:20 AM on July 2, 2010

If the words spoken by Mel Gibson to his ex-girlfriend had come from the mouth of, say, Tom Hanks to Rita Wilson, THEN it would be shocking! Mel Gibson is the son of a man whose religious and personal beliefs are so ‘out there’ that his childhood must have been a living hell. No wonder he isn’t screwed on right. It has been obvious for years that Mr. Gibson has emotional problems and has not gotten help for them in a professional setting. His Russian girlfriend has a history of bedding movie stars, having a child with them, and not ending up being married to them. She has issues as well. I do not feel sorry for her one bit. She will find yet another famous person to attach herself to in short order. His use of the N word is sad. He seems to dislike everyone.

Bobby B.

Posted at 10:46 AM on July 2, 2010

Chris Brown is pure felon trash and it’s so great to see him get what he deserves. It’s great to see his album flop, stores wont carry it and radio wont play it. He deserves everything he’s getting for the cockiness and self-entiltlement he dispayed even AFTER the incident. He’s pure trash and he most likely did fake those tears to try and make a comeback. Sorry Cb America stll knows you’re pure scum. I’ll trust USweekly on this since theyre track record (see John Edwards scandal) is strong

Eduardo

Posted at 12:10 PM on July 2, 2010

amen bobby b.every one wan’t to forgive mr brown. but they just want to hang mr gibson and on top of hanging him, then hang him out to dry!! why is that people. don’t we have better thing’s to worry about like our children and our children’s children. who will inherit this nasty world that this generation is leaving behind for them such as the poisonous air, and the toxic filled oceans!!
instead we all want to feel sorry for some cheap thus who’s way of life is being an abusive ass and making an idiot out of himself in front of millions of people. wow what a great headline getter and you know what we are all the fool’s for having fell for this publicity stunt of his.
shame on us!! as a society shame on us!!

Gigio

Posted at 12:59 PM on July 2, 2010

Ashley, you mean he wasn’t partying the day AFTER the incident? what rock are you living under? And on that Larry King interview he didn’t own up to what he did… instead saying “Whatever I did” Whatever? prick punched her to a pulp, and all he says is WHATEVER? he is a coward!!!

Lady

Posted at 1:44 PM on July 2, 2010

He is getting what he deserves? Well you said it yourself he is getting what he deserves lol. Airplay on radios again, music being purchased on iTunes like crazy, the respect of some again and the industry….wow and Good Morning America along with La Times praised him…and I would think they are bigger than US mag. And they aren’t the only ones to show him some respect. Well he sure did get what he deserved alright lol. You are sad…but whatever helps you sleep better at night. If you would like to think that his career is still the same place it was all year after that performance then Godbless you because you are delusional he is back. If it helps you sleep better at night to think he used tear inducing eye drops even though there is no posible way he could without someone seeing it and catching it with a camera or video and showing us visual proof then believe that hun lol….patheic! Welcome back Breezy!

lynette

Posted at 11:54 PM on July 2, 2010

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN, NOW CAN I GET A WHAT, WHAT!!

GoChris

Posted at 5:09 PM on July 2, 2010

Jealous?

Your girlfriend must like Chris because all the girls do.. LMAO

lmt

Posted at 9:24 AM on July 2, 2010

PLEASE people let the Chris Brown/Rihanna incident end. My God Rihanna has moved on and Chris is trying to get his life together. Stop relating every new news story to one that happened almost 2 yrs ago. I have never seen a news story last this long. Either the media are bored or they are seriously out to ruin this young man–the same way they did MJ. Let the story go; it’s time to move on!!
As for I am not defending Mel Gibson but all this hate and there isn’t even proof that the tape exists–has any credible news outlet heard the tape? WTF are we now crucifying people based on hearsay?

Stew

Posted at 1:31 AM on July 2, 2010

When there are so many talented and decent people out there looking for attention, why waste our time on these scumbags?

Village

Posted at 9:29 PM on July 1, 2010

Chris Brown choked Rianna until she was unconsciousness. That can lead to brain damage or death. She was fortunate he let go when she passed out.

I agree that doesn’t reach the level of Mel Gibson’s mouth. We know he is a bigot, apparently a religious bigot. He professes to be a devout Catholic, but is a multicultural bigot who has father a child out of wedlock.

There is no real comparison, except Brown was probably acting when he was crying on stage. That is probably the only thing the two have in common.

maxxie

Posted at 9:39 PM on July 1, 2010

Please with the over dramatics..he did not beat Rihanna unconscious…if that’s the case than why was she able to check herself out of the hospital a few hours later? DUMMY!!!

Oh but Mel G gets a pass from you WHATEVER…freakin hypocrite!!!

Musikat11

Posted at 10:37 PM on July 1, 2010

Maxxie, I’ll bet your age is higher than your IQ. Nuff said.

And you need to look up “cretin” in the dictionary.

Musikat11

Posted at 10:55 PM on July 1, 2010

Village, the facts of the Brown assault on Rihanna aside, you’re absolutely right. But I have to emphasize that I think Mel Gibson’s words were deplorable. No doubt about it. He’s a vile, disgusting man.

However, words, while they can be horrible, aren’t violence.

Actions still speak a lot louder.

Village

Posted at 11:48 PM on July 1, 2010

He didn’t just beat and slap her. He choked her until she lost consciousness. Google it.

Musikat11

Posted at 1:34 PM on July 2, 2010

Village,

I Googled it. Don’t know if Rihanna has since said it did not occur, but it doesn’t really matter if he choked her or not. The fact that hit her at all is speak volumes about the kind of man he is.

And as I said in my earlier post, it’s only a matter of time before he does this to another woman. Remember, you heard it hear first. ;-P

michele

Posted at 10:27 PM on July 1, 2010

To Village

You are being dramatic, Rihanna herself said she NEVER lost consciousness and I don’t know if you people know what a contusion is–it’s another name for bruise. So she had bruises and a bloody lip according to her own affadavit. Unless you know something the rest of the public doesn’t know.

What I’m saying here is that the MEDIA did a great job of dramatizing the assault and you folks believed everything you heard, still saying things that aren’t true. You just have to use a level of common sense that is not being exercised by loads of people.

I am actually surprised that the media is still trying to drill this boy but is completely quiet on others accused of abuse. 40 year old men (Charlie Sheen) and 50 yr old men ( mel Gibson) who have had a real HISTORY of abuse ( physical and verbal )get a pass, I guess maybe their “victims” aren’t likeable enough, they are not stars, just “gold- diggers”- right? So their safety is obviously less important, i guess. The eyedrop story is stupid and doesn’t make sense.

That you Bonnie for your well informed and well thought out piece here.

Village

Posted at 11:49 PM on July 1, 2010

Google it. She lost consciousness due to his choking her. She reported that to the police.

Bethanie

Posted at 1:28 AM on July 3, 2010

Alright, if she lost consciousness, than how was it possible for her to call the police or yell for help. Losing consciousness means that you are knocked out cold, and as I recall…no one found her on the street. She probably meant that she blacked out a bit, but I know for a fact that she didn’t lose her conscience. Clearly, she was lying, and no one is going to do anything about it. Typical societal ways.

Misty

Posted at 1:56 AM on July 2, 2010

You are overdramatic as hell. And NONE of us were in the car to even know what happened. There are so many holes in that police report:

1. If Rihanna was UNCONSCIOUS, HOW did she get kicked OUT the car and YELL for help???

2. We didnt even see Chris to see the damage SHE caused

No one is disputing the fact that Chris was wrong, but so is Rihanna! They BOTH put themselves in that situation. Regardless of if you ae a man or a woman, keep your hands to yourself! What’s done is done and its 16 months later. No way should a changing man still be ostracized for something he did as an immature boy. Chris is still growing and learning. He’s doing a lot of good thigs and its time we gave him a second chance to show us that he has changed.

Let’s remember this is Chris’ FIRST crime. Unlike Charlie Sheen who’s had a HISTORY of abusing women and drugs. Unlike Eminem who beat on his wife Kim. Unlike so many others that have done worse yet have been forgiven countless times!

GoChris

Posted at 5:11 PM on July 2, 2010

I guess you didn’t see rihanna’s interview.. Stop spreading lies, LIAR!

Musikat11

Posted at 9:19 PM on July 1, 2010

Hello. I followed a forum link and just joined this site to respond to this particular article because I couldn’t believe what I was reading.

Frankly, I am more than a little bit puzzled. Mel Gibson is an absolute cretin, don’t get me wrong, but are you REALLY telling your readers that words are somehow worse than beating your girlfriend? Really?

Chris Brown doesn’t deserve to be smeared? Are you kidding me? Why not? He beat a woman badly enough to blacken her eyes and fatten her lip. Yes, he said he was sorry, but so what? Why does that mean he deserves automatic forgiveness from the public?

Neither one of these men are worth the time of day. I am surprised that you would tell your readers otherwise. I hope most of them aren’t drinking your Kool Aid.

Nicole

Posted at 9:40 PM on July 1, 2010

@Musikat11 hello I disagree I believe Chris has paid his dept from community service to raising money for DV you said should we automatic forgive him it’s been almost 2 years. He was a 19 year old kid both were young and madly in love a dangerous combo. He did not blacken her eyes yes her face was bad but not as you say. I believe what Bonnie is trying to ask is why is it that a grown man who’s already been down this road be given a chance but a kid with a first time incident must pay forever? I’m going to say the same thing goes to Charlie sheen no one cares about him right? because apparently we know he’s bad so no need to over react

Musikat11

Posted at 10:50 PM on July 1, 2010

Nicole, while I understand your point, and I agree that there’s a difference in the way Brown and Sheen have been treated, I really don’t have much sympathy for either of them.

Nor do I have any sympathy for Mel Gibson. As far as I’m concerned, all three could be put on an ice floe and our society will not have lost a single thing.

Gigio

Posted at 1:03 PM on July 2, 2010

Completely agree with Musikat.

Musikat11

Posted at 1:26 PM on July 2, 2010

Gigio,

Don’t you wonder how long it’ll be before Brown beats up the next woman?

I’m expecting it to happen in 3…2…1.

But seriously, you KNOW it will happen again. It probably happened before Rihanna. This guy is a creep. It’s only a matter of time.