Have you seen Eclipse yet? Before you do, maybe you should read what the critics have to say about the latest chapter in the Twilight saga!
The reviews are in! At the stroke of midnight, Eclipse premiered in hundreds of theaters across the country, and with it came some mixed reviews from critics. Although reviewers aren’t unanimously raving about the film, many seem to agree that if you’re a Twi-hard, you’ll definitely enjoy it! Here’s what some top film reviewers thought of Eclipse:
- “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is like some broodingly repressed wide-screen youth-pop melodrama from the 1950s — and I mean that as a compliment. The story, at heart, is earnest and humorless teen romantic glop, but its feelings aren’t fake, and the movie is compulsively watchable; it has a passionflower intensity.” — Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
- “Desire might as well be the brand name for the blend of natural and artificial flavors that infuses this wildly popular series of books and films. ‘Eclipse,’ the middle installment — Stephenie Meyer’s four books will be made into five movies — raises the level of romantic intensity considerably, and also nudges Bella’s heretofore somewhat abstract longings decisively in the direction of physical lust.” — A. O. Scott, The New York Times
- “If you adore Meyer’s characters already, you’ll be thrilled to spend more time with them. If you don’t, well, you’d just end up sitting among a bunch of sighing teens (and their moms), wondering what the fuss is about.” — Claudia Puig, USA Today
- “It goes without saying that the faithful will devour “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse,” the third movie in Stephenie Meyer’s immensely popular supernatural love-triangle saga, and also the one in which Bella must finally choose between her two beastly suitors. The pleasant surprise this time around is that the result finally feels more like the blockbuster this top-earning franchise deserves.” — Peter Debruge, Variety
But the important question is: What did YOU think of Eclipse? If you were one of the many Twi-hards who flocked to last night’s midnight showing, we want to hear what you thought of the movie! Drop us a comment below with your personal review of Eclipse.
— Courteney Palis
Get more on the ‘Eclipse’ crew:
- Ashley Greene or Kristen Stewart, who wore ‘Eclipse’ braids better!
- ‘Eclipse’: Best Twilight Movie Yet! It Doesn’t Matter If You’re Team Edward Or Jacob, This Is Definitely Something We Can All Agree On!
- Kristen debuts two dresses before breakfast! check out the dress swap
- Bonnie recommends: ‘Eclipse’- The best Twilight movie yet!
- Watch! Bonnie & Chloe’s ‘Eclipse’ Debate: Should Bella Be With Jacob Or Edward?
- Huh? Kristen Stewart Says Rob Pattinson is NOT her Top Pick for “Best Kisser!!” Who Is?