KIRSTIN ADMITS DEFEAT! Kristen Stewart Really IS The Coolest Girl In Hollywood & A Great Role Model For Girls!

Sat, June 26, 2010 1:25pm EDT by 27 Comments
Loading video...

I’ve hated on K-Stew for years, but after meeting her at the Eclipse premiere last night, I finally understand what the hype is all about

Kristen Stewart has always bugged me. I love the Twilight books, but never imagined someone like K-Stew playing Bella. Her voice is too raspy, I don’t like her style and worst of all, she always acts too cool for school. I’ve wanted to shake some sense into her for a LONG time.

But now I come to you, K-Stew lovers, with my tail between my legs. I have to admit, your girl is pretty darn amazing — and a perfect role model for young girls, in a weird kind of way.

As my (former) least-favorite leading lady made her way down the red carpet at the Eclipse premiere in Los Angeles June 24, she gave one interview that forever changed my opinion of her.

“What advice would you give to young women who have body image issues?” a reporter asked the 20-year-old actress.

Kristen paused for a nanosecond before giving her true opinion. “Be healthy and f— everyone. Like, seriously, whatever,” she said, while flipping the camera off.

For once, I FINALLY agree with her. Hollywood (and all of us in the media) put out these completely unrealistic images of picture perfect women. Girls shouldn’t feel like they need to be a size 2 or 4 to be pretty. It’s an unrealistic expectation that’s giving society a warped perception of beauty, and it made my day to hear the most popular actress in Hollywood send a message I respect her fans.

Now I get why people are so obsessed with this girl. She’s NOT picture perfect, she DOESN’T buy into the whole glamorous thing, and she doesn’t try to. She clearly doesn’t care what people think about her, and that’s awesome. For the first time, I think I’ve seen the light…

Hi, my name is Kirstin and — dare I admit it? — I’m a K-Stew lover!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

SunBurn

Posted at 10:05 PM on June 29, 2010

I work for a local ED awareness group, and I wish I could quote her on this one! Too bad the parents wouldn’t look too kindly at her use of words.

We need more celebs standing up for health! In a more easily digestible public form, of course, but this is seriously important stuff. It’s a point too infrequently made – especially to young girls – by those in Hollywood.

xoxocardinal

Posted at 1:13 PM on June 29, 2010

Kirstin, if you actually like Kristen now (which who the hell knows because you change your mind every time a new Twilight movie comes out) do her a favor. Stop calling her K-Stew. I bet she absolutely hates that. She is self-proclaimed as ‘awkward’ and already struggling with her celebrity as is. I imagine that she finds that name absolutely putrid. Call her Kristen, it isn’t that hard.

Also, from her comment about body image, it’s very clear that she has no desire to be a role model (which I think is great.) She swears to the media and flips them off. She openly smokes cigarettes and marijuana in public. She is who she is, and couldn’t care less what HollywoodLife thinks of her.

You are a great writer, so you should spend your time on something more important than being completely illogical about Kristen Stewart. She’s not a “great role model” but she is also not a hateful person. She’s just trying to act (her passion) and navigate this overwhelming craze. Write about her relationship with Robert. Write about her new hair cut. Write about what she thinks of the new movie. But quit posting mindless editorials about her moral character.

Steff17

Posted at 2:37 AM on June 29, 2010

kristen is awesome!!

toad

Posted at 8:23 PM on June 28, 2010

the writer of this said “a perfect role model for young girls, in a weird kind of way.” its not like she is saying this girl is perfect. relax.

Judy

Posted at 8:18 PM on June 28, 2010

No edie – so many TROLLS here! hahaha

edie

Posted at 8:15 PM on June 28, 2010

So many jealous people here.

leslie

Posted at 8:13 PM on June 28, 2010

I agree, jakki. I get the message and I like what she means, just not how she says it.

jakki

Posted at 5:26 PM on June 28, 2010

“Be healthy and f— everyone.” Great words from a “great” actress who inspires our young girls to curse and follow it up with “seriously… whatever.” Wow.

Of course I get the message behind the off-color language, and I happen to agree. But coming from Kristen, this statement would carry more “weight” if she didn’t look so sour most of the time, pale and scrawny herself. I’ll bet she’s constantly hungry, which would explain why she’s often so irritable.

niaya

Posted at 3:41 PM on June 29, 2010

jakki,i completly agree w/ you!
and yes,the comment would carry more wait if she wasn’t like a zero,pale and scrawny like Hollywood envisions the “perfect woman”.If she at least a little overweight,then that would be different-it would be coming from someone overweight and hollywood looked down on because of it.
and someone who curses as much as she does and is so akward her own body can not give out advice such as this and is not a good role model for those under her.

@Shelly
“Be healthy, ‘f’ everyone….”. She for got to add “but use a condom” after the ‘f’ everyone part. THAT’s imperative!
i started laughing after reading ur comment because i was thinking the same thing!

jab

Posted at 5:08 PM on June 28, 2010

kirstin you’re an idiot

newmoon

Posted at 3:13 PM on June 28, 2010

I’m so glad you see what the rest of us see in K-stew! To the rest of you haters…Kristen is young and she is gonna make mistakes along the way. Give it a rest already.

cindi

Posted at 3:10 PM on June 28, 2010

hey ‘mia’ – YOU sound like the moron

betina

Posted at 3:05 PM on June 28, 2010

While I don’t agree with the way Kristen got her message across (flipping off the camera, swearing) – I DO like the message.

Rainey

Posted at 3:03 PM on June 28, 2010

I think it’s great that you admit when you’re wrong :) I love that Kristen Stewart is staying true to who she is.

jen

Posted at 11:20 AM on June 28, 2010

Kirsten Benson, just ignore the ignorant.

love

Posted at 5:21 AM on June 28, 2010

Kristen is awesome.

just my opinion

Posted at 12:42 AM on June 28, 2010

Oh and just to add, since you have acclaimed her as a great role model for young girls..If my sweet, beautiful little girls, whom my husband and I spent every day trying our very best raising to be accomplished, well mannered and respectful (and respectable) adults, turned into pot smoking, foul-mouthed, miserable -when-they-have-soooo-much-to-be-grateful-for, young women..I would be somewhat disappointed…to put it lightly.

just my opinion

Posted at 12:32 AM on June 28, 2010

umm, yeah coming from someone who is what..100 pounds dripping wet? Please, every female celebrity says the same (though maybe in alot less graceful manner..) “be happy with who you are, and what you look like, it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks” standard speech, while they themselves spend most of their meals not eating, and tons of money on people who are paid alot to make them look awesome. I can’t believe this generic answer is what “won you over”..or was it just the way she exuded such poise and grace while doing so?..An this isn’t even me being a hater, I really haven’t much opinion on the subject of “is kstew awesome or not”. But honestly, what did you expect with that question? something like “oh, you know, dont be ugly or fat, that isnt cool, you should try to be like everyone else so that they like you”..??? really.

Greg

Posted at 3:18 PM on June 27, 2010

shes awful, who would want their daughter to idolize a girl who swears like a sailor, cannot act what so ever, and has the awkwardness and mannerisms of a disturbed person? just like rob, if it wasnt for twilight, no one would know who they were… ever.

Mia

Posted at 8:44 AM on June 27, 2010

Kristin (the “writer” not the actress)- you sound like a moron. You hated her because of the sound of her voice and that she was too cool for school? She’s a teenage girl, we are all too cool at that age. Hate is a pretty harsh and immature judgment for a grown woman to use here, don’t you think? Say you thought she had no talent or was wrong for the movies, at least that is relevant. Saying you hate a teenage girl for no reason just makes you sound caddy and jealous.

Stone

Posted at 12:50 AM on June 27, 2010

Zzzz….

Shelly

Posted at 7:34 PM on June 26, 2010

Aitch

Posted at 6:49 PM on June 26, 2010

She sounds a lot like Jodie Foster and has some of her mannerisms.
I really think KS is sublime!

MAYRA

Posted at 6:32 PM on June 26, 2010

yes hahahahahahahaha.

jasmine

Posted at 5:32 PM on June 26, 2010

Cool. Now you see what we K-Stew fans see.

claud

Posted at 5:18 PM on June 26, 2010

kudos! finally, some girl power support from this website. we must must must get off these women’s backs. fetishizing their appearances to a degree no one in real life could possibly address or care about is ruining our culture. i’d much rather focus on these actresses talents and personalities that critiquing what they wear ENDLESSLY. they’re all beautiful. they all look fine. their clothes are gorgeous.