Robert Pattinson Tries To Defend Kristen Stewart's Rape Comments…But BOY Did It Backfire!

Thu, June 24, 2010 10:03am EDT by 37 Comments

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Like a knight in shining armor Robert Pattinson came to his darling Kristen Stewart’s rescue to defend her from criticism over her remark that the paparazzi invasion of her privacy is like rape. But K-Stew ended up  putting her foot in her mouth again when she dared to insult the Queen of England.

Kristen Stewart took the interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine  to an entirely different place when she chimed in to say that she thinks Robert Pattinson can get away with a whole lot more than she can.

“You can say so much more than me. It’s insane….You’re really good, but you could say, “I just took a s***on the Queen’s face,” and people would be like, “Oh, I love him! I love him!”

We can’t imagine British fans of Twilight will take too kindly to having their matriarch defiled like this.

K-Stew’s remarks came as Rob was defending her against her previous foot-in-the-mouth statement that paparazzi invasion of her space was akin to the crime of rape. Rob claimed that the rape organizations who were upset by Kristen’s remarks had been baited by the media.

“None of those associations came out and gave a statement [criticizing Kristen] without being called upon by the media first — who were doing it specifically to get hits on their websites. That whole system of Internet journalists, where no one is called to account, is almost entirely about hate. All these people get away with doing it because they have no responsibility to anyone,” Rob told EW. “All they need is to get a salacious headline and people click on it, because it’s easy. And it’s quite good being part of these Twilight films because you have to give so many interviews all the time, you can defend yourself. That’s the only way. All of us stick together, as well. There are so many little nerds behind their computers, on their little blogs.”

Kristen admitted that she probably chose the wrong word to describe the pap’s actions, but she does believe that she was unfairly attacked for her statements.

“I used the wrong word. I should have said ‘violated.’ But I’m young and emotional. It’s just the way it goes sometimes. I probably shouldn’t say this, but I just feel like people got so excited once they saw that it was me. It was like, ‘Sweet! Let’s get her!’ And then for the people to exploit it under the guise of being morally upstanding is disgusting — and it embarrassed me because I was a part of it,” Kristen said.

This seems to be a case of the pot calling the kettle a jerk. It’s a little hard to take Kristen seriously as a morally upstanding woman when she later describes the act of defecating in the mouth of the Queen of England.

Read More About Twilight HERE!

1. ‘Eclipse’ On-The-Scene! Shawn Evans Has Been Camped Out Since Sunday And Asks: ‘Is Taylor Lautner Really Worth This Mess?’
  2. Check It Out! New ‘Eclipse’ Still Shows Dreamy Bella and Edward!
  3. Exclusive! RPatz Is So Hilarious That He Could Be A Stand-Up Comic, Says ‘Remember Me’ Co-Star
  4. Watch! Rob, Taylor, And New ‘Twilight’ Hottie Xavier Dish On ‘Eclipse!’.

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Rylin Mariel Hansen

Posted at 4:13 AM on February 1, 2013

Y’all are just jealous…
Seriously, celebs, especially young ones, haven’t gotten used to needing to think about everything that comes out of their mouths. Kristen obviously has issues with impetuosity, but she was using the Queen picture as a metaphor, not suggesting that either she or Robert would actually defecate on the Queen’s face, for God’s sake. Get over it. Get your own life.

K-stew wannnabe

Posted at 5:06 PM on November 22, 2010

I think it’s ridulous that people are on here saying bad things about her, they don’t even know her, I don’t know her. So, why be so cruel? They are people too, people make mistakes. We all have at some point.

RJ

Posted at 2:21 PM on July 14, 2010

She’s a charmless, surly, immature, petulent actress with far too many hang-ups to deal with fame. She’s awkward, introverted and views herself as a victim. If she just wants to be an actress, fine, then go off Broadway or something. But she chose Hollywood and the life of a celebrity so she can shut the hell up and deal with it.

jen

Posted at 7:39 PM on June 27, 2010

Rib, is right again about this “little nerd” rant! Its all about hate isn’t it?

smiles

Posted at 6:28 AM on June 27, 2010

im english and i am not offended lol i like that rob stoodd up for her its cute =)
but kstews right he can get away with a lot more because hes a guy and has sex god hair
but yeah i love them both, dating or not

JBwife

Posted at 10:16 PM on June 26, 2010

its 2 long 2 read

Ellen

Posted at 10:10 PM on June 26, 2010

Who cares? Her line about the Queen is not offensive. She did not say that she disliked the queen, she was just making a joke. I had no knowledge of the rape thing until now and all I know is that she makes a good Bella and that her and Robert should get married, but I guess they will in upcoming Twilight. :)

bitterpug

Posted at 10:07 PM on June 26, 2010

“Gossip’ sites like this one are the same as fan fiction sites.

Made up stories made up by people who think way more about famous people than famous people think about them.

Running these websites seems on par w/phone soliciting. I hope you make enough $$$ off this to make this worth your while. Otherwise, wow.

Alison

Posted at 8:42 PM on June 25, 2010

I’m British. And I don’t even particularly like Kristen Stewart… but her comment about the queen didn’t offend me or bother me at all – the context she said it in wasn’t offensive and unlike her rape analogy, it wasn’t out of line.

Please don’t claim to know how us British people will take her comment, because you clearly have no clue at all.

Actually, the only thing that bothered me about what she said in this interview was the very thing she was aware she shouldn’t have said – she even says “I probably shouldn’t say this but…” because that analogy would’ve been out of line no matter who used it, she was wrong and she apologized for it, she shouldn’t ruin the apology by trying to justify it and insult the people who were offended by it.

ghostwriter

Posted at 8:20 PM on June 25, 2010

Oh, and the “queen” thing? She was obviously NOT insulting the queen. She was making a point about how she gets treated by the media and the fans. And she was, apparently, absolutely correct.

ghostwriter

Posted at 8:18 PM on June 25, 2010

I have never posted on one of these sites before, but this stuff is so ridiculous that I figured I’d take a second and respond.

I am not a Twilight fan, nor am I Stewart fan or a Pattinson fan. But seeing how people talk about them here makes my feel badly for them. Like people saying “she’s a bitch!” and things like that. Really? How do you know that? Do you know her? It seems to me that some people get a bit too caught up in the whole celebrity thing, and become somewhat delusional, as if they think they are really a part of these people’s lives.

I completely understand why Stewart feels violated. If every magazine I opened was full of psychotic weirdos calling me a “bitch” and stories full of lies and half-truths, I would feel a bit violated too. I think some of you people need to back away from the computer, turn off Extra!, and go get a friggin’ life.

katie

Posted at 6:46 PM on June 25, 2010

im british and if im honest the queen doesn’t really effect anyone and so many people make jokes about her no one really cares

Mitchie

Posted at 5:39 PM on June 25, 2010

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG I cant believe it this will ruin her career ??!!

reanie

Posted at 1:57 PM on June 25, 2010

Oh wow. This actress has LOTS of growing up to do. She should just refrain from giving interviews. Sorry, but she is bringing this all on herself from her stupidity and immaturity. yikes. She needs to shut it before she single handedly ruins her career!~ shutup already

Tee

Posted at 11:29 PM on June 24, 2010

This site is total garbage. It does nothing but tell lies, half-truths and takes things out of context. Most of you on here need to grow up. You’re nothing but pathetic jealous haters. So sad. Your ignorance shows. Very shameful.

Zen

Posted at 5:56 PM on June 24, 2010

Please, these guys are normal people, just let them be who they are. Most of us enjoy their interviews better than those from other stars because they are not permanently posing, and they try to speak their minds, instead of the PR script.

Rose

Posted at 2:49 PM on June 24, 2010

I just read this great quote about articles like this one…

“That whole system of Internet journalists, where no one is called to account, is almost entirely about hate. All these people get away with doing it because they have no responsibility to anyone…All they need is to get a salacious headline and people click on it, because it’s easy.”

emma

Posted at 2:10 PM on June 24, 2010

I feel as if Rob is an enabler. He’s so in love and dazzled by her he can’t see that she can be a real bitch. Anytime anything bad happens she just runs and whines to him and he probably makes her feel as if she’s never wrong about anything. I’ve never heard him speak this angrily before. He was obviously very upset that she was upset.

gbtw

Posted at 2:40 PM on June 24, 2010

the very idea of you calling her a “real bitch” is hysterical. lol… in between laughter, i’d ask if you were kidding, but i know that you’re completely serious. she’s young enough to take all of this stuff personally, that’s probably why she has a hard time smiling- b/c all of rob’s fans (like you) hate her and are delusional!!! i’d fear for my life if i were her, b/c rob’s fans are CRAZY! hang in there kristen! it’s just the loonies that hate you, the rest of us normal people think you’re a cute kid.

smiles

Posted at 6:34 AM on June 27, 2010

im a rob fan and i totally agree with you i like the girl
people dont know her how can they call her a bitch???
im soo sure its due to jealousy…because ive seen all these comments of hate about her that have NO basis,
she apologised for something in my view that she didnt need to apologise for, siiighs,
she apologised and to me it was sincere and people keep telling her to grow up..what exactly does that mean?
she apologised and rob is sticking up for her….she didnt particularly do anything wrong..GAH people..this is ridiculous.

Lira

Posted at 6:53 PM on June 24, 2010

I think you’re exactly one of those people that Kristen was talking about. It’s all Kristen’s fault to you? Get your head out of those trashy magazines. They’re not even dating.

bitterpug

Posted at 9:57 PM on June 26, 2010

You need to stop pretending you know your ‘pretend friends.’ That psychosis.

May

Posted at 1:35 PM on June 24, 2010

Grow up Kristen!!
Don’t you see that Rob is trying to help you?!

Rob… You’re too good for her…
Think what would happen if she’ll be your wife …
She will use you,
She’s indifferent and bad!!
Think about your future!!!!!!!
You don’t want to be depressed…right?

… May

tinamarie

Posted at 1:47 PM on June 24, 2010

I think someone else needs to do a little growing up..Just saying..

May

Posted at 2:53 PM on June 24, 2010

What do you care what I think?
You need to express your opinion about the article … Not me!
Everyone has a different opinion ..
and everyone need to respect different opinions!
I do not want to go down to your level!
I have something to answer you … But I’m a little more mature!

Zoe

Posted at 3:54 PM on June 24, 2010

May is right!!!
Kristen is a bitch!!
And that is my opinion!!!!
You (tinamarie) and her must grow up!!!!!

tinamarie

Posted at 8:59 AM on June 25, 2010

Honey, I am a grown up. That’s why I commented on the artical and not thier personal lives. I don’t care what they do in private. I’m not even a huge Kristen fan but she is unfairly attacked all the time and you two prove that point. I don’t go around calling people that I don’t know and whom have no part in my life what so ever dirty names. I mean you have to be a kid and if your not than that’s just disturbing that you put so much hate towards these acters. You need help and I hope you get it. Good luck.

Lira

Posted at 6:55 PM on June 24, 2010

You’re pretty sad. They’re friends, sweetie, so stop with all conspiracies. I think you’re the one who needs to grow up.

tinamarie

Posted at 1:13 PM on June 24, 2010

I don’t think this interview backfired at all. I agree with the posters below. This kind of artical is exactly what they are talking about. You take one thing she says and twist it to get your headlines. She isn’t the greatest at using the right words sometimes but not in this case.

gbtw

Posted at 2:24 PM on June 24, 2010

i agree. what will happen eventually is that they’ll just stop being honest and give canned boring answers so that they can avoid the foolish twisting that goes on in the entertainment media, particularly the online media. i’ll enjoy their young honesty while it lasts, but the twisters will ruin it eventually. i’m not sure why people hate kristen, but, i can see it actually is upsetting to her. i guess that’s the price of fame. she seems like a good kid.

gabs

Posted at 1:02 PM on June 24, 2010

I cant believe out of that whole statement you are trying to say she is attacking the queen. Shes trying to say he can get away with anything and she cant and shes RIGHT because all you do is criticize and attack her. never him! People are so stupid

gabs

Posted at 1:00 PM on June 24, 2010

omg you are proving her point EXACTLY. You think she was actually offending the queen? STOP overanalyzing every little thing!!! This website is exactly what they are talking about! Way to prove their point. How ironic. You guys are always making up things about them and getting away with it!!!

disco

Posted at 11:39 AM on June 24, 2010

She looks great here

nora

Posted at 10:41 AM on June 24, 2010

Once again in this interview I see Kristen Stewart complaining; now, it’s the media who are out there to get her!! Well….they didn’t put dumb words in your mouth girl, YOU DID!! js!

Zoe

Posted at 10:48 AM on June 24, 2010

She and Rob spoke the truth. Sites like hollywoodlife get away with posting blatant lies and no one says anything. The funny thing is your sites doesn’t seem to even get that the nerds behind the computer screens Rob was talking about are you and your crew.

gabs

Posted at 1:04 PM on June 24, 2010

They do get it. Thats why they are mad at them for calling them out.

ummm

Posted at 4:35 PM on July 9, 2010

if sites like this are so bad why are you on them commenting on posts and reading them ;)