Rachel Zoe Confirms Reports Her Former Assistant, Taylor Jacobson, Stole While Filming 'The Rachel Zoe Project'!

Wed, June 23, 2010 1:46pm EDT by 9 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

This news is bananas! Get ready to see Tay get fired on camera!

We already knew Taylor Jacobson, Rachel Zoe’s former right hand, was no longer working with the super stylist, but it turns out the rumors are true — Rachel’s old assistant was stealing! And that’s not all, when The Rachel Zoe Project is back on Bravo on Aug. 3, get ready to watch the whole thing go down in front of the camera! Rachel opened up to WWD saying, “And I, like, did not see that coming. I always knew what she was capable of, but who knew that was going to happen with the camera?”

Don’t expect to see a reconciliation between the two any time soon, according to Rachel! When asked if the two kept in touch, her response was, “I don’t care what she does. How’s that? How’s that for an answer?”

-Katrina Mitzeliotis

Babs

Posted at 6:22 PM on July 28, 2010

I think it is sad that Rachael would even out Taylor if she stole. Why not take it to the police if she is a thief. I am an employer and would never tell my other employees someone stole from me even if was on film. All Brad needs to know is that Taylor is gone. Good for Taylor, best of luck in your new endevors she seemed very under appreciated anyway. As for Rachael, PLEASE EAT SOMETHING!!!

shan

Posted at 2:52 PM on August 2, 2010

i understand what ur saying but ive worked in retail and a manager was fired for stealing and everyone found out. i guess you tell other employees so they know things like stealing will be dealt with. saying he got fired doesn’t really say much to employees who might consider doing the same thing

Crystal Pistol

Posted at 10:29 PM on July 27, 2010

I dont belive it for one second! One were dealing with a reality show that’s one dimensional and only going to show Rachel’s point of view and no one else’s. Everyone wants to see some drama and see the bad girl go down, but it’s bull. Taylor was a a hard worker and was unappreciated overall. Her gay nemesis Brad received all the glory while she was stuck in the office doing the work. I am glad she ventured out on her own and got away from the coke whore we know as Rachel Zoe. Come on now girlfriend made the show. There wont be much entertainment unless maybe Zoe actually works on the show (wont hold my breath).

hokey pokey

Posted at 12:38 PM on July 8, 2010

it’s a common problem. disgruntled employee feel slighted and whether it’s post-it’s or designer dresses, a sense of some satisfaction and entitlement is gained from such thieving from the bossman. i knew a celeb designer whose assistant used to charge loot on the corporate card thinking the gal wouldn’t notice. i’m talking tens of thousands of dollars.

too much trust, too little oversite. but like, you could see this coming a mile away.

kenzie

Posted at 12:24 AM on July 6, 2010

I dont believe Taylor stole anything she worked very hard for Rachel..Rachel should have taken her to Paris…her parents even helped her work..of course this is a reality show…but..Brad didnt work as hard as Taylor..he did kiss Rachel ass more..tho didnt he..he joked around…their line of work is so stressful on award show days..Taylor got the job done..team Taylor

Greg

Posted at 2:46 AM on June 27, 2010

pretty sure diane = taylor. she was a whiny brat, 3.5 yrs as an assistant does not make her a stylist like rachel. she was painful to watch.

staubber

Posted at 3:13 PM on June 23, 2010

Oh.My.Gosh!!!!!!!!!!! I knew that there had to be something for her to quit/got fired I mean she threatened to quit many times and sometimes when an employee feels used and the person that can do the job correctly,and maybe hiding things………tyey feel a little entitled and maybe take advantage of their employer …..I’m just saying

and yeah maybe its publicity because that is what reality TV cast members do, they lie………..

Diane

Posted at 3:05 PM on June 23, 2010

I don’t believe it just because Rachel Zoe says it true. Rachel also says she doesn’t have a eating disorder and all you have to do is count her ribs to know that’s not true. Taylor did most of the work around there anyway with no promotions or gratitude. Why would she steal? She can’t even fit into those clothes. I’m not going to be watching the new season. Taylor was the only reason I watched for this long

Joan

Posted at 11:09 PM on July 7, 2010

Ok Diane, you love Terror/Taylor…you watch the show , it’s obvious you will watch again, you comment on Rachel being thin (there’s sme earth shattering news), yeah we all saw the pictures on the gossip rags, they NEVER lie,like Terror. Poor poor TayTay, always doing the bitching, I mean working.