EXCLUSIVE! Sorry, Ladies — But Casey James Only Plans On Dating His Exes Now That He’s Famous!

Tue, June 22, 2010 12:47pm EDT by 7 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Casey wants to date women that love him for him – and not just because he was on a TV show.

Out with the old and in with the new? Not so much the credo for American Idol’s season 10 third place contestant Casey James. In fact, the luscious-locked guitar player from Cool, Texas feels safer dating his exes now that he’s found fame (and maybe fortune) as a TV star!

“I have some special girls that I have known in the past I think about leaning toward, revisiting — something along those lines — just because they know who I am and knew me before this,” Casey, 28, told Hollywood Life.com June 17 at the Idol summer tour kickoff press conference in LA, explaining how his newfound fame has changed his outlook on dating. “It’s just a different thing, you have to worry about ulterior motives, you never know — but right now, I am so busy that it doesn’t even compute or matter.”

We don’t want to dash ALL your hopes, so we’ll tell you this – despite being gun-shy of dating new women, Casey hasn’t entirely given up on love – he’s just looking for the right gal.

“Finding somebody to spend the rest of my life with is a goal of mine,” he said. “It’s not one you necessarily pursue, but you kind of just hope for the best. I’ll figure that all out by the way things go.”

Good luck, Casey. And good luck to all the ladies that love you out there, too. May the best woman win!

Kirstin Benson

Get More on this Hot Idol Star:

1. EXCLUSIVE! Crystal Bowersox Gets Over Her Split With A Little Help From Casey James!
  2. Bret Michaels & Casey James: It Was Hottest Moment of Idol When You Two Did Your Surprise Duet!
  3. EXCLUSIVE! Damn — Casey James Nearly Went Pant-less On ‘Ellen!’

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

donna

Posted at 7:11 PM on November 13, 2010

If his ex wanted him she would still be with him. He needs to go forward even in love. He should be worried about her motive now. Leave hin when he struggles but remain his friend just in case and then when he makes it shes there to love him again? Come on Casie. Dont be stupid. It doesnt matter how much your Mom loves her. She is not your wife because she chose not to go for the ride. The struggling ride. She should not be there when it gets smooth. There is a star out there that wants and thinks the same way you do and is equal to you. Dont do it casey. Wake up . She may be a nice girl but she DIVORCED you for a reason.

darlene

Posted at 11:36 PM on September 16, 2010

I think that the LAST thing Casey has to worry about is women wanting him for his money only. Right?

kalyani (india)

Posted at 4:26 AM on June 24, 2010

casey…how would have i know u, if i not seen u on TV. I am waiting for your reply for all my messages posted on the FAce Book. I never watched english channel in my life. It was first time when i was changing the channel i got to see u. Its purely god’s decision. I hope one day we both meet.

CoolCJFan

Posted at 11:35 PM on June 30, 2010

Casey isn’t on facebook, those are all fan run sites. Follow him on twitter at @CaseyEJames

tina

Posted at 11:02 AM on June 23, 2010

Love Casey,he is a very talented guy who I think is going to be very successful. I also wish him the best in finding the right lady.

Nadia

Posted at 8:26 AM on June 23, 2010

Well Casey has been flirty with Orianthi.

tinamarie

Posted at 3:16 PM on June 22, 2010

I love Casey. On another note, not to be nit picky but whatever happened to using proper grammar and proof reading? Just asking.