Chelsea’s July 31 wedding at Astor Courts in Rhinebeck, N.Y., isn’t just the wedding of the century — it’s also one of the most expensive ceremonies ever!
High profile Massachusetts event planner Bryan Rafanelli is treating Chelsea Clinton‘s wedding like it’s a top-secret, classified mission — he’s not even divulging any of the details to the guests! But that isn’t keeping loose-lipped staffers from spilling every detail of Chelsea’s big day! The roughly 500 guests are certainly going to be celebrating in the lap of luxury, as the wedding reportedly is costing the Clintons a whopping $3 million!
Here’s a run-down of just SOME of the shocking costs of Chelsea’s big day:
- The guests will party underneath lavish tents, totaling $600,000
- The flowers for Chelsea’s big day cost an unthinkable $500,000
- Transportation for guests and the bridal party is costing them $500,000
- Chelsea will be wearing $250,000 worth of jewelry
- Security for the wedding will cost $200,000
- The wedding planner is reportedly charging $200,000
- A $100,000 media consultant has been hired to manage publicity for the big day
- A photographer/videographer has been hired to capture every moment for $40,000
- Chelsea will be wearing a $25,000 wedding dress, designed by Vera Wang
- Even the toilets are expensive! $15,000 is being spent on bathroom amenities for guests
- The wedding cake costs a whopping $10,000
- The hand-painted aisle runner costs a staggering $10,000
“The wedding planner will contact each guest directly a week in advance and let them know where it is,” a top Clinton fundraiser tells New York magazine of former First Daughter Chelsea Clinton and 3G Capital investment banker Marc Mezvinsky‘s super secret wedding.
Sources confirm to the mag that Chelsea’s July 31 wedding, which has a 400-person guest list, will not be taking place on Martha’s Vineyard like previously speculated. The ceremony and party will be held at a “still-secret” location within a 3 hour drive of New York City where the couple currently lives, says an insider. (Martha’s Vineyard is about a 5 hr 30 minute drive from NYC along I-95 according to Google Maps, and that doesn’t include the ferry ride across the Vineyard Sound.)
To make it easier for her parents to keep the party more exclusive, Chelsea created a “no-strangers” policy. People who she doesn’t know personally were not invited.
We also now know that President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle did not receive invitations to Chelsea’s big day. The president confirmed this July 29 on The View.
So who did make the cut? DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe, Bill Clinton’s special assistant Doug Band, former White House social secretary Capricia Marshall and top Hillary Clinton aide and former traveling chief of staff Huma Abedin, suggested an insider. Ron Burkle, who raised over $1 million for Hillary’s presidential campaign, is believed not to have been invited.
Chelsea, 30, met 32 year-old Marc during her high school years in 1993. They then both attended Stanford University, but didn’t start dating until years after graduation. They confirmed their engagement on Nov. 30, 2009.
— Lindsey DiMattina
Check Out More Scoop On Chelsea Clinton!
- Chelsea Clinton’s Wedding Of The Century Is Going To Shut Down New York Airspace!
- President Obama & Michelle Say They Weren’t Invited To Chelsea’s Wedding — Is That Rude?
- The Latest Details On Chelsea Clinton’s Wedding — The Dress, The Location & Who’s Not Attending!