What Were The 'SYTYCD' Judges Smoking? Alex & Allison's Dance Was NOT The Best Ever!

Thu, June 17, 2010 6:21am EDT by 5 Comments
Loading video...

The judges on So You Think You Can Dance praised the boring dances and ripped on my faves — what’s going on?

For the first time ever, Fox’s hit dance show was taped live June 16 — and I had the pleasure of experiencing it in person. Unfortunately, Adam Shankman, Nigel Lythgoe and Mia Michaels‘ criticism was WAY off if you ask me!

I couldn’t believe all three judges thought 23-year-old ballet-dancing wonder Alex Wong and All-Star Allison Holker‘s performance was the best in So You Think You Can Dance history.

“I believe that you have just set a new standard for [the show],” Nigel said.

Mia also gushed about Alex, saying, “I have to say that that is the best, hands-down … piece of work danced on [this] stage anywhere, in the world, up to date.”

Exaggerate much? Alex and Allison’s dance last night did NOT rival 2007’s ‘Bench Dance’ or even tWitch’s ‘Door Dance’ during season five. Sure — Alex’s perfect technique is unprecedented on the show, but I wasn’t nearly as entertained by his dance as I was by other numbers, such as Robert Roldan and Courtney Galiano‘s African-Jazz performance.

Did you think the judges were over-enthusiastic about some contestants and too harsh with others? What were YOUR favorite numbers of the night?

Get More on So You Think You Can Dance:

1. ‘SYTYCD’ CRAZINESS! Mark My Words, We’re Going To Be Seeing A LOT Of The Little Farm Boy This Season!
  2. EXCLUSIVE VID! Meet Your ‘SYTYCD’ Season Seven Top 11!
  3. Remember These Dancers, SYTYCD Fans? Check Out Which Of Your Past Faves Are Coming Back As All-Stars This Season!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

buy ty beanie babies

Posted at 7:20 PM on May 26, 2012

I’m extremely inspired with your writing talents and also with the structure on your blog. Is this a paid topic or did you customize it your self? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to look a great blog like this one today..

yeong yasmine

Posted at 1:39 AM on June 21, 2010

Hey Kritin,
Just what you are you talking about. Of course, Alex and Allison gave us the best piece of dance the other night. I guess you will have to get a pair of glasses !! Go on !

Lauren

Posted at 4:01 PM on June 17, 2010

While I don’t think Alex and Allison’s dance is the best ever, I think I agreed with the judges more than you did. There were some dances that had great technique, but little performance, and some that were the other way around. I love Kent, but I wish they had been harder on him; I thought his ballroom was awful! Also, Kathryn was my favorite last season and I loved her and the choreography last night, but Adechike was horrible. I didn’t even agree with him getting on the show. I enjoyed Robert and Courtney’s dance, but let’s not forget Ashley and Neil- I really liked their dance too! It is strange because Ashley and Robert were the two I didn’t know and was unsure about, and I thought they were some of the best last night. Also, I was disappointed by Lauren last night; her dance was awesome, but she didn’t seem to be performing at all. I think my bottom three would definitely include Adechike and Melinda.

shutupanddance

Posted at 11:18 AM on June 17, 2010

I agree. They weren’t nearly as good as the judges thought – I really liked Robert and Courtney too!

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:33 AM on June 17, 2010

Weird … the first time I watched SYTYCD ever, and it was this dance. I totally agree! WTF judges!?