EXCLUSIVE! Jill Zarin On Bethenny: 'I Thought She Was Warming Up To Me — I Totally Read That Wrong!'

Wed, June 16, 2010 4:25pm EST by 41 Comments

011510_frankel_zarin_tear_544_80743418

Jill really wants to be friends with Bethenny — but it just doesn’t look like it’s going to happen!

Poor Jill Zarin! All she wants to do is make up with ex-bff and The Real Housewives of New York City co-star Bethenny Frankel, but Bethenny just won’t have it! “There were little signals [prior to filming the reunion] that I got from her that she was warming up to talking to me,” Jill tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “Obviously I read that wrong!”

“There were a lot of things that went on that I actually didn’t say at the reunion,” Jill tells us. “You know there were questions that I should have asked Bethenny [like] ‘Why did you give me mixed signals'” about wanting to be friendly again.

Bethenny “sent Allison [Jill’s daughter] a birthday gift to the house — this beautiful, big birthday gift on Nov. 1, right before the trip to the Bahamas,” Jill explains. “I forgot about that — that was like a signal that I got from her [that I thought meant she was starting to forgive me].”

“So, there were like little signals that I thought I was getting that made me [feel] welcomed to the island,” Jill continues. But, she was completely wrong about her trip to St. John — Jill got completely shunned by the other Housewives!

And since her sit-down with Bethenny on the season finale, Jill admits not much has changed between her and Bethenny. Unfortunately, Bethenny still holds it against Jill that she wasn’t a part of her life during the past monumental year (Bethenny got married and had a baby.)

Despite this, Jill does want to keep trying to fix the situation, and not because fans want her too, but because she sincerely misses her BFF. “When people say it’s the flack from the fans that made me want to go back to Bethenny,” says Jill, “that [isn’t] true!”

Interesting Housewives Fact: Jill doesn’t know if she will be returning to The Real Housewives of New York City next season. She hasn’t gotten the call from Bravo to re-sign!

— Lindsey DiMattina

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

XX

Gucci

Posted at 9:55 PM on October 18, 2013

Whether a woman is a busy professional, multitasking Mom or student, women bags must be stylish, practical and should fit her body. 2 megapixel camera, turn by turn navigation, Sprint ID, and many in the Google Android features, the Transform is commonly $349. HTC 7 Pro cases offer your phone protection from scratches, dents and damage while it really is being jostled and carried around constantly.These jewelries are also made of valuable metals such as gold, silver, white gold etc. It may or may not actually transform your search enchanting going to be the considerably better At the ach and every least,going to be the designing not only can they last awhile,as a consequence all your family members and you’ll have rrn no way are going to want for additional details on make as a lot of those car journeys to the salon as all your family members utilized to learn more about This will save all your family members a lot of money included in the finish.For men, a black tuxedo will do perfectly, preferably with tails. Clint didn’t recount what happened that morning, nor did the family give any description of the suspect.

tara

Posted at 2:33 PM on June 19, 2010

dont worry jill bethany is forming her perfect little life but the best advice i can give when someone turned their back on me is this: the road to hell is paved wit good intentions and that ex friend is now learning the ard way and hates their life and realized they made a major mistake!

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:51 AM on June 19, 2010

These housewizes is craaazy

sojourne

Posted at 11:48 PM on June 18, 2010

hi Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
June 18th, 2010 at 10:11 pm
Christopher London says:
Jun 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM
On a one on one level I have met, conversed and engaged in dialogue, however superficial a number of times over the least 7 years and have never had any issue with Jill. But, t in my opinion, I think if you were using “The Real Housewives of New York City” to create a brand to market yourself to the world at large, Jill has made herself a caricature of an angry, selfish, manipulative New Yorker, potentially a less salable brand. Its gonna be hard to sell to people with more humble values that “Secrets of a Jewish Mother”, the book written by her with her mother and sister reflects the values of truly soulful people. Who knows what motivate her uncivilized behavior, whether it was scripted for the show or it was engaged in to create drama to insure that the show gets renewed. Remember the times we are living in and the fact that the women on RHONY are getting salaries per “season” which are as high or higher than the median household income of families on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. In short, it ain’t chump change. And if the show does not get renewed or gets new cast of characters, what will these women do when they lose the cash flow from doing the show as well as the revenue from appearance fees and endorsements. When you behave like a Chaza it may come back to haunt you. I do not think Jill Zarin needs to be defended or honored except that I think, if you are defending the values exhibited on that show as being representative of that which ought to be embraced or celebrated in Jewish Life, then I think you have literally jumped the shark in your significance as a commentator.

whywhywhy

Posted at 4:36 PM on June 18, 2010

Maybe Bethenny hasn’t befriended you again because you keep giving interviews and can’t keep your mouth shut. I remember her saying at the reunion, “you’re obsessed with the media and you can’t stop giving interviews”. Not only that; i do recall her saying that ” Jason doesn’t like you”. Why would she befriend someone again when her husband doesn’t like them. Jill does needs to stick with her friendship with ” THE COUNTESSSSS” and the ‘nutjob’ Kelly (whom i will swear is on drugs).

gbtw

Posted at 6:39 PM on June 19, 2010

she is most def on drugs. i have no idea why this is not being spoken out loud on tv or in the press. she did not have a “breakdown” she was f’ing strung out. systematic bullying… lord. she’s a f’ing junkie.

tobey

Posted at 9:40 AM on June 18, 2010

Jill finally saw the monster she created by badgering Bethenny. She deserved more than she received but thankfully, even Bethenny, had sympathy for her, which she did not deserve. However, Bethenny is a lady. The only reason Jill wants to be friends with Bethenny is that her strategy this year failed miserably. I hope Bethenny realizes what type of person Jill has become. I do not believe for a moment Jill is sorry for the way she treated Bethenny this year. Jill is a publicity hound. She said it herself, she cannot change.

Rae

Posted at 10:42 AM on June 17, 2010

i’ll be on housewives in her place!!

Sugar

Posted at 1:17 AM on June 17, 2010

I had to turn off the reunion show when everyone kept bashing Jill even though she’d apologized a million times. She did some crappy things this season but no one on that show has not been caught doing the same stuff. I think the problem is that Jill was so well-like the first seasons that everyone didn’t expect such nasty behavior from her.

The biggest phoney is Alex McCord!!! I really despise that gutless worm. She still faked being a friend with Jill for three seasons while all along hiding how she really felt. Then when she sensed it was safe to attack Jill for all these past trangressions she used Bethany as an excuse to begin her attacks on this woman who had even helped get her weirdo child into an exclusive school. Alex should grow some balls and NOT hang out with people that offend her the first place and not wait THREE years when she can gang up on her.

Oh Well

Posted at 12:47 AM on June 18, 2010

Jill deserved everything that came to her. If your full of envy; it will always catch up to. pay back is a b!@#$…

mimi

Posted at 11:58 AM on June 18, 2010

Come on Sugar, she just could not anymore, she exploded, the straw was braking the camels back, she tried, she really tried, there is not a bad bone in Alex body, she is a very good human being

suzyq

Posted at 12:53 PM on June 18, 2010

What you fail to realize is that Alex is a lady, a refined lady, and her good manners taught her to not make an issue over every little insult, unlike that kosher pig, Jill. Alex tried to go with the flow and hope that Jill’s bad behavior would abate. When it became obvious to Alex that Jill is what Jill is, she could no longer take the insulting verbal abuse and told her off not only on Bethanny’s behalf but her own. Jill is media whore and she will do anything to keep her face and name out there.

mimi

Posted at 12:48 PM on June 20, 2010

But Sugar you can forgive her, but then she goes again, its planted as a seed in her, to do that, she cannot stop, her big mouth goes constantly, and it is NEVER nice whats coming out, HOW DOES IT WORK FOR YOU JILL?, I just wonder how you feel when you are in bed at night?????

Rae

Posted at 10:47 PM on June 16, 2010

I wonder how much money Jill and her family has lost due to poor book sells. I am sure if the book would have come out the 1st or 2nd season it would have done fairly well. Who want’s to read a book writen by someone that is so vicious when it comes to her friends? Jill is just showing her true colors this season on the show and the viewer’s no longer like what they see. Bethenny said that Jill always has to have someone to dislike on the show, now it is Alex. Jill is a very disturbed woman.

mimi

Posted at 12:51 PM on June 20, 2010

Rae, you are right on, Jill cannot take anybody taking away from her, thats whats she feel, Kelly is now under her wing, I wonder how long, and LuAnn Hm! thats another story,,,,,just stop you 3 to show something you are not!!!! just a good advice!!!

Kellbell

Posted at 10:14 PM on June 16, 2010

Jill I noticed on the first reunion show, that when you crossed your legs your shoe looked like it had a price tag on the bottom of it. Are you planning on taking them back to Saks?

Jenny

Posted at 11:57 PM on June 16, 2010

SO FUNNY! i noticed that too, she’s definitely returning that ish.

mimi

Posted at 11:58 AM on June 18, 2010

Kellbell, ha-ha-ha I noticed that too, ha-ha-ha!

mollyjane

Posted at 10:06 PM on June 16, 2010

I missed Jill and Bethenny together-they were the only ones strong enough to to take each other’s cr**. Alex is a butt kissing weirdo.

Snarkapalooza

Posted at 8:30 PM on June 16, 2010

Why on earth would Bethenny hold it it against Jill that she hasn’t been part of her life during the past year?? That was all by Bethenny’s own CHOICE, not Jill’s!

This entire article smells like another Team Zarin plant. If Jill really wants to rebuild her reputation she should keep her big mouth shut – something that she has repeatedly demonstrated she is incapable of doing.

Oh Well

Posted at 12:59 AM on June 18, 2010

That’s okay for Jill to put her foot in her mouth. She’s always good at apologizing; it balances it out, right? I don’t think Jill should leave the show. Jill come back next season please!!!! You really make me feel good about myself.

Joanie

Posted at 8:30 PM on June 16, 2010

Love you Jill,
but I think as long as Alex is around, don’t take Bethenny back.
Love ya keeping it real!

Snarkapalooza

Posted at 8:34 PM on June 16, 2010

No need to worry about that. I’m sure Jill’s hateful attitude toward Alex only reassures Bethenny she made the right decision.

Jayce

Posted at 10:08 PM on June 16, 2010

I agree Bethenny is to smart to get involved with the likes of Jill Zarin again. If Jill has really changed then why is she still be so nasty about Bethenny and Alex?

mimi

Posted at 12:02 PM on June 18, 2010

Jayce! Jill has not changed, but she knows that people hates her guts, so she tries…..but Jill is what she is, years of manipulating, look her poor husband, he is a doorman for her, I hate to think how she is in private moments????

Oh Well

Posted at 12:52 AM on June 18, 2010

Are we watching the same show???? Jill…don’t take Bethenny back? It’s the other way around. Jill’s practically throwing herself at Bethenny. If Jill wouldn’t have been so green with envy and self-centered she may still have Bethenny as a friend. But now she’s settling for Kelly. I think Kelly and Jill deserve each other.

Mary

Posted at 7:51 PM on June 16, 2010

Jill:

Read your book. You only want to make up because of public opinion. You are talking about B in your blogs. I dont know how she could trust you sorry doesnt count. You talked to Page 6, yesterday. I hope Bravo doesn’t ask you to come back

mimi

Posted at 12:03 PM on June 18, 2010

Oh yes they will all come back, the paycheck is too good, believe me?

Gerhard

Posted at 7:21 PM on June 16, 2010

I wouldn’t miss Jill if she wasn’t asked back. There has to be more interesting women in NYC than Jill. She’s sorta a cartoonish she embodies all the nasty stereotype characteristics of the obnoxious NY’er

Babs

Posted at 6:56 PM on June 16, 2010

Move on Jill! Do something more constructive with your talents rather than trying to destroy people. APOLOGIZE to Alex for starters if you want people to see a so called change in you. Good luck and hopefully goodbye.

OverIt

Posted at 6:44 PM on June 16, 2010

Jill thinks nobody can read, so everyone, including Bethenny, must have missed all of the nasty tweets and statements Jill is STILL making about Bethenny. I mean really, during the first reunion show? (I think one of her PR guys must have stolen her blackberry during the second one to stop her self desctruction) Hmmm.. wonder why no one thinks she was sincere.

sojourne

Posted at 6:17 PM on June 16, 2010

Please stop planting stories Jill.
Please do not resign even if Bravo asks you back.

Jon

Posted at 8:49 PM on June 16, 2010

you think she planted this? PUH-LEASE!

team jill!!!!!

Rae

Posted at 10:01 PM on June 16, 2010

Yes I think Jill planted this story. She is ruthless. Why should Bethenny want to be friends with her? Bethenny tried to make amends with Jill and she was having none of it. Bethenny doesn’t need Jill in her life. She is a new wife and mother and has friends that truly love her. Jill has continued to make nasty comments about her. Now Jill is starting in on Alex. I hope Jill does not return to the show next season.

Jill we are done with you!!

Team Bethenny and Alex

Snarkapalooza

Posted at 11:42 PM on June 16, 2010

Yes, we think your aunt planted it. So there.

OverIt

Posted at 12:39 AM on June 17, 2010

That is so funny, I was going to ask if he lived in Boston.

Oh Well

Posted at 12:55 AM on June 18, 2010

I think Jill should come back… it would be boring without a resident villain. i think the resident humpty dumpty should come back too. They make the show really interesting.

mimi

Posted at 12:06 PM on June 18, 2010

Oh well, …here we have the evil stepmother with her evil daughters (Kelly and LuAnn) like in Cinderella, dont worry they will be back all of them the Paycheck is good!!!!!

macy

Posted at 10:10 PM on June 16, 2010

Hey Otay

RO

Posted at 5:20 PM on June 16, 2010

I am sure Jill was just very jealous of the situation and her friend and one little mean thing turned into lots of mean things.
Sadly, I am sure this happens a lot with friends. I have to imagine living under the spotlight of manufactured fame is weird and makes normal situations much more magnified.
If they were really true friends, Bethenny should forgive Jill. I just have a feeling, too much time has past and the trust isnt really there.

mimi

Posted at 12:11 PM on June 18, 2010

I think that Bethanney cannot just forgive when it fits mrs. opholstery, the pain was and is to deep…..no I think Bethanney takes her time, her new life is full, so Jills nasty remarks and behavior is so far away….she has other important things in her life, her newborn baby and husband… and her work……and she dont want more bad stuff from Jill, she can really see clear that she does not need Jill in her life, life is better without her, get it JILL???????