EXCLUSIVE! Catherine Malandrino Thinks K-Stew's Style Needs A Change: 'I Would Make Her More Grown Up!'

Sun, June 13, 2010 10:30am EST by 7 Comments
BauerGriffin.com, Inset: Getty Images

BauerGriffin.com, Inset: Getty Images

Does K-Stew’s simple style of jeans and a t-shirt make her look too young, or should she totally keep her hip rock-n-roll edge?

A true designer is always up for a challenge and that’s exactly why Catherine Malandrino wants to give Twilight star Kristen Stewart, 20, a whole new style! Forget K-Stew’s endless love for plaid shirts and jeans — Catherine told Hollywoodlife.com June 9 at Elle‘s 2010 Women in Music Issue Event at the Highline Ballroom in NYC that she wants to “make her [look] a little more grown up and sophisticated!”

“I think I would try to [put] her more in a natural color to change from the full bright,” Catherine explained. “Something with naturals and blacks to [help her maintain that] rock-and-roll edge” that she likes.

Catherine’s overall style inspiration for Kristen would come from old-school Hollywood glamour. “For me, it’s looking to the past and thinking today and always having the future in mind,” Catherine said. “I love the glamorous and voluptuous aspect of [old movie stars]. I love a woman like Catherine Deneuve because for me she has a classic chic or Brigitte Bardot because she has the kooky fresh style. It depends on the season.”

Maybe once Catherine gives Kristen a grown-up glam makeover, Kristen can share her style tips with Miley Cyrus. That girl sure can use some help dressing a little more conservatively!

— Lindsey DiMattina

catherine

Posted at 6:00 PM on June 14, 2010

TeamKStew

Posted at 11:12 PM on June 13, 2010

LEAVE HER STYLE! I say leave her style alone. I LOVE IT! Have you even SEEN how she contributes color to an outfit? Yes it’s jeans and a t-shirt but I mean come on the way she does it. It’s like no one can pull it off like her. And you want to make her like every other girl? Like blend in to Hollywood. She should stand out like her unique personality. And she stands out on what she wears. Her outfits always play with the eyes. Even the rings and bracelet she wears somehow contribute with the outfit.

Although the Miley thing is so true. People always shrug her off saying “She’s 18 let her pole dance she’s young.” Yea soon she will be shaving her hair and dating every guy that comes her way. (well she already does)

TeamKStew

Posted at 11:17 PM on June 13, 2010

“People think I’m being grunge now, I know I’m being photograph so *laughs* yea.”-Kristen Stewart

“I love old clothes that have been worn for many people for ages.”-Kristen Stewart

“I’m kind of obsessed with sneakers, old shoes from like the 90s that I saw my older brothers wearing.”-Kristen Stewart

“Comfortable and practicality describe my style, I never really try to emulate anybody’s…thing.”-Kristen Stewart

summer

Posted at 6:14 PM on June 13, 2010

Ummmm calling Catherine Malandrino…the 1900s called they want you return back home!

The poor girl is only 20 years old and that chick is trying to make her older then her years. Let her grow up and be who she is. I’m seriously getting annoyed at these people trying to make her out to be something shes not.

Theres a reason why people love her and its because she breaks the mould. She doesn’t follow it!

Old people for ya huh!

layla

Posted at 4:13 PM on June 13, 2010

i definitely do not tink that kristen needs a new look….she is who she is and her style qoes with her and fits her perfectly….they jus need to leave her alone and accept her for how she dresses and for who she is….

galey

Posted at 12:14 PM on June 13, 2010

Why can’t she just be who she is? This need to conform to Hollywood style is crap – she dresses the part at events – leave her alone!!!!!!!!!

scarla

Posted at 11:38 AM on June 13, 2010

Kristen’s only 20. I personally appreciate her ‘Indie-spirit’ jeans and sneaks look. She’s a cool, young girl. She gets dressed for all the big events…I just don’t think being a Hollywood fashion icon is her thing.