EXCLUSIVE! R-Patz’s Role In ‘Water For Elephants’ May Just Score Him An Oscar Nod!

Fri, June 11, 2010 12:36pm EDT by 12 Comments

The cast and crew of Rob’s new drama — including Academy winner Christoph Waltz — think that he’s so good in his new film that he might be up for his own Oscar this year!

We knew our boy had it in him! Robert Pattinson is definitely proving to the cast and crew of his new drama, Water For Elephants, that he isn’t just his Twilight character, brooding vampire Edward Cullen. In fact, he’s SO good as a Depression-era veterinarian that he may even receive his first Oscar nomination!

When Rob’s Elephants co-star, Christoph Waltz, was asked by fans where he kept his Oscar (he won the Supporting Actor trophy this year for Inglorious Basterds) on the Filmore, Calif. set this week, he responded, “It’s in my house, but the way things are looking, I might have to hand it off to Rob next year!”

And Christoph, 53, isn’t the only person on Elephants impressed by Rob’s acting chops. “This movie is going to be amazing, and you’re going to see Rob in a completely different way, a good way,” a crew inside gushed to HollywoodLife.com exclusively, adding, “It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he were to receive an Oscar nod for this role!”

The role in question? Rob plays Jacob Jankowski, a young, Depression-era veterinarian who joins the circus and falls in love with both Marlena, a circus performer (played by Reese Witherspoon) and Rosie, an elephant.

We can’t wait to see this movie! Let the Oscar buzz begin NOW!

Laura Schreffler & reporting by Russ Weakland

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

green energy information

Posted at 10:44 PM on April 25, 2012

Wonderful blog you have here but I was curious if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really like to be a part of group where I can get opinions from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!

Kel

Posted at 5:21 PM on December 4, 2010

I read this book. It was pretty good but the love story was kind of lame. The rest of the stuff about the circus and the animals were the most interesting part. I can see Hollywood did what the writer could not, bring on the romance! I am looking forward to seeing Rob in something different. I think he’ll be great.

Belle

Posted at 12:58 AM on June 12, 2010

I am so glad that he is making great movie choices, and breaking away from Twilight, and hopefully that heart throb
status. I hate what they do to that beautiful face with all that horrible Edward make-up. Human Rob is so much better. It may be a little early to be talking Oscars, but he is definately headed in the right direction! He was absolutely wonderful in Remember me, and I can’t wait
for Water for Elephants. It is a fantastic book and a great opportunity for Rob. I think it is wonderful that he was picked to play Jacob in a movie of this caliber, with awesome co-stars such as Christoph Waltz and Reese Witherspoon!!!

Stone

Posted at 8:27 PM on June 11, 2010

Zzzz ROLF!

jeez

Posted at 8:25 PM on June 11, 2010

It’s amazing. Rob is a really talented guy and if Christoph is so impressed with him then that’s huge. Love him.

Jay

Posted at 2:57 PM on June 11, 2010

Good for him if he should win an Oscar although when I see him with Reese, it’s like seeing him with his mom or aunt.

JSC

Posted at 11:03 PM on June 11, 2010

The movie is based on a book. Her character is older then him, not just a poor casting choice. Although I’m not a fan of hers and she is really the opposite of what I pictured in the part when I read the book.

Kel

Posted at 5:25 PM on December 4, 2010

You’re joking right? She is only 10 years older than him. I don’t know many moms who had a kid at 10 years old! Really 10 years isn’t much of a difference unless you are in your teens, which you may well be. When you get older, you will realize this. Besides, the character is suppose to be older anyway.

Sia

Posted at 2:07 PM on June 11, 2010

I’m so happy for Rob ! Knew he could act even though he ruined Edward Cullen for me. I’m sorry I think they could of gotten better. But I’m glad he’s doing something that elevates his acting and something that looks like he enjoys.
Good for him. I’ll check this movie out even though the book was a HUGE BORE.

kate

Posted at 12:57 PM on June 11, 2010

*admire

kate

Posted at 12:57 PM on June 11, 2010

i armire robert as an actor…he chooses great projects…absolutely loved him in remember me…waiting for WFE and Bel Ami

tuckered

Posted at 12:54 PM on June 11, 2010

This news makes me very happy