EXCLUSIVE! Karina Smirnoff Might Be Returning To ‘DWTS’ As Johnny Weir’s Partner!

Thu, June 10, 2010 6:47pm EST by 25 Comments

Although Karina missed the last season of ABC’s hit dancing show, it sounds like she might just be coming back with a vengeance!

Are we going to be seeing Karina Smirnoff’s pretty face on Dancing With the Stars’ 11th season? To hear her potential partner Johnny Weir tell it, she might just be making her grand return!

“I hope [I’m going to do Dancing With the Stars],” the pro figure skater told HollywoodLife.com exclusively at the MTV Movie Awards June 6. “I met Karina Smirnoff a few weeks ago and she was like, ‘Johnny, you are the perfect height for me. Let’s dance.’ So…it’s on. I’ve chosen my partner, I’m ready.”

Interesting. When we caught up with the 32-year-old Ukranian born dancer at Muscle Milk’s Fitness Retreat in Beverly Hills, Calif. June 9, she coyly evaded the question of her return, but did tell us, “I’m a big fan of Johnny. His heart, his guts, he’s got balls in every routine and I love that. I think for Dancing With the Stars, you gotta have not only determination, but you gotta have that drama, that deeper side of you, and Johnny has it! I’m rooting for him to be on the next season of Dancing With the Stars.”

And rooting for yourself at the same time, Ms. Smirnoff? A rep for Karina wasn’t available for comment.

If Karina DOES come back, at least she won’t have to witness the sexual tension between her former fiancé, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and his season 10 partner, ESPN reporter Erin Andrews. Just one more reason why you should do the show, Karina!

Laura Schreffler with reporting by Kirstin Benson & Karen Datangel

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

microsoft office professional plus 2010 key

Posted at 2:09 PM on May 17, 2012

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem together with your web site in internet explorer, may test this? IE still is the market leader and a good component to other people will miss your great writing because of this problem.

testimonials video

Posted at 3:34 AM on May 12, 2012

You are in reality a just right webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a excellent activity on this matter!

Mary McLuckie

Posted at 9:23 AM on August 26, 2010

Greetings:
In reference to: “Who would you like to see on ‘Dancing With the Stars’?…to me would be Clay Aiken, the singer who came in second place the first season on ‘American Idol’. I’ve been a big fan of his for some time. However, I haven’t heard much about him for quite awhile now. What’s up with him, I wonder?
Also, I would like to see some actual ‘stars'; preferably younger ones who can actually dance. I don’t care if they’re singers, dancers or movie actors…even true sports heros. I’m tired of seeing old worn out has-beens on the show. “So You Think You Can Dance” has really taken off because of the youthful people on the show, who can actually dance. Sorry, Kirsty…I do love you…but I feel sorry for Maxim. He stands no chance of winning the trophy this comming season.
I’d also like to hear some verification if Julian Hough is coming back this year as one of the pro dancers. I absolutely love her. Her and her brother, Derick are so talented.
One more thing…I sure wish the judges would loosen up about the lifts and let there be far more of them. They really do add to the dance.
Good luck to all…

Mary

Skie

Posted at 11:37 PM on July 11, 2010

Get a life people and stop bashing poor Johnny Weir, the guy is an amazing skater and deserves recognition, whether he is choosen to participate in DWTS or not, he is already more amazing than any of you will be in your life time.

LizBeth

Posted at 1:44 PM on June 13, 2010

Sorry. Didn’t know DWTS was trying to get their show canceled lmfao!

Rosie

Posted at 1:25 AM on June 14, 2010

LMFAO! Sorry, didn’t know Johnny Weir was in such a hurry to get his ass kicked by Brad Penny, Karina’s fiance-boyfriend of almost two years. Brad has super powerful arms and he’s a slugger.

Dani Elle

Posted at 2:45 AM on June 29, 2010

Karina just wants to be on the show. Her word is “hopefully”. She doesn’t care at this point who her partner is and has also named John Stamos, the former UK Prime Minister, Apolo Ohno and others.

Karinas fans state it best. They want ONLY Karina on DWTSs. Her fans do not want anything to do with Johnny Weir on that show in hard cold truth and reality. I know Johnny Weir and his fans better wake up and get a clue.

Derek

Posted at 10:33 AM on June 13, 2010

I’m not surprised to find that Karina is kissing up to Johnny Weir on Twitter now. And to think just a few weeks ago we joked about how he would never, could never be DWTS material; unless as she put it she wanted everyone to see her dancing with PeeWee Herman haha. Karina, I’ve lost all respect for you now. You’re such a wannabe. I am disappointed.

LizBeth

Posted at 4:36 PM on June 13, 2010

I know what you mean. And it only took Karina how long to finally follow Johnny, over 3 months? Wonder what triggered this all of a sudden. Cannot wait for Karina to lie about loving Johnny just to create some drama on BGJW2, lie about an engagement like she did with all of her other partners and then once the show is over; she will drop him like yesterdays old news because he is of no use to her.

According to the men she has already dated, and I have spoken to all of them, that’s how she is. Anything for publicity. If I were DWTS, I would look at this current situation very carefully and drop her from the roster.

Then let’s see if she still likes (or needs) Johnny Weir. lmfao!

Ruby

Posted at 10:22 PM on June 13, 2010

It’s funny anyone should mention this because I’ve been watching JohnnyGWeir’s Twitter feed off and on, and about a month or two ago one of Johnny’s fans from Chile who goes by the Twitter tag Kathy_Pelaez tweeted Karina Smirnoff pretending to be Johnny; and Kathy as Johnny tweeted to Karina like “Hello. Im Johnny Weir. Why aren’t you following me? Follow me.” and the like. Kathy from Chile kept posting Karina. Then finally towards the end, Kathy admitted she was not Johnny and Kathy stated that Karina really should follow Johnny because Johnny is following Karina and it’s only fair that she return the favor.

A search found that Kathy_Pelaez is a very troubled girl with a very troubled past ranging from petty theft to drugs to selling herself in exchange for money; the list goes on and on. She developed a deadly fixation and obsession on a composer who wrote a symphony in Johnny’s honor and Kathy became very jealous of this artist. Kathy and some other fans have displayed hostilities towards this artist because the artist in question and Johnny get to naturally travel within the same circles.

I’m in the entertainment business, I work for someone who works for Johnny and I must remain as anon as possible or I could lose my job. So, I’m posting with a nickname.

Jesse

Posted at 8:32 AM on June 29, 2010

Karina’s fans want Karina on DWTSs; not Johnny Weir. Obviously a case for the unrequited. I’m just sayin’. Posted as recently as this past week on Twitter. I read somewhere that Karina was using Johnny Weir and his fans to her advantage. I believe it now.

Robert

Posted at 10:25 PM on June 14, 2010

I found an official list out there dated May 27, 2010. The following are the celebrity dancers that have been selected for the next season: Cher, Weird Al Yankovich, Godfrey, Cynthia Nixon, Dr. Phil, Jenny McCarthy, Jamie Lee Curtis, Val Kilmer, Dara Torres, and Sasha Cohen. Congratulations all.

Clearly, the dancers have already been chosen. It is not known if Karina will dance this next season. However, if she were on the roster, she would be so busy rehearsing now that she wouldn’t have time for anything else. I think she knew about this around May 28; long before she finally decided to follow Johnny Weir (“Hi, handsome!!!!”), and in so doing she is also using Johnny’s fans, their energy and enthusiasm to garner and raise her “campaign” as she refers to it on her Twitter so that SHE can dance on DWTS, not Johnny. This just sounds very selfish to me. But it’s very clear.

Minnie

Posted at 12:26 AM on June 27, 2010

well guess all those gay tales can go to hell rumor round gay pride scene is that karina whore is in nyc f***n johnny right now chased him found out where he lives knows his phone # no he didn’t give it to her

Jesse

Posted at 8:36 AM on June 29, 2010

Johnny wouldn’t dare. Brad was with Karina recently in NYC at a family BBQ and he will be at the charity event with Karina and his baseball buds in L.A. on July 1st at The Mansion de la Hugh Hefner. May not be visible but he will be there.

Wendy

Posted at 6:37 PM on June 11, 2010

After he spoke negatively of the show in public like he did, DWTS should not advance hypocrite Johnny Weir’s celebrity by doing him the honor of including him. In his first press release after the Olympics, he criticized Evan Lysacek as being ‘trivial’ for appearing on the show, plus he told interviewers he was refusing to watch it. And, it would indeed be tedious to see two Olympic skaters in back-to-back seasons.

Derek

Posted at 10:42 AM on June 13, 2010

I agree with you Wendy.

That is why DWTS is considering John Stamos and Tony Blair among others, not Johnny Weir. I wish these celeb wannabe’s could understand that the producers and owners of the show want and need HUGE STAR POWER. Neither Johnny Weir or Karina command HUGE STAR POWER and the pull that goes with it. In their minds, they do but in reality, no.

If Karina isn’t careful or if she tries to push Johnny Weir onto the producers and owners, it could backfire and she could permanantly damage her standing and lose what little celebrity she thinks she has.

Ashley

Posted at 10:16 AM on June 11, 2010

He does NOT need to be on DWTS. He’s just jealous the producers chose Evan over him since Johnny is seen as a “controversial” skater. I can’t handle TWO Olympic skaters in back-to-back seasons. Oh, and no Karina, either!

LizBeth

Posted at 2:29 PM on June 13, 2010

I agree. It looks like Johnnys’ motivation may be some kind of jealousy at this point and this doesn’t go with DWTS.

And it’s probably just a rumour but I overheard something while in soho last night and I’m not going to name names, but I heard that this whole DWTS talk is an attempt by a female or a small group of her like-minded friends of both sexes to try and hurt one innocent female who happens to be within the same peer group as Johnny, now that Johnny has made and is coming out with a recording of “Dirty Love”. What I overheard made me very uncomfortable and fearful for this one female who is being single-out and bashed behind her back. :(

LizBeth

Posted at 3:37 PM on June 13, 2010

The name of the female who I heard being slandered last night sounded like Caroline. I’m going to find out more about her and if she’s a singer the way I heard them tell it then I’m going to do whatever it takes to help get her a performance spot in NYC. Maybe more than one. Soho would be poetic justice.

LizBeth

Posted at 5:28 PM on June 13, 2010

I have just got to find that “Caroline” girl they were slandering about. Help if you can. I’m determined to find her, now.

Paula

Posted at 2:01 AM on June 11, 2010

Johnny will be an awesome competitor no matter who his partner turns out to be. I’m ready for the show to start right NOW!

divabtch

Posted at 12:08 AM on June 11, 2010

IF THIS PROSPECT BECOMES REALIZED, I WILL WATCH DWTS [I HAVEN’T BEFORE] LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.

YRUSick

Posted at 10:36 PM on June 10, 2010

And to quote Karina, she really wants HIM. That’s Mr. JOHN STAMOS To you.

NOT JOHNNY WEIR.

elephant

Posted at 12:52 PM on June 13, 2010

Yep John Stamos and in bold print too. I think John Stamos and Karina would be fab and so good-looking together! He’s strong, the perfect height and personality match, already draws and captivates a HUGE audience and is a professional drummer so great rythm and dance teachability is a natural!

Larry

Posted at 3:23 PM on June 14, 2010

Karina will be lucky if she gets to dance with Dr. Phil at this point lol. :D