Journey, Queen, And Everything In Between! Last Night's Season Finale Of 'Glee' Had It All!

Wed, June 9, 2010 4:17pm EST by 5 Comments
Courtesy of Fox

Courtesy of Fox

The show ends its first season with a bang, a birth, and a ‘Bohemian Rhapsody!’

Well Gleeks, Season 1 has finally come to an end in one of the most dramatic, and amazing, episodes of Glee yet! There were tears, amazing songs, big name guest stars Olivia Newton John and Josh Groban and one very, very big surprise!

So let’s get the inevitable out of the way – New Directions was toppled by Vocal Adrenaline. Normally we would be routing for our McKinley High Gleers but Vocal Adrenaline’s performance of “Bohemian Rhapsody” was one of, if not the, best song on Glee this season. The fact that they cut between this performance and Quinn’s (Diana Agron) birth was perfect and touching and corny at all the same time.

As for newborn Beth, Quinn and Puck (Mark Salling) found the perfect mom for their little girl – Adrenaline coach Shelby (Idina Menzel). This is great news as it means we may get to see a lot more of Shelby next season, and maybe even a reunion of her and Wicked costar Kristin Chenoweth! Perchance to dream.

The episode also showed a softer side of the show’s biggest villian, one Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). There may have been no greater moment then when she admitted she placed New Directions in first and that they could have their practice room for one more year. Does this mean we may see a softer Sue next season?

What did you think of last night’s episode? Did you love the Journey medley? And what about Rachel (Lea Michele) and Finn (Cory Monteith) reuniting?

-Chris Spargo

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Anon.

Posted at 6:20 AM on June 11, 2010

All the ‘I love yous’ last night were what really got to me. Finn/Rachel, Will/Emma AND Puck/Quinn – you gotta love the love in that epi.

Taisha

Posted at 2:08 AM on June 10, 2010

I liked the episode and I’m glad that Vocal Adrenaline won. They deserved it.

Bohemian Rhapsody was AMAZING. Jonathan Groff is really talented, I wish he could stay longer. S2 will not be the same without his charisma and beautiful voice.

As for the reunion between Finn and Rachel, boring and forced. I see no chemistry between them and I don’t like them together. I would rather see her with Jesse.

And speaking of him, the one thing that I hated about this finale is that he didn’t talk to Rachel. I hate that ‘Funk’ ruined such a wonderful character.

Nathan

Posted at 1:34 AM on June 10, 2010

Point of fact: Sue never admitted she placed New Directions in first. We found that out when we saw what she wrote on the ballot but she didn’t admit it. She made a statement that telling them how the voting went would break her “sacred vow as a judge or something.” She then went on to say “All I can say is that casting my vote was easy. It reflected exactly how I felt in my heart about which team should win.” As she said that, we saw the ballot. She didn’t admit anything to Will or anybody else.

I’m sure this will be important next year. If she had admitted to Will she placed New Directions in first, she would have lost a lot of her power over him.

rena

Posted at 9:49 PM on June 9, 2010

I’m thinking what will happen when Rachel discover that her mother didn’t want anything with her but has now a baby.

Mary Ellen

Posted at 7:27 PM on June 9, 2010

I loved Glee last night, lots of opportunities to expand story lines next season!