Bonnie Says: Jon Gosselin, Getting Stoned On Video Is Cruel To Your Kids!

Tue, June 8, 2010 5:21pm EST by 13 Comments
Courtesy of RadarOnline.com, INFphoto.com

Courtesy of RadarOnline.com, INFphoto.com

Jon — the newly released home video of you high as a kite that appeared online today is a cruel and unusual punishment for your kids.

The home video starring you and ex-girlfriend Hailey Glassman sounding like babbling fools, hanging out on the balcony of some highly luxurious hotel in St. Tropez, France, last summer makes it clear that the welfare of your eight precious Gosselettes is the last thing on your mind.

The source quoted in the RadarOnline.com piece that accompanied the video claims that the cigarettes you are smoking in the video are actually “spliffs” — cigarettes which mix marijuana and tobacco — and that you were also drunk on champagne.

Honestly, Jon, being stoned is truly the only explanation for the inanity of your comments: “We’re munching on Pringles here in beautiful St. Tropez, eating quality food because every time we eat, we either get swollen boobs or I [expletive] myself,” you grossly complain. Hailey giggles like a hyena throughout the tape, while she reaches under her shirt and feels her own chest. “Police think I’m smuggling drugs under my bra,” she giggles and giggles.

If all of this wasn’t embarrassing enough for 9-year-old twins Cara and Madelyn and 6-year-old sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel to have their friends see (and yes, their friends will see it, Jon) your final piece de resistance was sticking your cigarette up your nose!

Jon, talk about a gigglefest! Your poor little Gosselettes’ friends will really have a field day with that little stoner trick!

And I can tell you who WON’T be laughing after watching this video, Jon — and that’s your ex-wife, Kate!

I’m sure that not only did it make her feel sick in the pit of her stomach, but I bet it prompted her to put her attorney on speed dial.

“Kate can take that tape to a judge and judges are very liberal [about acting] when it comes to potential drug use by a parent. She could ask for Jon to be tested for drugs randomly, and she could get it,” says renowned NYC divorce attorney Raoul Felder. “What if he’s stoned and driving with the kids in the car?” he adds. “Judges will want to protect the kids. If I were a judge, I’d order random drug testing.”

Kate’s other legal option could be to ask for supervised visitation, adds NYC family law attorney Paul Catsandonis. Drug use by a parent is very serious: “If he’s wasted and leaves them unattended, it’s almost criminal behavior,” Paul says.

But here’s the thing, Jon — aside from the risk that you could be ordered to undergo random drug testing and/or have supervised visitation with your kids, how do you think this videotape will make your precious little ones feel?

Embarrassed. Confused. Ashamed. Hoping that their friends don’t see it! “They won’t say that daddy’s a fool, but it will be a concern that daddy looks like a fool,” explains family therapist Dr. Jeffrey Gardere, host of VH1’s Dad Camp. “This will get talked about and it will hurt them.”

Dr. Gardere says Jon is being a “naughty, naughty dad” and Jon, I’d actually have stronger words for you… but I’ll restrain myself.

But I have to say — if the release of this disturbing videotape isn’t enough to finally shock you into adulthood and responsible parenthood, then the time you deserve to spend with your kids is in supervised visits!

— Bonnie Fuller

Click here to see the video of Jon stoned!

1. Jon Gosselin: Banned from the kids’ house?
  2. HOLLY SHOCKER: Jon has his 8 little ones sleep in sleeping bags
  1. Jon Gosselin- Our experts say ‘You’re pathetic AND ruining your kids lives’!
  1. Exclusive! Listen up Kate Gosselin-Jon’s new girlfriend is playing mommy to your eight little Gosselins!
  2. Jon’s New Revenge! Is he going public with his new girlfriend to get back at Kate?

julie prescott

Posted at 5:49 PM on July 22, 2010

feel sorry for you Jon: you need a major growup spirt!!
Childish, reckless and most of all, not the least bit helping your image as a responsible father to those precious children.

I agree that you and Kate should have separated; she is a piece of work; but, please remember, you are a father, and someday your children will see, learn, and possibly be made fun of or even further bullied for your nonsensible behaviour.

All of us want to have a “great time”; but, because your life is so to the front as they say, you really have to be careful for your every move.

Hope you can find yourself, settle down and have a responsible job. Am not aware that you have one and perhaps I am wrong, but….get on with your life and make something of yourself.

Radar baby

Posted at 10:27 PM on June 9, 2010

Oh c’mon now, this video is over a year ago and the guy was smoking a marlboro and drinking coca cola. get a grip, nobody knows how he is with his kids and they seem to love their dad, no sexual abuse and physical abuse on them kids. As far as putting their mother on a pedestal, hold on to your britches there cause mental abuse is significant with this woman and making your kids film their lives so mama can gain popularity and fame is much worse than daddy having a little fun in Gay Parie….

Nancy Chandler

Posted at 2:18 PM on June 9, 2010

First of all, were the kids there? NO. So his alcohol or even pot use didn’t endanger his kids in any way.

Second, it’s none of anyone’s business if he wants to catch a buzz while on vacation…. a little wine? No big deal. The kids weren’t there and to take that and then spin it out to “what if….” is just not fair and not many parents would survive that level of scrutiny.

Third, smoking weed, if in fact he WAS and there’s no proof, should not be a reason to take someone’s kids away from them or to limit their access to their kids or to interpose the “supervision” of the state in that relationship. The majority of Americans currently feel that marijuana should be legalized. Should he smoke around his kids? NO. Was he doing that? NO.

Yall should just stay out of this man’s relationship with his children.

gbtw

Posted at 3:34 PM on June 9, 2010

i actually agree with you on most of this, but you’re wrong about most americans thinking pot should be legalized. they don’t. a simple google search will tell you that. a study released in april says that 55% oppose it, and 40% STRONGLY oppose it. last i checked, the only group that had a true majority supporting legalization was the under 30 crowd (who, in my opinion, are the exact crowd that should not be smoking it- i have less of an issue with older smokers, if i’m allowed to state my opinion without getting crucified).

staubber

Posted at 7:11 PM on June 8, 2010

I agree pot isn’t as bad as heroin, but hello, Jon you don’t make tapes of you partying you stupid fame whore douche bag!

disco

Posted at 5:24 PM on June 8, 2010

Pot isn’t nearly as bad as you’ve been convinced people.

Hollyt

Posted at 11:17 AM on June 9, 2010

Come on now how do you not know that he isn’t doing anything more. I would recommend supervised visits because as Kate says that they love their dad. What angers me the most is every negative things Jon does people piss on Kate. I wondered how his personality was so turned around unless we didn’t see the real Jon. I am not pleased with whoever put this on the internet either. They also have played a big role in hurting the children. There is no going back now!!!

gbtw

Posted at 12:59 PM on June 9, 2010

i don’t know what “as bad” means, but in my experience, show me a steady pot smoker, and i’ll show you someone who hasn’t lived up to their potential. pot may not be dangerous in the sense that people aren’t going to o.d. on pot, nor are they likely to be violent- but, i certainly don’t want people i care about getting involved with it and wasting their life away on a couch. that may seem like a cliche in your world, but i assure you i’ve known A LOT of pot smokers that squandered a lifetime of opportunities hiding from the real world to get high. it’s also annoying that everyone that smokes pot and/or lives in california assumes that anybody that is against the legalization of marijuana is a nazi. i’m not saying that’s you, but it’s a big annoyance to me. yet another topic that people are only willing to accept their own opinion on…

gbtw

Posted at 1:01 PM on June 9, 2010

but ps- my rant has nothing to do with jon really. i don’t suspect he’s a serial pot smoker. i think he was just being an idiot with a girl, a year ago. i still have hope that he’s pulled himself together and is going to get better with time. i cannot imagine he gets high when he’s with his kids, E V E R.

Nancy Chandler

Posted at 2:23 PM on June 9, 2010

You haven’t met me…. I could work circles around you and probably DO every danged day. As a farmer, I work seven days a week. In the rain, in the cold, in the mud. I do stuff you could never even try. Then I set the alarm for the crack of dawn and do it again. I am celebrated in my field and make a product that is highly sought after and very expensive. I am praised by my customers and I’ve been written about in many local, regional and national publications.

I smoke weed every day. So stuff your generalizations. My potential is plenty realized and I know lots of other people just like me.

gbtw

Posted at 3:22 PM on June 9, 2010

no surprise to get a defensive and one-sided response from an agitated pot smoker. well, good for you for being successful, but even if this is all true, i don’t think you are the norm. i have lived many decades spending lots of time with habitual pot smokers. i am not just talking out my ass and have just as valid a point of view as you do. i’d find it hard to believe that you could honestly suggest that you don’t know plenty of pot smokers who use it to hide from the real world and hide from tackling every day challenges, despite your allegedly hard working and successful pot smoking circles. i also wonder if you and your posse wouldn’t be even more successful if you weren’t getting high daily. that said, i don’t disbelieve that there are individuals who do not abuse pot and use it the same as a drink at night to unwind- so sure, if that’s you, maybe you shouldn’t be lumped in to my generalizations. but, if you’re being honest with yourself, you know there is plenty of truth to what i’ve written. i’m also wondering why you assume you could work circles around a non-smoker? is it also your position that if people don’t smoke pot they are lazy? that’s interesting. maybe i need to get high daily so that i can improve my work ethic.

tj

Posted at 4:08 PM on June 9, 2010

I will second the post. I too have smoked pot pretty much everyday for decades and have managed to build a business that pays me well into 6 figures. There goes that stereotype.

gbtw

Posted at 2:55 AM on June 10, 2010

oh yes. i must be wrong. pot smokers are the backbone of our existence and the true success stories. get off nancy and tj. nancy, i doubt you were smoking pot before you bought the farm, and tj, your six figure drug dealing business does not refute my point. it’s more likely than not that a pot smoker has not realized their full potential. call me a closed minded fool, but you aren’t going to change my opinion on that. that said, i waste more time on this stupid f’ing website than i could waste on a doobie, so i’m no better. but, let’s get real. stoned time is not real or productive time. cheers with my red wine…