This Is Ridiculous – Why Aren't More People Talking About Katy Perry's MTV Movie Awards Performance? I Think She Owned The Night!

Mon, June 7, 2010 9:33am EDT by 11 Comments

Let’s give credit where credit is due — Katy killed it!

Seriously, Katy Perry‘s performance of “California Gurls” at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards had all the makings of a great awards show moment: a HUGE song, a HOT outfit and a TON of energy. So why aren’t more people giving this performance the respect that it deserves? Tom Cruise and J. Lo may have had the moves, but Katy sang live — and she sounded amazing.

I guess it’s possible that Katy’s performance is just being lost in the shuffle of all the other big moments from last night’s show, like Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart‘s awkward kiss, Justin Bieber‘s hairy revelation, the brand new clip from Eclipse, and Sandra Bullock‘s girl-on-girl return to MTV.

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

florist surrey

Posted at 11:50 AM on June 6, 2012

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand so much about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I feel that you simply could do with some percent to pressure the message home a bit, however other than that, that is excellent blog. An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.

jab

Posted at 9:15 PM on June 7, 2010

katy perry is a bozo – her music is grade school muck

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:36 AM on June 8, 2010

Lies. All lies!

Sugar

Posted at 4:08 PM on June 7, 2010

Her crazy cartoon outfits are overshadowing her talent as a singer. She needs a makeover STAT because she is making herself into a joke no one takes serious. She can still do a hint of wackiness everyonce once in a while but is always way overboard on the wigs and the weird clothes. I like her songs but no way would I tell anyone I’m a fan because of the way she looks.

Scott

Posted at 1:24 PM on June 7, 2010

Every time I see Katy I realize that I am a Russell Brand hater!!! I think she’s gorgeous and sexy and far more talented than people give her credit for!

Krys

Posted at 11:05 AM on June 7, 2010

Sounded good & was a fun performance but she looks like she is struggling to dance in that outfit. Also, I am not a fan of the blue wig – she is much more beautiful with her natural colour.

lilalo

Posted at 10:54 AM on June 7, 2010

I agree!! Katy was perfect and sounded amazing!!

AbelismyMan

Posted at 10:48 AM on June 7, 2010

Call me crazy, but I just don’t like or ‘get’ Katy Perry! She’s annoying and her outfits were just ugly. And it’s fitting that she is with Russell Brand b/c he is annoying too! Not trying to be a hater, I’m just not a fan…I’m a fan of this site tho! xo

Maia

Posted at 10:21 AM on June 7, 2010

So cute! Love her!!!!

Chloe Melas

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 7, 2010

ya right! She was awful last night! she couldn’t dance could barely sing and it was totally boring!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:22 AM on June 7, 2010

Excuse me, crazypants – that performance was AWESOME. She sounded amazing and I don’t think she’s ever looked better. You’re just a hater.