EXCLUSIVE DETAILS! The Truth Behind John Mayer's Tour Cancellation — His Illness Really Stinks!

Wed, June 2, 2010 3:28pm EDT by 15 Comments

HollywoodLife.com knows the REAL story behind the sickness that forced John to cancel the remaining dates of his European tour…

When John Mayer canceled the last four dates of his European tour claiming sickness, we had to wonder whether he was telling the truth. Did the playboy rocker simply drink too much or did tickets not sell well enough? Unfortunately for his fans in Amsterdam (two shows of which were sold out!) Madrid and Manchester, UK, John really IS sick — with food poisoning!

“John is recovering from a horrible food poisoning episode,” a source close to Jennifer Aniston’s ex tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “He got it from backstage catering [at the Forum Copenhagen May 31] which gave him such major diarrhea.”

Well, that stinks (literally)! But don’t worry, Mayer the Player will live! “Mayer is returning home to the States and a full recovery is expected under a doctor’s supervision,” a statement released on the guitarist’s website June 1 read. A statement on the guitarist’s website June 1 reads. John’s rep didn’t respond to our request for comment.

Who needs a doctor? Our advice? Lots of water and LOTS of Pepto-Bismol!

– Laura Schreffler & reporting by Russell Weakland

Vicky

Posted at 11:36 PM on June 6, 2012

Hahaha he stinks anyways

Search and Find

Posted at 4:55 PM on June 1, 2012

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have consider your stuff previous to and you’re simply extremely excellent. I really like what you have received right here, certainly like what you’re stating and the best way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

how to get fans for your facebook page

Posted at 1:19 PM on May 8, 2012

It’s actually a cool and useful piece of info. I’m happy that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

gandy pool table

Posted at 6:52 PM on May 3, 2012

Attractive section of content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to say that I acquire actually enjoyed account your weblog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing on your feeds or even I success you access constantly rapidly.

vancouver web design

Posted at 5:30 AM on May 3, 2012

My brother suggested I would possibly like this website. He used to be entirely right. This put up actually made my day. You cann’t consider simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

Self Storage Hollywood

Posted at 8:53 PM on April 29, 2012

I’ve been browsing online greater than three hours these days, but I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s pretty worth sufficient for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the web will be much more helpful than ever before.

Loans blog, tips and fun

Posted at 6:03 AM on April 24, 2012

You are in reality a excellent webmaster. The web site loading velocity is amazing. It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done a wonderful job on this topic!

cheap basketball shoes forwomen

Posted at 9:41 AM on April 20, 2012

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth was a enjoyment account it. Look complicated to far brought agreeable from you! However, how could we be in contact?

Nick

Posted at 7:34 AM on June 8, 2010

I know people who work at the hotel where he stayed. He checked out early (7am) on the 31st so it cannot have been the food at Forum in Copenhagen. That’s a really lame story. The same people saw him on the 30th late at night out on the town – drunk, stoned and whatnot. He returned early morning on the 31st to the hotel and checked out afterwards!!

DB

Posted at 5:53 PM on June 8, 2010

Hi Nick, in which hotel did he stay in CPH?

Edward

Posted at 10:41 AM on March 2, 2011

I can confirm this as I was at the hotel my self.

John was in great shape after the extra concert that he held the day before the original consert and even playd in the hotel bar in the evening… as mentioned he checked out early in the morning, stoned out of his mind and left Denmark… the whole floor smelled of canabis and there was found stronger stuff in his room acording to the staff at the hotel…

To bad a great artist as John f***s up his fans like this…

Nathalie

Posted at 7:18 AM on June 4, 2010

I don’t really care what caused John’s illness… But I guess that really a big issue in the US.

I just hope he will reschedule the remaining concerts in Europe. We would appreciate it, and I think the fans in the UK and Denmark would to.

But the most important thing is that he get’s better soon.

We sill love ya John! Hope to see you soon! Please come bank and perform for us!

Love, from the Netherlands!

Nathalie

Posted at 7:20 AM on June 4, 2010

Please don’t mind my typo’s. I’m trying to write in my best English..

GossipLVR5

Posted at 5:37 PM on June 2, 2010

If Bret Micheals can play a show the day after suffering a brain hemorrhage, I think John can buy himself some Pepto-Bismal and get through a set for his fans!

Mayerfan

Posted at 8:33 PM on June 2, 2010

One would think so, but I’ve had really bad food poisoning myself–the sweats, the chills, the stomach cramps, the vomiting, the diarrhea, the dehydration–and know how bad it gets. It can last for days; I get why he canceled those tour dates! Real food poisoning is a lot worse than a bad case of diarrhea!