IS THERE HOPE YET? 'Seeker' Star Bridget Regan On Show Cancellation: 'I Still Haven't Been Released From My Contract!'

Wed, June 2, 2010 6:03pm EDT by 367 Comments

052410_Bridget_Regan_544_02_BR3

Bridget Regan is the queen of a gigantic and fervent fanbase — and she wants the ‘Legend of the Seeker’ fans to know they can still save the show …

Bridget Regan played the gorgeous, young warrior Kahlan on the syndicated drama Legend of the Seeker but ever since the show was cancelled in March, a huge campaign was started by her fans to help save the show! Bridget tells us that after two successful seasons of the show she was shocked it wasn’t renewed.

“It was doing really well in the second season,” says Bridget. “I thought our fan base was growing and especially how many countries were viewing the show … but I guess we needed out ratings on TV to be higher.”

The auburn beauty admits no one on the set would give her any answers as to why the show so suddenly came to a halt.

“I tried to get some answers,” she says. “It was not going to be produced by ABC unless someone else would come along and produce the show. I don’t know the whole of it … they haven’t told me … everyone was surprised by it.”

Bridget sadly recounted the day she heard the news. “One of the writers of the show told me … the main writer and we had a nice long talk about it and he was obviously very sad. I still haven’t even been released from my contract but I know it’s coming soon.”

Despite the sadness that comes along with the end of the show Bridget says she’s loved playing Kahlan! “I knew as soon as I read the breakdown that I would get the part,” says Bridget. “I knew that was me when I read the part of Kahlan.”

She wants all of her fans to know how much she appreciates them! “I want to thank my fans for their support and love and I hope they can enjoy what I do next and they are certainly a devoted bunch!”

If you want to save the Seeker then leave your ideas and comments below!

— Chloe Melas and reporting by Salimah Khoja

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

mike emiko

Posted at 8:08 AM on July 28, 2014

I am deeply in love with the show and I would greatly welcome its continuation. I so much love u Kahlan, Richard, Zedd and Cara. hope to see you people again

Dominic Chimpakasa

Posted at 8:45 AM on June 24, 2014

Like seriously season 3 not yet out,pliz bring back the seeker am in Zambia central Africa and am a big fun of this series. Am stil waiting for season 3 #bringbackthelegendoftheseekerseason3

Michael Opare

Posted at 10:30 AM on May 10, 2014

i have really fell in love with the show and that there is nothing more i would want than to see the renewal of this fantastic Tv show. I mean if i had the resources i would produce it myself. i love you kahlan,richard, zedd and cara.

Maliq Jeffry

Posted at 6:43 AM on April 26, 2014

Please bring back legend of seeker season 3!!!,we want it back,,,,,,,,PLEASE!!!!!

S. Chris

Posted at 1:28 PM on February 12, 2014

How come no body is talking about Cara Mason, my favorite? Seriously she made the season 3 fun for me, because she was the lady with the guts, and i dont care what people think about her, she is an excellent actor to me, and i want to see her one more time in action come season 3, please.

tanny naya

Posted at 4:08 PM on January 14, 2014

maybe at first the rating is not so high,competition is tough..but for now sure thing legend of the seeker will go high 4 years of word of mouth is more than enough…once u watch the show in dvd at the end full of regret why they havent making a 3rd season..bridget regan is fantastic as khalan ..bring back the show..

Robert L Schuh

Posted at 2:39 AM on January 4, 2014

in 2014 the legend of the seeker deserves to get to a 3rd season with all the same actors and actresses with Bridget Regan,Emily Foxler,Tabrett Bethell,Danielle Cormack,Craig Horner,Craig Parker,Bruce Spence and more of the same actors and actresses so please help the show in 2014 get back on the air onto a 3rd season of the legend of the seeker.

Bethany

Posted at 3:42 PM on January 28, 2014

I agree with this statement

Meadee

Posted at 3:11 PM on November 8, 2013

I really was surprised when i heard d movie was stop. I mean i was expecting season by the time i heard this. I’m in Nigeria and i LOVED and STILL LOVE IT. I have tonnes of friends who are still expecting it. PLS RETURN OUR SEEKER!!

Acido

Posted at 9:48 AM on October 15, 2013

Out of all season films..legend of the seeker has been the one i want to keep watchng…pls kalhan and other ppl on set..we want season 3

H.t. Lina

Posted at 2:17 PM on October 12, 2013

I’m filled with happiness & loveliness when I watch legend of the seaker season 1&2…I’m begging you to make season 3!!!

H.t. Lina

Posted at 2:14 PM on October 12, 2013

I love legend of the seeker and it loveliness will increase if they make season 3…..I’m begging you to make season 3!!!

Robert L Schuh

Posted at 2:34 AM on January 4, 2014

I love the legend of the seeker more than any show I have ever watched so please help get the legend of the seeker to a season 3 in 2014 with Bridget Regan,Craig Horner,Tabrett Bethell,Danielle Cormack,Bruce Spence,Craig Parker,and all the other great actors and actresses. the show has great morals,true love,true friendship, real life situations,magic and more that is another reason it deserves to get to another season to a 3rd season please in 2014

shadowslice

Posted at 7:57 PM on September 14, 2013

Pls bring back session 3

Larry b.

Posted at 10:37 PM on September 12, 2013

VERY CAPTIVATING. HOW COULD YOU NOT BRING IT BACK? FUN ENTERTAINMENT. BABES, MAGIC, FANTASY, ACTION, IT HAS EVERYTHING!!!

Patrick Sayet

Posted at 4:43 PM on March 18, 2013

the sad thing for TV shows is the answer is easy : they preferred a more “casual” show to entertain the most of the audience
and the worst is the system is totally aberrant and unfair : the important thing in the ratings is the number of people watching because they watched the ads, which is just so untrue as most people don’t care for them (grab a snack, go to the toilets …) ; but they still don’t count people who record the show and even less the ones from abroad that will download the show the next day

Jerry

Posted at 6:13 PM on November 11, 2012

From the first episode, I’ve been hooked to this amazing series. I sat down during the weekends and watched episode after episode. I couldn’t stop. I finished the entire first season with 3 days. And soon after I began the 2nd series and finished it as well. I was so sad and surprised when I learned that there wasn’t going to be a 3rd season. While the season finale was a good closing, I want the series to continue. It’s such a good tv series; the best of all time. It really doesn’t make any sense to cancel it. Please continue this series.

dennis

Posted at 12:51 PM on November 6, 2012

I just got into the show a few days ago and it is fantastic the story the characters everything. I was very disappointed when I saw there was no continuation of the series. If it is brought back the fan base will be even bigger with everyone who has discovered it. A third season would have the fans jumping out of their seats, I mean what do they have to lose if it is continued nothing!! Because people will tune in so quickly the ratings will fly through the roof.

Tim

Posted at 9:50 AM on October 15, 2012

Legend of the Seeker was my favorite show on tv. I so wish they would renew it and come out with a third season. It has a growing fan base still. We want Legend of the Seeker back! And besides, the second season ended where a third season could easily pick up where it left off. It was such a great show!

Bam

Posted at 2:14 PM on September 25, 2012

I LOVE legend of the seeker would defiantly love to se. It come back an I know a lot of Other ppl who enjoy wAtching as well one of my fav

hwg

Posted at 4:09 PM on September 23, 2012

Sadly we don’t get to follow our friends anymore and I have really enjoyed the two seasons that we have seen and I really hope the producers will reconsider their cancellation of the show which many of us have come to love!! Great acting performance… especially from Bridget!! :)

Joy

Posted at 6:54 PM on September 14, 2012

Legend of the Seeker was one of the few shows on television with quality writing, characters, and a quality message. We just don’t see shows like this on television anymore. The more I watched, the more I wanted to keep watching. Do shows ever come back after being canceled? I don’t think they do, but I hope this is the first! This show hasn’t aired since 2010, but I believe in miracles :-)

Laura Stapp

Posted at 4:07 AM on August 1, 2012

This was an awe inspiring tv series based on an excellent series of books. Please don’t stop now, I am so intrigued to find out where Richard, Kahlan, Zed and Cara end up next! Please keep the show going!

Brian Ball

Posted at 8:46 AM on June 30, 2012

Loved the skow and have bought the DVD’s for both seriers, please bring back Season 3

Robert Schuh

Posted at 3:17 PM on March 24, 2013

the legend of the seeker is worth a 3rd season I love the legend of the seeker more than any TV show the show is worth true love,great morals,true love,magic, real life situations so help me to get the legend of the seeker to a 3rd season in 2013 & even more seasons which it is worth to get Bridget Regan is superb as Kahlan Amnell the mother confessor as well as Tabrett Bethell & Craig Horner as Richard Rahl the seeker as well as Craig Parker & Bruce Spence as the wizard including Danielle Cormack as Shota they are all superb actresses & actors better than anyone I have ever seen in the legend of the seeker in a season 3 & probably more seasons so help me to get the show to get back on the air in 2013 the show is the best show I have ever seen in my life so help me to get the legend of the seeker for a 3rd season & maybe in more seasons as well as a 4th to 5th season maybe if we all can try to help the show get back on the air in a 3rd season in 2013 please to help us get to more seasons.

Robert Schuh

Posted at 3:22 PM on March 24, 2013

help us get in 2013 to get a season 3rd season in the legend of the seeker in 2013 & probably more seasons the show is worth more than any show I have ever seen so help us get a 3rd season of the legend of the seeker with Kahlan Amnell as the mother confessor as Bridget Regan as Kahlan Amnell the mother confessor plus all the other actresses & actors because they are all superb actors & actresses so help us to get the legend of the seeker in the 3rd season in 2013 in the air & more seasons please to have the show to continue with more seasons in 2013 I love the show more than any other show the legend of the seeker in 2013 to get back on the air and more seasons

kurt heilig

Posted at 4:44 AM on June 24, 2012

i loved everyshow and was so looking forward to the next series… bring it back

H Lucas

Posted at 9:58 PM on June 15, 2012

So Sad to see a show like (the Legend of theSeekers) gone love this show and would like to see more. I pray it comes back.

aj

Posted at 10:14 AM on May 2, 2012

Please bring it back its devastating to kill these beautiful characters!