Dr. Drew Pinsky says that sometimes finalists get depressed after the high of the American Idol finale. Here are his preventative tips for going down a dark path!
Lee DeWyze, Casey James and Crystal Bowersox, it’s going to be tough adjusting to your new lives as famous recording artists post-American Idol — but Celebrity Rehab‘s Dr. Drew Pinsky reveals how YOU can resist temptations and avoid ending up on his show like former contestants Jessica Sierra and Nikki McKibbin.
“We’ve treated a number of the Idol contestants and the one thing they all tell me is that the let-down after the final performance is so profound, they get depressed,” the 51-year-old specialist said on the American Idol finale red carpet May 26, advising, “That’s the thing to watch for — keep your balance…and enjoy the moment.”
Watch our video to also hear what the most popular doctor in Hollywood has to say to SCRAM-bracelet wearing starlet Lindsay Lohan (get back to treatment!) and recently hospitalized (for a reported overdose) country singer Mindy McCready!
–Kirstin Benson, reporting by Laura Schreffler
Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!
- What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
- Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva