EXCLUSIVE! Figure Skater Johnny Weir Is Dropping A New Single 'Dirty Love!'

Sun, May 30, 2010 11:00am EDT by 5 Comments

Getty Images

Getty Images

Johnny has already dominated men’s figure skating NOW he wants to try out his other strength … SINGING!

Johnny Weir, is temporarily hanging up his figure skates to lay down some tracks! We spoke with the the three-time U.S. National Men’s figure skating Champion at the Sex and the City 2 premiere in NYC May 24 and he spilled his next move! He tells HollywoodLife.com he teamed up with RuPaul‘s producer, Lucian Piane to record a single called ‘Dirty Love.’

“I wrote the lyrics,” says Johnny. “This is something I always wanted to do, and Lucian had a beat already made so I was like I’ll write some words and we’ll sing it! And it’s actually really good.”

But why is it called ‘Dirty Love?’ “When you think dirty love you think automatically dirty sweaty sex and that’s not what the song is about,” he says. “It’s based on my relationship with the judges, and reporters how you kind of have to pretend to love somebody … It’s like my relationship with a bunch of people.”

Johnny, 25, even gave us the hook of the song! “I’m not scared of your dirty love/You think you know me but I’ll call your bluff/Better raise your game come on lets make some dirty love.”

He might even record more songs! “I hope so! I mean, I want to see how this first song does,” he says. “I mean, I’ve never thought of myself as a singer.”

-Chloe Melas & Sara Kapner

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

MLD

Posted at 7:34 AM on May 31, 2010

Exclusive? Try old news. This was on his Twitter, and other sites, a while ago.

Do you need a dictionary to look up the meaning of the word?

ms.bieber

Posted at 4:02 PM on May 30, 2010

god see i dont know her but when i looked at the top of the pic -her head – she looks yough then ilooked at her hands then she lookes old omg am happy for her she looks gud! keep it up person i dont know! lol

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:23 PM on May 30, 2010

uh… which “her” are you referring to? lol … there are no women in this photo.

Paula

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 30, 2010

Johnny is a multi-talented marketing genius. CAN’T WAIT to hear this song, but hope there will be an entire CD in the future. I imagine the video will be awesome. There has to be one to really showcase Johnny being Johnny.

Deborah

Posted at 1:46 PM on May 30, 2010

THAT’S HOT! I am so excited about the song. I did not know that he wrote the words. Man this guy is talented in more that skating and design. He sure knows how to sell himself. This is going to be a HIT. Nice words!